Registered Users (C)
Guys, can you post details if your case was approved and your spouce's was not

My case approved on 02/16/2003
Still waiting for wife's approval.

same here

RD 10/04, Primary approved 03/04/04. Spouse pending
Some history on my calls to IIO since then:
I have called pretty much once a week for the first three weeks
Each time I have spoken to a really nice person and he/she has always told me that this should not have happened.
One of them told me that the files were together until adjudication (makes sense since we received our RFEs together for missing medical form)
Each one said that they would send a fresh notice to the officer in-charge.
Since I work for a small company where the HR is pro-active in such matters and they do pay the lawyers a lot of money, I have now decided to e-mail HR instead.
Last week the lawyer told us that they have been calling the INS every week regarding our case and that each officer is allowed to take upto 30 days on a case. So the lawyers plan to call their INS liason and ask that the case be transfered to a supervisor if no action is take by 04/01. I try to keep this thread updated.
I had also started a similar thread after my approval and kia and hereforever were few of the respondents at that time too.

Rd 10/18/01, My AD 02/14/03 and still my wife case is pending ...

After waiting for one month I lost my hope that my wife case will be approved any time soon. We called IIO and got the irresponsible answer that the case is there where it's supposed to be. GOD knows what that means.

Recently last week I called my local senetor office and sent the Email about my wife's case details. The immigration person from senetor office asked us to wait for one more week before they get back to us.

My situation too...
Primary applicant:RD 08/03/01; RFE (empl.) 10/17/02; AD 03/28/03
Spouse - still pending

My lawyer called yesterday to check if the case got separated or lost. Not so. IIO said we should hear within 7-10 days. Got to be positive....

My wife's case got approved 3 weeks after mine

Here are some details.

My wife's case got approved on April 4th, after about 3 weeks of my application getting approved. Mine was an Employment based RFE case.

Good luck.

Spoke to IIO at 9:00 on 4/7/03

My husband spoke with IIO today regarding his case.
I am the primary and was approved on 4/3/03.
He was told that the FP expires on 4/17 and I quote " it costs us an additional $50 to get the FP done and we cannot charge it to the applicants- it is not much but when you multiply it with the # of cases, it can become substantial. If it is not approved before the FP validity, it is a black mark against the officer.. not that he will be shot or hung.. You should be approved by that date"..Unquote.. Hope there is some truth in this..

RD 10-29-01 AD 02-13-03 Spouse pending...

dusranazar,

When does the finger print expire? a year from it was done?

I got approved on 4/9/03 waiting for Wife's approval

I got approved on 4/9/03 waiting for Wife's approval

From this thread seems like it can be a while

what happened

my case was approved on 2nd of April based on on line and AVM but my 14-year-old son did not get his approval neither place.
what is the possible reason for this?

TO: Mulan Liu

This message might not be appropriate at this site. However, I still write out due to some commons. My experience just for your reference.

My I-485 RD 10/18/2001 and ND 11/30/2001. My child will turn 14 soon.

My case has been transferred to local for interview on 3/5/2003. Around 3/18/2003, local INS required my child to do Fingerprinting just like us earlier, but the notice did not indicate specific date/location. My lawyer doubted about such a notice, as my child is younger than 14. We had no choice but to try. I took my child to ASC place, and the staff questioned the age and told us the system might not accept the information due to age but to input. To our suprise, the computer system recognized the information and my child did fingerprinting. One week later, we got interview notices scheduled for next week.

Will keep you update.

Wish your son get direct approval soon.

Mine and my daughter cases has been approved on April 5th, but my wife's case is still pending

Gchello

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me.

i don't care it will take a bit longer for my son to get his approval. but sometime BCIS could get things massed up. Like your son who doesn't need a fingur print but ....

my worry is that BCIS lost his file or misplaced it to somewhere and will never find it.

there must be some mistakes happened to them. otherwise there is no reason to not update website even a RFE is issued.

VSC in their infinate wisdom

According to my lawyer
VSC sometimes separates the files of a family.
Once again, no known reason or logic.

So if the primary applicant's application comes to the top first, then all is well and the case is processed.

If the secondary applicant's application comes to the top first, they put it back in the pile because primary is pending.

This continues until the primary is approved and then the secondary's application comes to the top and they check that the primary is approved so they approve the seconday automatically.

Hope the ordeal ends soon for everyone.

I am so looking forward to my LAST VISIT EVER (hopefully) to the BCIS / INS office, for Passport stamping.

My case Approved on 4/9
Wife's is pending

Atlast my wife case RD 10/18/01, EB2, NJ case is approved !!!

Thank GOD !!! Online message just changed to "This case has been approved. On April 14, 2003, ..." We have contacted our local senator office for the help with our case.

My case was approved on Feb. 14, 2003 itself so I was really started worrying about my wife's case more recently. Also in NJIT charges out of state tuition fee for just because she is not immigrant yet. Now this is not only a relief but it save us lot of money too :) :) :) :) :)

Thank GOD for all the help.

I wish every one in this forum gets the same relief feeling soon. I have been going through this pain for long enough to make this wish.

Now I have to convey this to my wife so see u guys soon!!!

Does one have o wait ..

for all secondary applicants to get approved before going for stamping?

Thanks.