Tracker for appeals/MTR

My I140 denied and case has been transferred to AAO on 6/21/05 (combination of education issue). Any success from AAO lately?

expeditegc
My appeal went to AAO on 25th August of 2004 and the LUD was Sept 01 2004. After that there is very little information. My attorney (Mr.Khanna's Office) did status checks with AAO and the first response was "The Appeal is currently in process. Please be patient" then after two months when we checked the status again they asked for a G28 original (I believe this is the representation form). After that was given there is no news for the last one month now. I don't know what is going on in AAO. They all seemed to be sleeping in the last millennium.

lonelypoet,

Thanks for the update I called my attorney and discussed with him regarding my I140 denial. He said that only NSC has a major issue with the "education". They too are frustrated. They have filed the similar cases elsewhere and gotten the approvals. Since I'm going for PERM, will there be again same issue with "combination" in NSC and denials? He also added saying my I140 would be approved from AAO. :confused:

Perm

Hi expedite GC,

In PERM application, it's very clearly asked different fields like combination of education/experience/.... So in PERM it's well defined about educational background.

Thanks,

Expedit GC

Hi Expt... GC

My case Appeal and I got e-mail after 3 1/2 monts your is re-opened on
motion,
do u know any body knows how may days takes for approved or some thing else I little tense about this....

I am praying god every day for me and every one like same boat...
thanx

smkr999

kkt_tkk is right. If you are applying in perm then that application is clear about these combination degrees. It is better to have a backup plan if that is possible. No one can say for sure what AAO is going to do. For me today Mr.Khanna's office contacted me and said that they got a response from Appeals unit which says this.
The case is transferred to Washington AAO and till this day they haven't processed my application.
It's been nearly 10 months. People make babies in this time. :mad:
So don't rely on AAO.

what is the deffence in Appeals Unit and AAO. do you mean these are two different entities.

Your case is siting 10 months ....
do you have any idea about which date / latest eb3 case out from AAO?

lonelypoet said:
kkt_tkk is right. If you are applying in perm then that application is clear about these combination degrees. It is better to have a backup plan if that is possible. No one can say for sure what AAO is going to do. For me today Mr.Khanna's office contacted me and said that they got a response from Appeals unit which says this.
The case is transferred to Washington AAO and till this day they haven't processed my application.
It's been nearly 10 months. People make babies in this time. :mad:
So don't rely on AAO.

A001

Hi A001

Appeal Unit mean with in the center your case desides
AAO mean with in the DC, (Admin Appeal Office)

Hi Sp & all other friends

I received postal mail notice of I-485 from USCIS
Appealed & Open MTR

After review, we have reopened the application or pettion or reconsidered the decision previously issued. you will receive a notice under seprate cover once all action has been completed.

Do you know about like this message
any body knows, please give me details
thanx
smkr

smkr99,

When did you appeal? Do you mind sharing with us the reason for denial I140 or I485? How long did it take? Good Luck.

Expeditgc

Hi Expedit

Whaaaaaa hoooooo thanx a lot to GOD and all friends on this net........

I recieved good news june 27 th today and I got e-mail
My case I-140 is approved
I-485 no updates and waiting

I-140& I-485 denied
due to educational
Appeal in march 2005

My case I-290B Appeal March 2005
I got E-mail for I-140 & I-485 both r re-opened BCIS on june 21 st and this kind of case takes 90 to 485 days & for 485 case 365 to 540 days.

thanx
smkr

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi SMKR,
First of all CONGRATULATIONS. Could you please give us more details about your case? Why It got denied and how did you and your attorney overcame these issues and finally which center initially your application has been denied.
Thanks
KK

Analysis on AAU Cases

BCIS/ All,

You know, User BCIS started this thread to track appealed I-140 cases.

But, there is no Single messages regarding cases which got decisions from AAU
(Washing ton DC) except Service center MTRs /decisions.

I never seen any decissin from AAU.

BCIS/lonely poet: Could you make some analysis on cases which moved to AAU?

Thanks

smkr999,

CONGRATULATIONS... Prayers answered. Good luck on your I485.

I couldn't believe it. My heart beat stopped for a while. Too bad mine went to AAO. Hope mine also approved after 3 months. I have had emotional stress since my denial. Since then me and my wife go to Church every day this somehow relieved.

What was the reason for denial? Could you share with us?

Battle-1

A0001,

You are right. I did not get a chance to track cases on this thread. But, observing this community to see some interesting messages. But, So far no one posted regarding AAU decision on I-140 EB3 cases in this thread.

As per my observation no case is coming out from AAU now a day's. But early 2004 AAU worked on lot of caes /appeals.

In October 2004 AAU issued a last public copy on decision. That is the latest one.

AAU Decisions in 2004 on EB3 I-140 cases as follows:

Month: Number of cases processed.

Oct : 18
Sep : 38
Jun : 01
May : 08
Apr : 57
Mar : 198
Feb : 114
Jan : 193

• After October 2004 Administrative Unit NOT released any decisions to PUBLIC.
• No cases in June, July and August of 2004 also.
• Clearly AAU Down size in processing cases from 2004 May

• Mostly of these AAU decisions in 2004 related to Ability to pay issues.
• Most of Educational issues are raised in NSC after November 2002.
• June 2003 onwards NSC increased the denials on NOT agreeing demonstrations of US Baccalaureate degree equivalency.

• NSC NOT reconsidering - MTR’s and redirecting appeals to AAU.
• But VSC was mostly accepting demonstrations with MTR’s and opened most of the cases in Service center it self

Please kindly post the details, If any one come across the decisions from AAU. It will help full to I-140 victims to track their cases

Thanks
BCIS

A0001 said:
BCIS/ All,

You know, User BCIS started this thread to track appealed I-140 cases.

But, there is no Single messages regarding cases which got decisions from AAU
(Washing ton DC) except Service center MTRs /decisions.

I never seen any decissin from AAU.

BCIS/lonely poet: Could you make some analysis on cases which moved to AAU?

Thanks

BCIS,

do you mean Latest decision from AAU is in 2004 October. what happend after that. Is AAU SOP working on EB3 cases?

Any one have idea on this?

Thanks

bcis said:
A0001,

You are right. I did not get a chance to track cases on this thread. But, observing this community to see some interesting messages. But, So far no one posted regarding AAU decision on I-140 EB3 cases in this thread.

As per my observation no case is coming out from AAU now a day's. But early 2004 AAU worked on lot of caes /appeals.

In October 2004 AAU issued a last public copy on decision. That is the latest one.

AAU Decisions in 2004 on EB3 I-140 cases as follows:

Month: Number of cases processed.

Oct : 18
Sep : 38
Jun : 01
May : 08
Apr : 57
Mar : 198
Feb : 114
Jan : 193

• After October 2004 Administrative Unit NOT released any decisions to PUBLIC.
• No cases in June, July and August of 2004 also.
• Clearly AAU Down size in processing cases from 2004 May

• Mostly of these AAU decisions in 2004 related to Ability to pay issues.
• Most of Educational issues are raised in NSC after November 2002.
• June 2003 onwards NSC increased the denials on NOT agreeing demonstrations of US Baccalaureate degree equivalency.

• NSC NOT reconsidering - MTR’s and redirecting appeals to AAU.
• But VSC was mostly accepting demonstrations with MTR’s and opened most of the cases in Service center it self

Please kindly post the details, If any one come across the decisions from AAU. It will help full to I-140 victims to track their cases

Thanks
BCIS

Appeals Processing time in AAO as of June 14, 2005

AAU Processing EB3 cases which are transfered 15 months ago ( It may be March 2004 that means wait time arround 15 Months)

What date is used as reference for 15 month time frame. Is it the I290B RD of appeal or the date of case forwarded to AAO Washington DC?

LUD Changed

Here are the details,
I140 Filed EB2 in Feb 2004,
Ref for Job Requirement and education Back Ground April 2004,
Denied on the basis that Labor does not require MS degree, May 2004,
Filed for Appeal in EB3 cat. in June 15, 2004,
Case Sent to AAO (I140 and I290) June 28 2004,
Today I got this message on I290B
Application Type: I290B, NOTICE OF APPEAL TO THE COMMISSIONER

Current Status:

On July 6, 2005, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

And On I140
Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On July 6, 2005, we received this case back from the Administrative Appeals Office. If any further action is appropriate, we will notify you when it is taken.

Any Idea what might be next?
Also I am getting an Offer in California with a solid raise. Almost Double what I am getting in South Dakota.. They will transfer my H1 and will file for Green card too. Should I take the chance/offer and reprocess the whole thing from California.
I will highly appreciate if any one can give Any Recommendation, or suggestion.

refiling I140

I am planning to refile my 140 as my original 140 has been transfered to AAO. Does anybody has any experience in doing that?
I want to know whether I should refile my I485 or ask them to reopen the existing 485. My lawyer says that INS won't reopen the 485 through the new 140. Let me know if anybody as any experience on that.

Thanks.