Tracker for Possible July 2002 interview - New Delhi Consulate

NWD says, expect an early August interview

My friend called the embassy from Delhi and was told that the interview date is assigned by the system and hence they cannot give any dates as of now. But the person also said that I can expect it to be in first week of August.
I was really hoping for a July interview. Looks like now I will have to change all my plans.

My details are:

NVC reviewd P3 : May 3rd
NVC sent to Embassy: May 8th

thats bad VSN !! I was hoping July too .... This really sucks !!

I will be calling them on Tuesday ... I sent them 2 emails last week but no response ... Did u write to them??

Delhi seems to be having a lot of backlog of Family Based cases and hence effecting the EB cases !!

You should expect ur dated to be Aug 2nd .. 3 months from the review date !!

I sent an email but ....

did not hear from them.
I remeber one post from this site where initially they said that he will get a July interview but gave June later on. I think it was Rohtak\'s. I am hoping for something like that. Lets see.

No doubt this whole process sucks.

I think AOS might have been better as these days people are getting approvals in 8-9 months.

New Delhi contacts?

Hi,

Can you please provide contact info for New Delhi Consular Section.
Where to call/write to ask about interview dates?
email address / tel#s would be appreciated.

thanks.

im9999, Shanks, any idea if teh NVC review could be slowed down now ?

It has been 22 days since my case reached NVC still review is not done. I know you guys had it done in 18-20 days.Just wondering if NVC is really taking 6-8 weeks as they keep saying !

KKKG, Bunty_420 - Are U planning to get LOcal PCC?

My Lawyer who has updated FAM (Foreign Affairs manual) and according to the manual we need PCC just from the Indian consulate. Lawyer also said that US Embassey is also suppose to follow FAM guidelines.

BTW I have sent emails to NWD but did not get any reply.

YES !! LOCAL PCC IS NOT A BIG DEAL FOR ME ..

AS I AM LEAVING ON 8TH JUNE .. SO GETTING A LOCAL PCC SHOULD NOT SEEM TO BE A PROBLEM FOR ME .. MAXIMUM I NEED TO CHAYE-PAANI FOR DEAR MAAMA JEE .. :)
YOU SAID YOUR LAWYER UPDATED FAM .. MAY I ASK .. IS HE SAN-DIEGO BASED ??

im9999, Have you been able to contact Delhi embassy?

Any word on the interview date yet?

targetgc..theres not really much difference between ur time frame and ours..

Dont worry..urs would be done any time now..just check cptracker to get a rough estimate..

shanks

VSN ...

i talked to Delhi on Tuesday ... the person said to expect late August !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delhi is the worst and is getting worse .... now i really wish I had done AC140 and saved myself 2 months ... Delhi is really screwing up, did u read that desert_boy got 2 inteview dates !! Because of all this confusion we might have lost on a July date ...

I asked him about the Local PCC .. he said not required ... if you reside in the US, get one from the Indian Consulate .. thats enough ...

im9999 - I got confirm email from NewDelhi for PCC

saying that Indian Consulate PCC is sufficient.

It seems Delhi has really gone lazy

First of all the new process added to the delay and on top of it Delhi is going so slow. Delhi does not update the website even.

I regret to have gone for CP now. At least in AOS I would have felt comfortable after 6 months.

Did he say anything about when they will send the packet 4 and where?

I have got PCC from Indian consulate in NY and hope that will be sufficient. I am thinking to have my friend call them again sometime in first week of June.

P4 will be mailed to the US address ....I made him verify it ...

If we don\'t get the P4, a relative can pick it up from the window between 3-4 pm ... he told me to expect the P4 after 15th of July ..

He said that if I want it changed to an Indian address, then I have to request it in writing ... not over the phone or email.. that sucks too !!

My center was Texas so for me CP was the only way out but now the tension regarding the war is more than that of going for CP !!

Interview on July 18

Hi Parag,

Mine interview is also on July 18th at NWD. I received my Packet 4 yesterday. Didiyou make your travel arrangements?

Vivek.

Parag and VT01 can u please give ur details

as to when was it reviewed and sent to NWD ... When did they enter it and whats ur category ....

would appreciate that... are u guys on cptracker ??