Tracker:Any Dec01 and beyond got plastic

BTW
Just curious. How far is St Cloud from st. paul?

stamping from Cincinnati OH
AD Nov 15
Plastic: waiting....................

I think we probably should avoid discussing non immigration related issues here as many probably look at this thread hoping to find something useful. Having said that, it's about 75 miles. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
NON-IMMIGRATION ISSUE :D :D
AD Nov 15

My attorney called me back regarding to keep working at the same place for 6 month even after GC approval. She said it is a very vagurouse line. Nobody at BCIS is actually monitoring if you are working for the same company/position after your case is approved. But it could be a red light at the time of applying for citizenship. However, the expectation is that you don't initiate the temination of your employment. If it is company restructure, downsizing ect which is out of your control, they will certainly take it into consideration. There might be a delay at the time for the application as they might send RFE for the situation. The bottom line is: longer you can stay at the job, the better. I might can stay with my job for a little longer, or maybe even get a promotion if I am willing to relocate, cross my fingures! By the way, no plastic card yet. It's been a few weeks?!

wandergirlus, thanks for sharing the information. I have some confusion about what happens if one is laid off by the company soon after the green card is approved (<6 months). Is it your lawyer's understanding that if the company lays you off (as long as you don't initiate the termination process), you should be ok? There may be RFEs during the citizen application process, but that shouldn't cause them to deny your application?

Thanks in advance for sharing your throughts.

hbt2002, I asked the same question to my corp attorney. She said it should not effect your GC at all, but they might raise the question about it while processing your citizenship if they see you left the company soon after the I485 approval. However, because it is a company restructure, not your intention to leave the job, they most likely will process the file without further problem. Again, she said it is a gray area, which means it depends on the specific officer a lot, so if you can, stay as long as possible with the job if you could.

Hi Wandergirl,
I guess u had posted in ur earlier postings that ur online message changed from "Approved" to "Card Ordered" Is it true?
If yes, have u got ur Welcome Letter?

I got layed off from my company, Lawyer says that it will not affect Citizenship since your company was not able to afford you:) :)
Maybe by after 5 years there may be some flexible laws who knows 'cos 5 years back we had didn't have AC21 option, we could not change company after filing 485 etc.

AD Nov 15

AD: 1/15
Card Ordered: 1/21
Card Approved and mailed out:1/23
Received on 1/27

Also received at least 4 welcome letters. I suppose there is a glitch in their software system. But overall, I am impressed with how fast they turn things around.

Cheers !

Congrats

patient dude,

Congrats :) :)
Really this is the first posting in this thread for anybody getting the actual Green Card.

Can you please tell the follow:
What is your city and state?
Did your online status change from "Approved" to "Card Ordered" ???

Tx
Dhairya

Stamping from Cleveland, OH
RD Feb 02
AD Nov 24 03
Waiting for Plastic card

The online case is I181 for creation of green card (you will receive a welcome letter as receipt). So when you see it, it means the card is ordered. When it changed to approved, it means the card has been mailed out. Pretty much like EAD. This is not I485 message. From my reading of another thread in Vermont center, once this type of case is filed, it is usually fairly quick to get the card. It certainly is in my case(they say takes about 30 days but actually only 3 days). Then again, since my interview was done many months before the actual approval, my I89 finger print was done much earlier as well. So if you get stamped and I89 at the same time, it may take a while for your local office to send that to the center, causing a little extra wait.

Passport stamped

Got the passport stamped today at the bloomington, MN office. It was pretty eventless. Got there around 1:15 and got out around 2:45. The IIO was nice, said it would take one and half year to get the plastic card (i think it takes around 6 months to a year).

hbt
AD: 01/21/04

Originally posted by bobbys
Hi Wandergirl,
I guess u had posted in ur earlier postings that ur online message changed from "Approved" to "Card Ordered" Is it true?
If yes, have u got ur Welcome Letter?

I got layed off from my company, Lawyer says that it will not affect Citizenship since your company was not able to afford you:) :)
Maybe by after 5 years there may be some flexible laws who knows 'cos 5 years back we had didn't have AC21 option, we could not change company after filing 485 etc.

AD Nov 15

Hi Bobbys, no, my online message was not changed. I said I remembered that I saw some other cases' messages state as something like ... you card has been ordered ... while I run greenland script a while back. When I got my pp stamped, the IIO told me I will receive the card in a few weeks. This "a few weeks" is 4 weeks now and I haven's seen anything yet. However, my buddy got his within a week and a half after he stamped his pp, although his case is not EB (he married a american citizen).
Well good luck with your job hunting. I don't know when I will be out of work force yet. Kinda looking forward to it now, I know it sounds wired.

No Plastic Card update in Rupnet

I was looking the 'plastic card received' column in Rupnet for RD's Jan 2002. There are approvals starting from Sept'2003 and no dates on plastic cards received.

My question is whether the people whose cases approved are not visiting Rupnet or really no one got plastic card from Jan'2002 RD's?

Your views are appreciated.

---------------------------------
RD Jan, 2002
AD Dec 8, 2003
Stamped Dec 18, 2003

No Plastic Card update in Rupnet

keeping this thread alive. If anyone received welcome letter or plastic card, please post.

WandergirlUS
Can you run your Greencard report & lets analyse how many days it take for plastic card approval
Sorry for late reply really worried due to unemployment, no job though people say economy is improving :( :(
Just maintaining two houses very difficult. If I can come to know how many days it take I can start counting :confused: :confused:

GCWIN
Can u tell city & state from where u did PP stamping?
Guess u r right - after getting GC people forget Rupnet?
:mad: :mad:

AD Nov 15

Approved guys please keep this thread alive

Folks

Its almost 3 months to be over & no sign of PLASTIC CARDA

Hoho, or anyone if u get ur Plastic Card Please post

WandergirlUS, or anyone
Can u please run Greenland report; I just was curious if anybody (from Employment cases) is getting actual plastic or not
:confused: :confused:

BTW I see folks take active part in discussions but once they have their GC approved nobody post anything in this forum.

Folks please keep this thread moving

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

Stamped from Cleveland, OH
Plastic : Waiting..........................

I have not yet got mine either.

Stamped on Oct 24 from Columbus Office. Still waiting for Plastic Card. Moved to our new house 3 week ago and have submitted AR11 also.

I don't have access to the computer that I load the program on until this weekend. I will definitly run the report and let you know if I can see any trend or not. Don't be frustrated. I was told that my plastic card will arrived in a few weeks while I did my stamping. It's been over two month now. I think it got stuck somewhere. But I know it will eventually shows up. We have the stamp on the passport, who cares! (I know I need to start to worry about it if it is approaching to the expiration date of my stamping, but that's not until next year). Hey, be patient ;-)

i dont know whether this will be interesting for other members contributing in this thread or not , one of my friends in eb1 from tsc, got his pp stamped 1o days ago and he received his cards on y'day by mail. here iam with nsc waiting for the cards from nov 03. columbus,oh /nsc suck bigtime for employment based greencard processing. every step is darn slow...... : getting tired of this waiting business.