TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002

My Advance Parole approved on 05/30/2002, how long it will take to get .......

I haven\'t got yet, INS would have sent to my employer or my home?????????

Checked AVM ..

and the message is updated to FP results received and Process Resumed.
st8 - If as per your estimate March filers do not receive the GCs by september then, I am definitely going on leave from November until december end. I am gettin home sick. Have not visited India for past two years. Also, now I feel that India is extremely sweet and if I see the cities and known sites in movies, I really feel the urge to be there.

So, I want to go home and enjoy my time with my family. I think it is better to take off when we are paid less - than to take off when we are paid more !! Also, two months away from the thought of GC is good for health.

SIDR.

No Title

March2000tracker,
     Except those two in April tracker, did any one got FP from NJ after that...
I am not tracking properly now-a-days because of job tension...
My spouse called INS but of no use....

thanks,
raju

Enjoy that vacation!

Sidr, I was in India past Nov-Dec. It is always fun and good to visit one\'s family. I visit every 18 months and hope will do the same sometime next year. If you have not been in the past 2 years, things are a lot different (I don\'t know which part you are from but I am from the South). I personally felt people had more money than earlier days and lifestyles have changed. Also, "everything" materialistic is available now within easy reach and a lot more people can afford it. No need to buy imported goods from China/Burma bazaar, etc. Actually, in terms of electronics India has a far higher choice than US (May be not the latest PDAs).

As for jobs, it is no big deal to make 1 lakh per month in IT if you have about 8+ years of experience.

As for lesser pay, you are probably paid hourly. Hence the impact. (As for myself, I am a salaried employee and hence get paid vacation).

Enjoy your vacation with or without the GC. Wish that you get your GC before Nov/Dec, 2002.

No Title

st8 & Sidr,
   I think the nostalgia of India remains forever with us. Last time I visited is March 1999 and lot of things might have changed by now...especially in Hyderabad...
   Regarding the jobs in India, what you said is true...recently couple of my friends lost jobs here and they got jobs in India and they are getting paid more than 1 lakh. They got around 10 years of experience...
  On the other day, I was talking to my classmate who settled down in India and he was saying that some of my batchmates are already earning in crores and they all started from modest means. And he says that there are lot of opportunities in India now....

I am planning to visit since last year but unable to do so... May be I might visit once my FP is through and if current project goes through...

thanks,
raju

FP waiters, not as bad as this guy

nvcr "Help!!! Still no FP notice"

Please help RFE for me!!!

I just checked the AVM, EAD approved for spouse but RFE for me. what is the next step for me, should i call IIO or attorney for more details. please help!!!

rajum - I think you have broken the record - last visit was in 1999 March ?!!

USA is an excellent country I do not contest it - But as you said, nothing can replace a motherland. Getting such thoughts of returning to India after FP done and awaiting GC is regrettable. After getting GC, I will visit India every Year - No doubt.

EAD not yet approved - almost 90 days.

Almost 90 days. I called up IIO today and he says it was assigned to the officer only day before yesterday. This is the 4th time I am hearing this from them. Did any one arround this date range call IIO.
Can any one give some info on where in NY can we get it in one day after 90 days.
RD - 03/18/02
ND - 04/06/02

No Title

Sidr,

My I-140 got cleared in last may...at that time 485 was taking around 1.5 years in VSC..I thought OK..let me convert this into CP and I can plan the trip to India with CP interview. At that time, I-824 was taking a month and then cp in about 4 1/2 months. I applied the same...I-824 took more than 3 months and finally got approved towards the end of August 2001,

Now, I-140 file has to get transferred from INS to NVC and that never happened. Somebody lost my file...I don\'t know whether it is INS or NVC or postal dept. Finally, after three months NVC has given me a letter saying that they didn\'t have my file...and INS asked me to file duplicate I-140. I thought duplicate I-140 will take a month or two because they have to just create my file as everything will be there on their system....as such no decision is involved....but again INS proved me wrong...after a month when my attorney called they said that my duplicate I-140 will go in the regular process and I thought OK let me wait till that...And in February , I-140 cases of Nov started approving...then my employer called INS about my duplicate I-140...they said that file has been assigned to the officer and asked me to wait another 30 days....I waited another 30 days still no approval...then I called INS and asked whether I can apply 485 based on original I-140 approval they said yes....and hence I applied 485 in March\'2002....

But till today, my duplicate I-140 has not been approved and they say that it is a must for the approval of this I-485.....

Meanwhile, I lost assignment and whole insecurity crept in...lucky enough to find one month project within one month which got extended on a month to month for the last six months.....

Now this FP stuff...my wife want to visit India for more than three months and so waiting for this FP...I don\'t want EAD but I got EAD very early...a bunch of comedy by INS...I was the happiest person when Congress said they will dismantle INS....

Anyhow, I appreciate your patience for reading this otherwise boring stuff.................

thanks,
raju

rajum, I just gave up the idea of visiting India for now

And am bringing my parents here, they are coming here next week. Atleast they are lucky, they got 10years visa on their first application, that too in the war tension.
So lets wait and get the stuff and then visit India freely :)

Rames- can u answer me

after getting that RFE papers, what do i need to do. do i have to call the attorney, or directly send the further information to INS. just gaterhing the info before my RFE papers arrive.

No Title

va_waiter2001,
   I saw your private message today only...I am sorry for not replying at that time...

At least that is a big solace for you...and I want to bring my mother and her visa got rejected last year and this time she is not interested as she does not want to undergo the pain of asking too many questions by Chennai Consulate...

Lets wait for our FP\'s...

thanks,
raju

mycase, your attorney should receive the RFE

Send the responses through your attorney unless you filed yourself.

EAD approved after RFE on 06/15

My EAD was approved on 06/15 Satuarday.
RD = 03/04, ND= 04/24, RFE = 05/07, RFE received = 05/13, RFE replied = 05/17, INS received = 05/21

RFE for Photos.

Thanks

RAOSP

*** TRACKER UPDATE ***

Was really surprised with this. ND 5/29, EAD approved in 12 days and FP notice.
Anamica ">>>" 6/18/02 9:32am

VSC rocks for this person and sucks for some !

st8 - So are you suggesting that VSC cannot go wrong and it is doing the right thing for the right g

No hard feelings Please.