Tracker, March I-140 (NIW/EB-OR,EB-EA,etc ) filer

hi

hope we all get approved soon and moove on to the next step. same here the confusion for 485 filling and waiting.

we all :"march april may" need goodluck charm

How Do I talk To IIO

hi everyone,
i have been waiting for my i140 since march.Still no sign of it. My lawyer is not willing to call the INS. I know that only the petitioner is allowed to call ,but is there anyone here that has called the IIO on his own. If yes please let me know what information they ask to find out if the person calling is the petitioner.Thanks a lot

Hi guys,

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True?

But in CSC i-140 are getting approved first and then it is going to a next step
this is the only service centre where results are coming out for concourrent filling application so please respond what is the process in case of concurrent filling and also read this article does this make any sense.

http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1851.html

INS Restricts Portability Eligibility in Concurrent Filings

We received some new and somewhat surprising information from Madeline Garcia following her attendance at an American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) South Florida luncheon on Wednesday (September 17th). Among the wealth of information she absorbed was the information relating to portability in the context of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings.

As you may be aware, AC21 includes a provision (§106(c)) which allows for a change in employment in cases of lengthy adjustment adjudications. What this allows for is the substitution of a new sponsor and offer of employment (in the same or similar profession) into a pending adjustment application if the I-485 has been filed and remained unadjudicated for 180 days or more.

Many of you have been writing to us asking us a couple of important questions such as:

1. Will the I-140 still be processed first?
______ - AND -

2. How will concurrent filing work in the context of I-485 portability?

According to the AILA source and the information shared at Wednesday's meeting, the INS has indicated that the I-140 will not be adjudicated until the I-485 is adjudicated. Furthermore, the INS has taken the position that this portability can only be enjoyed by an applicant for adjustment of status whose I-140 petition has been approved. Since applicants for adjustment who apply pursuant to their new ability to file concurrent I-140 and I-485 filings will not have an approved I-140 during the pendency of the adjustment, these applicants will NOT be eligible for the benefits of Section 106(c).

This information may change in the future since regulations have not been drafted. However, INS' comments highlight significant implications for many prospective concurrent applicants and reinforce that the new concurrent filing option, though very appealing, may not be for everyone.

Do you know the procession tme ?

HI, There,

Do you know the current procession time at VSC for NIW and EB1 cases ? From aother thread in CSC, the NIW has moved to 03/20, and EB1 in 06/12 stage.

Enjoy weekend and forget the INS for a while......

GuestUSA,

Your message is confusing. Do you mean that CSC EB-1 proc. time is 06/12, or do you mean that VSC EB-1 proc. time is 6/12, and you saw it on a CSC thread. Please clarify. Thanks!

Hi, gc-despo

I mean at CSC, and I wanna know the procession time at VSC.

Sorry about that.

Have a good weekend !

Guys, any idea what this means????

Further Slow Down in Processing at INS Likely Due to Annual Audit

As previously reported, INS has experienced delays in processing in recent months due to new procedures and enhanced security. Further delays are likely as INS offices around the country conduct their annual audit. As of September 23, 2002, general file movement will be restricted and delays are expected through October 8, 2002. Specific procedures among regional Service Centers vary.

According to AILA, the California Service Center (CSC) will continue to adjudicate cases and generate notices. Critical file movement, including premium processing and urgent cases, will be treated as exceptions to the general freeze. However, inquiries that require file movement will be delayed until the audit is over if they require file movement for a response or resolution.

The Vermont Service Center (VSC) has also ceased internal/external file movement. VSC will have the ability to move premium processing cases and expedites in extreme emergencies. Noting the exceptions above, approval and denial notices will not be issued throughout the audit. However, VSC will continue to issue RFEs (requests for additional evidence).

NO news is good news till OCt 8th

Yes, I heard of the same story. Except RFE, INS won't update the CLAIM system till OCt 8 when the audit is over.

BTW, I have always been trying to call IIO, but never get through, anybody has ever made it ?

Thanks and gook luck to you all.

approval and denial notices will not be issued throughout the audit. However, VSC will continue to issue RFEs (requests for additional evidence). [/B][/QUOTE]

The para-legal from my lawyer's office called IIO. They gave her a standard reply that they are now processing cases around 12th Feb and would not give an estimate on how long its gonna take. I hope all those idiots at INS VSC gets fired with INS re-structuring and they hire some competent people....

My case: ND: 03/13/02.
AD: hopefully sometime this year.....

VSC 140 procession time

I read from somewhere the 140 procession time report in VSC:
As of June, up to Feb 6 cases
As of August, up to Feb 12 cases
As of Sept. 27, up to Feb 12 cases

I assume it refers to the NIW/EB1 cases,as we have seen quite a few approvals of EB2 and EB3 cases whose ND is in April/May/June in the past two months.

Can you believe it ?????? INS(VSC)is indeed a mystery!!

Totally speechless.........

EB1???

I saw here somewhere a link and saw that two EB1 cases of may approved, VSC is working??? Mine EB1 is also filed in early may, hope to get the approval soon
any one applied with EB1 has news to share??

thanks

here is the link

Yesterday I read somewhere here that two may cases EB1 are approved recently, here is the link
http/instrack.sce.net
I did check there too about these approvals, ND may 5th, so guess things are mooving which brings ray of hope.
hope things turn around for good for all of us who are waiting for so long since april, may.

pl keep posted if you have any info

thanks

EAD approved with pending I140

EAD approved on 10/10

I140 details:
Category : EB1 MN Exec/Mgr.
RD : 04/24/02
ND : 04/25/02
RFE : 08/26/02 (Company financials, ability to pay wages and W-2 copies for last year)
RFE Reply sent on : 09/26/02; INS system not updated yet that INS received the RFE.
AD : still waiting

I485/765/131 filed concurrently
RD : 08/19/02
ND : 09/03/02
EAD : 10/10/02
FP : 10/08/02
Adv Parole : Still waiting

Need suggestion

I filed I-140 (Alien with Extraordinary Ability) at the end of March, and now I am still waiting the approval. Right now, my company is in very unstable shape and i could lost my job at any time. (I am in H1B). If i lose my job, can i go back to my home country and wait for I-140 approval and go the consular filing process instead of I-485?

Assuming that your I-140 goes through smoothly, you can do what you mentioned. However, seeking
the advice of a lawyer is useful in this kind of
situation. BTW, why not start loking for another job or may be even a temporary position in academia etc.... rather than taking the approach you mentioned ??

Don't give up pal

any news

any news about EB1 approvals??? its frustrating, already 160 days have passed and no clue..... last approvals 10 days ago I saw at http:// instrack.sce.net for two EB1 cases with ND in may, hope VSC is working.
pl share info

thankx