Tracker for Possible July 2002 interview - Mumbai Consulate

no I have not contacted mumbai yet because....

NVC had mentioned that it takes 2 weeks to reach there. So maybe, I\'ll contact them the week after the next (week of May 20)
when do you plan to contact them.

Do you thin we can still make it to July or interview in August?

Thanks
JK

they send through DHL.

I just checked with them Mine is sent to mumbai on 8th may wednesday
was approved on 3th may.
She said we sent it through DHL so it might have reached or reach there monday tuesday . I am not sure how long mumbai takes to put case in to their system. but towards end of next week they should have in their system .

I dont think it would take 2 weeks..

NVC always take about the worst case scenarios..
I am planning to email them on the 13th ( Monday)..it would reach them for Tuesday..and I think by that time they should have with us..
Anyways..they take 2 days to respond..so by the time they respond it would have been 15th..and thats 1 week from the day it was send..

I am hopeful of getting July..
If you look at the previous trends, Mumbai schedules interview for M+2, if it reaches before 30th of M ( month)..so I think we can hope for July..

Shanks

which address did u give?

which address did you give, indian or the US address..?
I remember Shanks or im999 saying that all the forms are not mailed if we give US address? is that correct shanks/im9999?

I have given US address. what do we do when something like this happens? Btw, what exactly does one get in P4 with indian address and what does one get with US address?

Thanks
JK

I\'ll send them an email right away

I\'ll send them an email right away. But I\'m not sure if they\'ll reply back with an interview date so soon. Do they?

JK8..yes send a mail with ur case number..

They wont give u ur interview date..but they would tell ur possible month..

Its better to give ur local address as u would get the complete packet-4 in that case..

all the best..
Shanks

jk8...local address is better

You can either give local address or US address...
not both ofcourse..

You get the complete package (appt letter .,DS230 PART 2,IRS9003 forms) if u give local address..

you would get only the appt letter if u give US address..
But all the above forms are available on the internet..u can take a prinout of them easily..
IRS9003 is a yellow color form..so need to take care when u take a prinout ..should be on yellow color paper..thats all..

so both ways it okay..if u have not decided still go for local address..

shanks

question

why so much focus on the "yellow" color? But thanks for the info, I\'ll probably go to kinkos and get it printed. any other suggestions?

Also, my company lawyers are taking care of my GC, so I\'m not sure, If i can come in and communicate directly to Mumabi consulate asking them to change the address. Just don\'t want to annoy my lawyers at this stage ;) So I\'ll stick to the US address.

Btw, just sent an email to Mumbai consulate asking for the interview date update.

Thanks
JK

did you guys start looking out for Tickets or

Hoping we get a July date, did you guys start looking out for Tickets or is it too early...?

the original IRS9003 form is in yellow color..

So if ur downloading from internet ,,then just to be safe..u can better take in on a yellow color paper..I too dont know how it would look..
let us see..

Or we can call up IRS and ask them to send one to our house..

Shanks

JK8 .. someone can also pick up the P4 on ur behalf from the consulate ...

that will have all the required forms ... as for the IRS9003, if you have a yellow paper then well and good .. if not, I think it should not matter .. u can always clarify it from the consulate ..

did u guys start looking out for travel tickets to mumbai?

assuming its july interview

CP gurus urgent help needed

1) Can any one tell me what all documents we need to mail to st louis.
2) On which application should I put my Indian address

jk8..i received an email from Mumbai consulate..

possible interview is in July..

Guys..Does this mean that Mumbai received my documents..

I am not able to beleive this because I had just send a mail to them about 6 hours back and they responded so quickly..

Shanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: Expected Interview date

Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:16:31 -0400

Part: 1

We hope to schedule you for an interview in July 2002. You may check with
us again by June 6-7, 2002, re exact interview date.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:54 AM
To: MUMBAIIV@state.gov
Subject: Expected Interview date

Dear Sir/Madam:-

Case Number - BMBXXXXXXXX.

Kindly let me know as to when I can expect my interview.

Thanks in advance.

I got the response from Mumbai

Got the following response:

We hope to schedule you and your spouse for an interview in July 2002.
Please check with us again re exact interview date by June 10-11, 2002.

Congrats Shanks and JK8, My P3 is reviewed on May 10th

Case is not yet sent to Mumbai. Hoping for July interview.

AC140 Question

Can I call/email the consulate to find out about my case even though I don\'t have a case number. It was sent to the consualte on 5/9.
On what basis do they not accept AC140 cases ?
Please advise