Tracker: Waiting for Derivative's I-485 Approval

proper signature

Can you please put your details in your signature like I have done!

Hi All,

I am mostly a silent visitor of this forum. Our case (mine, spouse and 8 yr old son) was transferred from VSC to TSC on 3/17/07. Me and my spouse's case got approved on 7/17/07 but no news on my son's case. In fact there was not even an LUD after 3/17, the date of the transfer.

Called TSC couple of times - every time they say it should get approved and they are sending a note to the reviewing officer, but no luck yet.

Raised a SR on 7/29, received response on 9/5 saying further review is required.

So not sure whats going on - completely bewildered. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any suggestions what else to do?

Steps performed before Biometric done

Today I got Card Prodcution Ordered email for my son..

Hi Gccub,
Congratulations!
Can you please explain the step you initiated before having your son's biometric done or did you get the notice on it's own!

Katrina,
Thanks for your reply. I wish that your spouse will receive the card very soon! That means I have to call 800-xxx. Do you remember the dialing sequence order which you used to make the call! If possible, please let me know.
Sarwar

Hi Sarwarmd, I put the sequence order on my previous post here the link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263906

Below is part of what I wrote to sanjb

you also can found out about that by called the number (800) 375 5283 then 1, 1(for case status) then you have to put your case number it will then tell your latest status then after that you can press 3 to continued then 4 ( if you file more than 1 case and you receive decision on one but not the other and you worry about companion separation please press 4) it will connect you to the CSR as well.

At the last called the CSR request my spouse to speak to her.
So you might want to call when your derrative are with you just in case.

Good luck

Thanks

Thanks Katrina. Probably I will call next week as I thought earlier.

Hi Sarwarmd, I put the sequence order on my previous post here the link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263906

Below is part of what I wrote to sanjb

you also can found out about that by called the number (800) 375 5283 then 1, 1(for case status) then you have to put your case number it will then tell your latest status then after that you can press 3 to continued then 4 ( if you file more than 1 case and you receive decision on one but not the other and you worry about companion separation please press 4) it will connect you to the CSR as well.

At the last called the CSR request my spouse to speak to her.
So you might want to call when your derrative are with you just in case.

Good luck

Hi geofu,

Do I need to worry for the approval notice sent for my spouse and the notice was sent on Aug. 31, 2007 and I am yet to receive the same.

Thanks

We went to infopass and the officer said he cannot initiate a Service Request and we have to call TSC to create a service request. Strange but true.
My spouse went for an info pass, the officer initiated an SR and asked to come back if it is not approved in two weeks

One more step, my 7 year old son received FP notice for next week.
I have Infopass appointment for day after tomorrow, can I just take early FP on this visit? any takers

I think I've seen people do a walk-in FP (e.g., husband and wife got different appointment dates, so both go on the earlier date and got it done, etc), so I guess they will probably let you, as long as you have an appointment notice. You can explain to them you happen to have infopass, etc...

One more step, my 7 year old son received FP notice for next week.
I have Infopass appointment for day after tomorrow, can I just take early FP on this visit? any takers

But my infopass is a follow-up appointment to check the status of my wife pending application. I don;t know they will honor this time.

I think I've seen people do a walk-in FP (e.g., husband and wife got different appointment dates, so both go on the earlier date and got it done, etc), so I guess they will probably let you, as long as you have an appointment notice. You can explain to them you happen to have infopass, etc...

Calling for kid's cases

But my infopass is a follow-up appointment to check the status of my wife pending application. I don;t know they will honor this time.

Probably USCIS will not honour you to have finger printing but they may initiate a request to send FP appointment letter. This is my guess.
I will be giving a telephone to call their 800-xx number for the pending cases of my cases. I will be calling either today or tomorrow.

LUD on Kid's case

Hi All,

Not sure if it means anything, but there was a LUD on my kid's case. No significant change in mesage. The current message is :

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Any idea what might be next?

hi All.,
Was away for a while on Vacation...In our case Primary approved and Spouce Pending. SR response was it is in active process..

Did any one had any information why they were not approving the spouce applications ?

Is it the first such case

Hi All,

Not sure if it means anything, but there was a LUD on my kid's case. No significant change in mesage. The current message is :

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

Any idea what might be next?

I am seeing a LUD first time on kids case after the approval of primary. You must have called USCIS before the LUD appearing in your kid case and now they are working on the case!

My son's case was approved and we even got the receipt of approval.
After approval we got his biometrics done, the message online went from approved to "The case has been transferred to another office for processing...." What does that mean.
Could it be for card production?

Service request opened

Regarding my kids cases, today I called 800 and it went to NCS and not TSC. During the transfer, I got a message saying that there is no immigration available at this time.

NCS representative asked me to wait for 45 days and call them back if I do not hear any decision on my kids cases.

You mean Nebraska or National Service Center?

Regarding my kids cases, today I called 800 and it went to NCS and not TSC. During the transfer, I got a message saying that there is no immigration available at this time.

NCS representative asked me to wait for 45 days and call them back if I do not hear any decision on my kids cases.