Originally posted by dhairya
Dravisha
Can u please give Details as provided by Plastic in his/her?? tracker:
Plastic can be either his or her :D :D

RD Dec 01 2001
ND Dec 07 2001
AD Nov 24 2003

Stamped from Cleveland, OH
Plastic : Waiting..........................

Can't I maintain two addresses in US?

Guys/Gals,

I am waiting for plastic card, I moved to new house but still am holding my old apartment for 1-2 months since I might expect to get my GC by then.
Now problem is I don't don't know why Postal office stopped sending letters to my old address && also left a note in my mail box saying that no mail will be delived as u have moved from this place. I don't understand what to do.
BY LAW cannot I maintain two addresses in a city?

Tx

stamping from Cincinnati OH
AD Nov 15
Plastic: waiting....................

Did you fill the form of forwarding your mails to your new address? Are you still paying rent at your old apartment, therefore, you are considered occupying the apartment? People can have more than one mailing address.

Wandergirlus
I never filled any form of FW address. ALso I am still paying rent of old apartment, and 've asked my friend to check my mails regularly, he told me about this notice from postal carrier in my mailbox. I am wondering if I can request them to restart sending mails at my old address as I am still paying electric/gas bills etc.:confused: :confused:

AD Nov 15

Bobbys, if you are still paying rent and utility bills at your old address and didn't fill out the forwarding mail request, there is no reason that they don't deliever your mail for you to your old address. I have two addresses right now, though I filled out the request of forwarding my mail to where I currently live, every once a while, I still get mails at my old address. I believe that you can go to your post office and inform them that you are still receiving mails at the old address (you are technically occupying that appartment as your second home like lots of people do here). I don't see why they would refuse to deliver your mail. Let me know what they have to say.

Wandergirlus did ur online status change

wandergirlus,
tuhada thanwaad-----Thanks to u

I called the postal people & informed them that I am still paying the rent & so owner of the house. Pls continue sending mail to old address

wandergirlus,
BTW have ur Online status changed after PP stamping?
Mine is still the same" Your case was approved on......BLA BLA"

AD Nov 15

Linli
ni how :)

State matters a lot, people who get their passport stamped from NE, UT, CO, KS, MO, MT, WY, Iowa, ND, SD, KS get within a month
IL, MI, Wi, IA are slower
Worst is OH and KY

I don't know why.

Long way to go:mad: :mad:
AD Nov 15

Re: Wandergirlus did ur online status change

Originally posted by bobbys
wandergirlus,
tuhada thanwaad-----Thanks to u

I called the postal people & informed them that I am still paying the rent & so owner of the house. Pls continue sending mail to old address

wandergirlus,
BTW have ur Online status changed after PP stamping?
Mine is still the same" Your case was approved on......BLA BLA"

AD Nov 15

What does "tuhada thanwaad" mean::) I hope your mail situation got resolved.
No, my on line status did not change after my stamping. I do remember when I run the green land script before, I saw message like "... card has been ordered ... ". I am not sure though.

WandergirlUS,

Its cool that ur status have changed to card ordered I guess ur plastic is not more than week wait, since u r from CO u'll get ur card within one month of stamping
Keep us posted

My mail problem is solved but since I am from a very slow state, I don't think I'll get my plastic before March I don't think I can manage maintaining two rents for while

tuhada thanwaad means----->Thanks to u (Punjabi/Indian stuff) :) :)

AD Nov 15

Bobbys,

Have you stamped your passport yet? (sorry, I have been lazy here, I might can find it in your privious posting). If not, you can give them your new address at the point of stamping (I did it). If you've already stamped, I believe you can call the 800 number and have them change it in the system for you. One more thing, have you used a attorney? Where was the approval notice (the official one not the courtercey one) sent? That's the address they will use to send your plastic card unless you tell them differently at stamping.

WandergirlUS,

Tuhada Dhanwad for ur advice

Got my PP stamped in November, at that time I had no intention to move. My lawyer is in Philli, PA, he got the original notice, but I went with my courtesy copy for stamping.
If my lawyer gets my plastic card that would be very nice, but the Imm Officials at the time of stamping told that Plastic card would come to my address and might take upto one year. Now my attorney advices me to keep my old apartment till I get plastic. He says that he doesn't know anything else than that, I guess now he doesn't want to co-operate.
I'll wait till Feb, then I'll vacate old apartment 'cos I am w/o job. No luck so far :eek:

PS Keep informed of ur Plastic Card Arrival

AD Nov 15
Plastic: waiting....................:

I probably will loose my job pretty soon too. Gosh I thought that would never happen to me. I wonder if there is any regulation regarding to people who is going to switch to a different job after I485 approval?

WandergirlUS,

I am also hunting for a job, no luck so far.............. :( :(

Folks say that u should be having ur job with the same company u r working till 6 months after ur GC is approved

Tx

Originally posted by dhairya
WandergirlUS,

I am also hunting for a job, no luck so far.............. :( :(

Folks say that u should be having ur job with the same company u r working till 6 months after ur GC is approved

Tx

dhairya, that concerns me. I have put a call to my corp attorney this morning to find out exactly about the situation. I will let you know. (it's always something, isn't it?)

Anyone from Minnesota?

Anyone has any idea how long it's taking now a days to receive plastic card if you are in MN?

hbt2002,
When did u get ur passport stamped?

One of my friend had his plastic from St Cloud in 5 months last year. :) :)

Will appreciate if u can provide ur details city/state, when u did ur stamping etc to keep this thread moving.

WandergirlUS,

I talked to my Lawyer, he says getting layed off doesn't effect ur GC. I asked him if it affects ur citizenship, he told me that why r u caring for the period after 5 years:confused: :confused:

Tx
AD Nov 15

bobbys,

I got approved on Jan. 21st, still haven't received the notice in the mail. Hoping to get it within this week.

I am in st. paul, MN. Will post once I get the stamping done.

hbt