Tracker for EB3 cases

Re:

I think it would be a good idea post the details of labor substitution cases. It will give us a good idea whether these cases are taking any longer than the normal I140.
My DETAILS

wac03181*****
RD -- 30 MAY 2003
AD -- ?????

RFE action

I have WAC03078 and for an RFE - apparently my earlier lawyers did not submit a lot of the stuff I have them.

my ND was Jan 9th 2003.

RFE was for:
W2 for 2001, 2002
Better support of employment verification - clear listing of job duties, and name/address/phone# of person verifying

longwait

W2s with I-140?

Hi,

I have a quick question. My company plans to file i140 on my behalf. Do I have to provide W2s for the last 3 years (I had 2 employers during this time) when filing I-140?

My lawyer says it's not necessary at this point. I saw a couple RFEs in this thread because of W2s. I do not plan to file AOS as I decided to go for CP.

Any help is appreciated,
Tom

hi long wait!

Did you file I-485 and I-140 concurrently? I am trying to figure out why my lawyer says that I don't need W2 for I140 only...

thanks
Tom

Re: no - not concurrently

and you received the RFE for W2 after you submitted the I-485?
BCIS does not require W2s as supporting documents for I-140 petition, but does for 485. That's why it is weird that people on this board receive RFEs for missing W2s.
Can you please let me know if you got the RFE after your I-485 reached BCIS?
thanks.

Originally posted by long_wait_4_gc
my lawyer did not file 485 at the same time, but filed it about 4 months later (dont ask why)

RFE

RFE
hi,
i had checked my online status and it says that they have mailed Aug. havent yet received any letters from INS.
has anyone faced a same situation? what could they want more as evidence??
also they letter that they are sending will it come to me or my attorney???

and if given all the information , does the process start immi. or is it held up till the RFE period is done ???

please help.

Thanks in advance

140inCA

Hi 140inCA,
You need to submit three years W2 and last 3 paystubs for I-140. If you don't submit...there are chances of getting RFE. Unless you have some W2 with really low income..you should submit those.

my two cents,
Desi145

Re: 140inCA

Hi Desi145,
thanks for your reply, my lawyer insists that W2s are not required for I140... I guess I might be looking at an RFE down the road.
thanks again and good luck.

Originally posted by desi145
Hi 140inCA,
You need to submit three years W2 and last 3 paystubs for I-140. If you don't submit...there are chances of getting RFE. Unless you have some W2 with really low income..you should submit those.

my two cents,
Desi145

Reply to RFE

Recieved an RFE , and replyed the center with in 6 days .

Should the online status check system say that BCIS has recieved the details ?
Or does it stay same till the rfe period is done ?

And how long in general that RFE cases take time ...?

Please help !!! .

Thanks

Re: Reply to RFE

Originally posted by jakarta1
Recieved an RFE , and replyed the center with in 6 days .

Should the online status check system say that BCIS has recieved the details ?
Or does it stay same till the rfe period is done ?

And how long in general that RFE cases take time ...?

Please help !!! .

Thanks

Hi Jakarta,

What was the RFE about? Any details would be helpful.

Thanks

I was asked if i was awarded my degree after july 24 2002 (which isn't),
Did not make any sense to me , because all the information was submitted while filing .

Did any one come accress a similar situation ? And how long does it take for them to work on this ..?:confused:

Re:

I have a question abt change of address'
My I140 is applied in CA .I am moving to Boston. If i send a change of address from which i have to, will it affect my I140. pls suggest.

Re: Reply to RFE

Jakarta1,
My lawyer sent the reply for RFE on 7/18/03. The BCIS website is not updated yet. Is your's updated now ? Anyone else out there whose RFE status is not updated yet ?
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
EB category

I have a master's degree with over 10 years experience of which 5 years in the US. At the time of filing labor I had 3 years US experience. my labor was approved recently and my lawyer filed my I-140 (along with all the other concurrent proc applications) sometime middle of Aug'03. I had assumed that I would fall under EB2 but I was shocked to heard from the lawyer y'day that it was EB3. They seemed to suggest that it is BCIS that determines the category. After I told them WHY I should be EB2, they said they would try sending a letter to BCIS and request them to change the category but they were not sure if BCIS would do it. I'm very concerned on 2 counts - processing time difference between EB2 and EB3 and I'm worried that my lawyer isn't doing a good job - if they dropped the ball on this, they could be missing other things with the application.

Does anyone have similar experience? Is this situation something to worry about?