Track EB2 cases Current in May 2006 Visa Bulletin.

Hey Janubande ,

Did you call and verify with USCIS regarding your case status ?

Regards,
TXLCRIR

BobbySingh said:
Couldn't hold on any longer after skapa said that TSC lady was really nice. I called the TSC and I asked her if my background check has been completed. She made me hold for couple of minutes and then she said that my case is in the pile of cases ready to be reviewed and waiting to be assigned to a review officer. It was sent to that pile on may 1st. She said that it will be picked as soon as the review officer is done with skapa's case. To add to my anxiety I can't access my email today.

B

BobbySingh,

Hope she is telling truth. I forgot to mention yesterday, she also kept me on hold for couple of times. While I was on the phone with her my blood pressure was high. I can imagine your situation.... I am not able to concentrate on work. I am checking my emails & status every min.

BobbySingh said:
Couldn't hold on any longer after skapa said that TSC lady was really nice. I called the TSC and I asked her if my background check has been completed. She made me hold for couple of minutes and then she said that my case is in the pile of cases ready to be reviewed and waiting to be assigned to a review officer. It was sent to that pile on may 1st. She said that it will be picked as soon as the review officer is done with skapa's case. To add to my anxiety I can't access my email today.

B

I have sent you private message, can you please check..

I just spoke to the rep at TSC, stuck in name check, strange thing is name check was ordered before finger printing was done, can it happen this way.

I don't think she really understood what I asked for, she just said case has not cleared. I then asked her when was it requested, she said Dec'04. That is when I filed my 485. She also mentioned, hopefully should clear next month. This could go either way.

Name Check - Stuck

Called up USCIS - was told that my FBI Security Clearance is not done, FBI Name check still pending....Called up bunch of times....got the same response....Looks like I fell into the black hole too! They said to call back and check in 6 weeks...

PD: Sep 02
I140/485 RD/ND: Sep 05
Awaiting I485 AD

I have no problem with the name check as long as it bears fruit, it should not be an endless loop for no reason. Such cases should be decided quickly. Let's wait and see another month, after which my lawyer was anyway going to start an inquiry on the status. Request for name check in Dec'04 is confusing me, unless she saw the IBIS name check query date.

Even I have called yesterday , that lady said that my name check is pending. I do not do know what needs to be done from myside.

Let us be unite to resolve this issue. Please post any findings or resolutions to name check process to be cleared.

I am frustated waiting for GC 4 long years. I felt like 485 process should go smooth after spending this many years waiting but NOT. most of the people are getting very easily with out this hassel.

I appreciaite for all your postings further on it.

Regards,

Any hopes next week

Hi TXLCRIR,

Looks like I am also stuck in the same boat as yours....Called TSC three times since yesterday....same reply everytime....FBI Name Check not cleared....

Feel helpless.....

Looks like - we need to embark on the long road with Congressman/Senator and followup on FBI Name Check status in the upcoming months....

At least one guy got an approval today Chichu...So, any hopes for beginnning next week?

I am keeping my fingers crossed , I have gone through couple users experiances in this forum, I am attaching the corresponding doc from one of the users experiances. please see this attachment share your comments.

42% Approval Rate (10 out of 24 got approvals)

Looks like 42% of the folks posted here got approvals....
10 out of 24 users got the approvals....
I have added the total may current/total approved/% at the bottom of the spreadsheet and added myself (485 pending) and chichu's 485 approval...

I was praying so much that I would miss the "FBI Name Check Pending" boat, it's so frustrating to see myself get stuck in it!

It sucks, to have no clue as to when the approval would come in next and U look at the trend, anywhere from 1 month to 2 years further for approval...BLACK HOLE.....

I have been a silent observer on this forum....it's so depressing for me now...
------------
PD: Sep 02
I140/485 (EB2/INDIA): Sep 05
I485 Pending Approval

Hi TXLCRIR,
That was a great document, but there is one problem, the person who did this, worked for a government entity which was I think the biggest plus point in his case. We are simple people with probabbly no big contacts, its hard to get such letters from our employers. Secondly, being in the position we are, would the director of FBI pay heed to our requests. There should be some finite point where such cases should be considered resolved. I am from Tennessee, I don't know if contacting Sen. Bill Frist would help !!!

Name Check Pending ????

I just now called once again TSC, another lady told me my Name Check is pending.. Now I am really confused now who is right???.

Last edited by a moderator:
Janubande

Sen Frist is more of a conservative with anti-immigrant bias, but I think you should try all avenues.

COngressman Ford has been known to have helped some people in this matter but it depends if he is the congressman of your area.

I still think that one should try the approach mentioned in the PDF document. In cant hurt, other than having to pay for a few Fedex

How?

skapa said:
I just now called once again TSC, another lady told me my Name Check is pending.. Now I am really confused now who is right???.

skapa, How could they tell you details that you have namecheck pending. Can you give detials how to contact.

In my case they told nothing. I have opened formal inquiry. Also, Contacted Congressman lost week but no update yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
485tracker said:
skapa, How could they tell you details that you have namecheck pending. Can you give detials how to contact.

In my case they told nothing. I have opened formal inquiry. Also, Contacted Congressman lost week but no update yet.

Use the following POJ Trick...

1) Call the 800 number on your reciept
2) Select 1 for English
3) Select 2
4) Select 6
5) Select 1
6) Punch in your SRC number
7) Select 1
8) Select 3 It'll ask you if your case has been separated.
9) Select 4 and wait for someone to talk to you.

Security Check pending...

skapa said:
Use the following POJ Trick...

1) Call the 800 number on your reciept
2) Select 1 for English
3) Select 2
4) Select 6
5) Select 1
6) Punch in your SRC number
7) Select 1
8) Select 3 It'll ask you if your case has been separated.
9) Select 4 and wait for someone to talk to you.

Thanks skapa, I could able to get through this time with the option above.

Lady told me that my series of Security Checks Pending... She is not in a position to tell me what kind of security checks pending.

Anyhow, Lets hope for the best.

Doesn't look like anyone from this thread got approved today.

I'm tired of cheking my LUD's already-nothing seems to have changed there. I'll call TSC tomororw. I am not sure it will be of any use, but what the heck!

Hi KJ,

From the looks of the USCIS recent post on FBI Name Check - definitely - it looks like USCIS is a bit pissed at the innumerable 485 status requests - Hence, they have published the article to offer better insight into 485 process...so that it will be more transparent....

From the USCIS Factsheet, I gather one thing ...
Shortest FBI Namecheck time - 1 month
Average FBI Namecheck time - 6 months
Largest FBI Namecheck time - ~3 years

I think the 10 guys who got the approvals, were lucky to fall in the first bucket....
Let's hope that we all clear up in the average processing time of 6 months...BUCKET