Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

I don't know it is real, here is what I learnt from calling TSC IO. My son's biometric were not uploaded to there system automatically, IO said I will request officer to look for biometric and upload into the system. I don;t buy all the crap they say, but doesn;t hurt to call them and find out why is the delay.

Goodluck

Thanks StillAlive!

Sorry I forgot to mention this.
She went for biometrics in the first week of Jan, 2008 and 1 LUD on her case on 5th Jan, 2008.

How many days it takes usually to get the card after biometrics?

Thanks!

Resp to Enq.

Hi All,

Received the resp. to the enq. on my wife's case intiated in the beg. of Jan yesterday. Says "Background check open" wait for 6 months. Mine got approved on Jan 11th.:(

Last time when I had called (Jan-end) using POJ, I/O had said such "USCIS Background checks usually take 30-60 days".

Comments/thoughts.

-Still

So they didn't mention anything about retrogression? Makes me wonder if this wasn't yet another standard reply when they don't know what they are doing/talking about. Then again I've read some cases before where the USCIS checks take longer than the average. Not sure how to interpret this reply.

At any rate, they said 'USCIS background checks," not FBI's. Which is good, they at least understand their own memo.

Hi All,

Received the resp. to the enq. on my wife's case intiated in the beg. of Jan yesterday. Says "Background check open" wait for 6 months. Mine got approved on Jan 11th.:(

Last time when I had called (Jan-end) using POJ, I/O had said such "USCIS Background checks usually take 30-60 days".

Comments/thoughts.

-Still

A quick update.
We had a LUD on 2/3/08 with no change in message
Still no reply from ombudsman
Today, the TSC lady said that my spouse's security checks were cleared and we should expect a decision within 60 days. Sounds like a standard reply, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. We plan to schedule an infopass too, to confirm this info.

No Update or acknowledgement yet

Responded to my wife's RFE on January' 29th, 2008 FEDEX but no update or LUD or ......... yet. Filed DHS-7001 but not be able to assist response. Lawyer not responding.

:eek:

A quick update.
We had a LUD on 2/3/08 with no change in message
Still no reply from ombudsman
Today, the TSC lady said that my spouse's security checks were cleared and we should expect a decision within 60 days. Sounds like a standard reply, but we are keeping our fingers crossed. We plan to schedule an infopass too, to confirm this info.

Hi,

How long have your guys been waiting for derivative's I-485 Approval? My case with my son's got appproved July, 2007. So far there is no any sign for my spouse's case progress although we were told 2 weeks ago that everything is fine and just waited for visa number. Due to retrogression after my case approval last July, my spouse's PD became current again from March 1. Why does derivative's case delay so long?

We have booked tickets for trip abroad on the end of June. But I real don't like to reward USCIS another $340.00 for AP. Please share your experience here. Thanks.

EB3 - PD: Aug. 2002
I-140/485 - RD: Aug. 2004
485 AD: July 2007(primary) and Aug. 2007(child)

You can see from my signature- we have been waiting since my approval in Apr 2005
Hi,

How long have your guys been waiting for derivative's I-485 Approval?

anya4ever, Is your PD current now?

Our PD will be current again in April 2008. My spouse's case was transferred to NBC and interview was done in Feb 08 and they could not approve GC because Visa numbers were unavailable for EB2 India. We are thinking of taking infopass every Friday in April, until the officer updates online status to approval.

Follow-up: just got spouse's 485 approved

Just got CRIS email saying approval notice sent. If your PD is current, it should be your turn. Good luck to every body.

Hi,

How long have your guys been waiting for derivative's I-485 Approval? My case with my son's got appproved July, 2007. So far there is no any sign for my spouse's case progress although we were told 2 weeks ago that everything is fine and just waited for visa number. Due to retrogression after my case approval last July, my spouse's PD became current again from March 1. Why does derivative's case delay so long?

We have booked tickets for trip abroad on the end of June. But I real don't like to reward USCIS another $340.00 for AP. Please share your experience here. Thanks.

Spouse approved

Hi All,

Yesterday got the welcome email for my wife.

So now both me and my wife have gone green.

All the very best to everybody.

Thanks and regards,
Still

My husband got a call from the ombudsman office. The lady wanted to know my application numbers and dates of approval. She said she'd look into the files for us. Hopefully, now we will get some good news too.

That does NOT sound like a standard response from ombudsman. Typically, they just place a SR and relay the reply from CIS to the applicant who inquires. So they may have felt something wrong about the way CIS has been dealing with your husband's case (really, your waiting is WAY TOO long for no real reason). Hopefully, this will get things resolved for you.

My husband got a call from the ombudsman office. The lady wanted to know my application numbers and dates of approval. She said she'd look into the files for us. Hopefully, now we will get some good news too.

I am happy for you about the call from ombudsman. I hope your numbers are current for April atleast, so they can approve immediately.

My husband is still pending, we got a letter from USCIS saying he has called them on 3/24/8 and that they separated our files, because I was approved and he was not.
The letter says wait 6 months and call again !!!! How can this be!!!

I have my gc since 9/5/7 and he has to renew ead already