Tracker for appeals/MTR

MTR-Appeal

what is the proceesing time wait time in NSC for MTR's on I-140, I-485? Is any one applied MTR/Appeal recently. Please post the detais. Thanks in advance

Status during appeal

Guys,

I am new to this thread. I wanted to ask what is the legal visa status from the time the appeal is filed to the time a decision is made.

Thanks

MTR/ I290 Appeal AAU

I got a denial on my I40 and I485 from NSC because of education. I have bachelor degree (3 yr) in English and Masters in Public Administration from India.

The case was denied because the Educational Evaluation says Beachelor and Masters in Public Administration. The labor requires Bachelor in English.

We appealed in AAU with the fresh evaluation of Bachelor in English and Public Administration. We have the receipt date (transfer to AAU) of May 24, 05 from NSC.

What are the chances of case to get approve? Any time frame for such type of cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey United Nations,

I am new to this forum and heard a lot about you. Can you please provide your expert opinion on the question, I posted:

I got a denial on my I40 and I485 from NSC because of education. I have bachelor degree (3 yr) in English and Masters in Public Administration from India.

The case was denied because the Educational Evaluation says Beachelor and Masters in Public Administration. The labor requires Bachelor in English.

We appealed in AAU with the fresh evaluation of Bachelor in English and Public Administration. We have the receipt date (transfer to AAU) of May 24, 05 from NSC.

What are the chances of case to get approve? Any time frame for such type of cases.

Thanks in advance.

Hi UnitedNations,

If I-140 is denied at NSC and it's in appeal status (AAO), can i apply (re-apply) I-140 in different service center (VSC) by using my old approved LC. The employer is in Kansas and i work in Connecticut. Just wanted to know!

Thx-Satgym.

Guys,

My 140 got denied on Sept 20th. 3 yr degree issue. My ETA 750 says "Bachelors in comp or electronics or comp. science (box 14). nothing in box 15.
I have 3 yrd bachelors in science and 2 yrs IT diploma. submitted edu. evaluation along with 140, got RFE, saying combination is not accepted. attorney responded back saying, i did some thesis after my 3 yr course which is within bachelors program. Officer gets MAD, and denies the case... saying, i do not meet RFE requirements i.e. proving that my bachelors alone is not equi to Bach. in Comp as per Labor and also says, that my minimum requirement for edu. was not met bcoz of the above...

what r my chances of reapplying?????

I have backup plans, and started a fresh PERM with Rajiv Khanna office recently.
Btw, for all those who need some relief from burden, i'm in my 9th yr of H1!!!! (isn't that patience!@#$%^&*().......) hahaha..... immigration sucks in US man! i wish i was some illegal (maybe, i could have got my GC faster)... hahaha ;)

bunny01 said:
Guys,

My 140 got denied on Sept 20th. 3 yr degree issue. My ETA 750 says "Bachelors in comp or electronics or comp. science (box 14). nothing in box 15.
I have 3 yrd bachelors in science and 2 yrs IT diploma. submitted edu. evaluation along with 140, got RFE, saying combination is not accepted. attorney responded back saying, i did some thesis after my 3 yr course which is within bachelors program. Officer gets MAD, and denies the case... saying, i do not meet RFE requirements i.e. proving that my bachelors alone is not equi to Bach. in Comp as per Labor and also says, that my minimum requirement for edu. was not met bcoz of the above...

what r my chances of reapplying?????

I have backup plans, and started a fresh PERM with Rajiv Khanna office recently.
Btw, for all those who need some relief from burden, i'm in my 9th yr of H1!!!! (isn't that patience!@#$%^&*().......) hahaha..... immigration sucks in US man! i wish i was some illegal (maybe, i could have got my GC faster)... hahaha ;)
Read the post by user Karthick_Kris on this very page and this link http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1261051#post1261051

Get a new evaluation and file an appeal (290B).

Thanks Eric,

But my 1st edu. evaluation was done thru some company. If i use edu. from another company (Sheila Danzig), wouldn't that be an eyebrow for NSC guys? I'm a bit concerned with that. Also, i just noticed that my 1st edu. eval was incorrect. If we correct it now, NSC might say, difference of opinion blah blah and deny it. I'm confused.

Btw, this is my 3rd attempt to get GC... and got denied but trying to be positive with God's help...

1st attempt, got laid off when in Labor stage
2nd attempt, got denied for lack of evidence (didnt appeal)
3rd attempt, 140 denied bcoz of education...

not sure, when we can get the GC. even my wife isn't worried.

worry does nothing for us! better get on Knees and pray.....

bunny01 said:
Thanks Eric,

But my 1st edu. evaluation was done thru some company. If i use edu. from another company (Sheila Danzig), wouldn't that be an eyebrow for NSC guys? I'm a bit concerned with that. Also, i just noticed that my 1st edu. eval was incorrect. If we correct it now, NSC might say, difference of opinion blah blah and deny it. I'm confused.

Btw, this is my 3rd attempt to get GC... and got denied but trying to be positive with God's help...

You can always try .......BUt NSC is very strict with edu ..
But you can appeal the case and later if that get transfered to AAO office you can fight the case ....
All the best .....

There is 3 year denails who got evalutions with Sheila Danzig also

just it's an attempt.....NOT surity............

bunny01 said:
Thanks Eric,

LUD Changes

Hi All,
My LUD for I-140 and I-290B changed to 10/03/05 from 09/01/04. The AAO received this case on 08/25/04. I did not looked at the USCIS system for a long time now. The status message remains the same old one.
My fingers are crossed.

I belive your auttorney will get copy of AAU decission by today or tommorow. Try to keep in toutch with him.

Hope for best

lonelypoet said:
Hi All,
My LUD for I-140 and I-290B changed to 10/03/05 from 09/01/04. The AAO received this case on 08/25/04. I did not looked at the USCIS system for a long time now. The status message remains the same old one.
My fingers are crossed.

bunny01 said:
Thanks Eric,

Sorry to hear what you went thru.
You say <<wouldn't that be an eyebrow for NSC guys?>>, well, yes, it may be. But, there are people who have submitted a second evaluation and have got 140 approved. As A0001 has mentioned, it is just a try, no gurantee.
My logic is pretty simple. If you do not appeal, you don't get it. If you appeal, you may get it. So better to appeal. I know, it does involve some time and money.

Guys,

Help me make this decision...

My attorney says, we will appeal and argue that similar cases in the past have been approved..... I dont like his approach.

1. Should i get another evaluation from another company? (since my earlier evaluation was incorrect)

2. Should i appeal OR file for New I-140 with the same LC?

3. If i apply a new 140, can i apply it at another center? reason i ask this is bcoz, my company's headquarters is in Atlanta with branches everywhere. I live in California. thinking of CSC or TSC. I filed at NSC (LC approved from NSC jurisdiction) because at that time, LC was fast there... also, my company had branch in IL.

Please suggest me the best way..........

Appreciate your help

bunny01 said:
Guys,

My attorney says, we will appeal and argue that similar cases in the past have been approved..... I dont like his approach.

1. Should i get another evaluation from another company? (since my earlier evaluation was incorrect)

what is incorrect? what's ur exact edu...

U can do both

3. If i apply a new 140, can i apply it at another center? reason i ask this is bcoz, my company's headquarters is in Atlanta with branches everywhere. I live in California. thinking of CSC or TSC. I filed at NSC (LC approved from NSC jurisdiction) because at that time, LC was fast there... also, my company had branch in IL.

as policy you have to apply in employer jursdiction

Appreciate your help

Guys,

what is incorrect? what's ur exact edu...

my education is Bachelors in Science with maths/physics/chemistry + 2 yrs IT diploma. My LC states: bachelors in computers/electronics/comp. science.
attorney thought to combine my degrees and equal it with US bachelors

U can do both

u mean i can reapply a new one and at the same time, appeal as well??? wow! interesting. pls elaborate on this

as policy you have to apply in employer jursdiction

u mean i can do it only at NSC since LC was approved from there... is this correct

Appreciate your help

I got this news today my 140 which was approved in early 2001 was revoked because of 3 year degree. I don't understand, how can they revoke an approved 140. What happens to my 485, EAD, AP etc. will it be revoked too. My wife is in India, can she come back to US using AP. My lawyer is saying that the appeal process might take upto 2 years. I wonder whether it is worth the effort.

wow you are making me very nervous with this news. Yeah your attorney is right the appeal process will take a minimum of 1 and half years. But what intrigues me is why they revoked an approved I-140 based on 3 year degree?? :confused:

Get that document that says your I-140 is revoked, and see what justification they are saying in it for this action. It will help you to decide how to proceed with the appeal.

RUMOR/ Reality.....I DO NOT Think this is the way. Please post scanned copy of denial notice. Or Send a copy to UN …he is the right source to dig this issues.

This will help you to assist for MTR. best of luck

gc_mar_2004 said:
I got this news today my 140 which was approved in early 2001 was revoked because of 3 year degree. I don't understand, how can they revoke an approved 140. What happens to my 485, EAD, AP etc. will it be revoked too. My wife is in India, can she come back to US using AP. My lawyer is saying that the appeal process might take upto 2 years. I wonder whether it is worth the effort.