Track EB2 cases Current in May 2006 Visa Bulletin.

sanindia said:
Bobbysingh,
I should have asked this in my previous post, does this work for NSC also? What do we need to ask the operator when we get connected? The last 2 times I called the USCIS customer service, I was told that they would not tell me about my name check/background check status. Please advice
Sanindia
by NSC do you mean National Serv Ctr or Nebraska Srv Ctr. BTW the NATIONAL srv. ctr. wont tell you anything at all in this regard. I have tried Nat. Srv Ctr before. I can only tell you about TSC. the key is to get connected to the tsc rep using the steps mentioned earlier. Ask them you just wanted to check if your fbi name check has been completed. dont ask them what the result was just that you want to check if the name check is done. there is a good chance you will not find out anything since more and more people are calling b/c of fast moving priority dates. THe last time i called the lady in the tsc was pretty pissed. she almost hung up on me. my suggestion is to wait till end of first week of may.
B

Last edited by a moderator:
By NSC I meant Nebraska Service Center, which I call the Black hole of Information. I doubt I will get the answers to my question if I call NSC. I appreciate you sharing your information. Thanks
Sanindia

skapa said:
I have not seen any EB2 approvals in this week at TSC??

I was wondering about that myself. This lull in the postings is starting to give me the hee bee jeebies. I'm hoping that people are getting approved, just the uscis website is not updating the messages anymore to keep us from bugging them.
B

TSC lack of approvals

You guys are correct.
The CIS is doing one of two things:
  • approving the OOOOld cases, that way they will look good to the eyes of the politicians who are begging on having the cases approved in 6 months or less
  • letting time go by and giving us the hee bee jeebies as Bobby says

Our only hope is wait, and :mad: and :confused: and :(

andy garcia said:
You guys are correct.
The CIS is doing one of two things:
  • approving the OOOOld cases, that way they will look good to the eyes of the politicians who are begging on having the cases approved in 6 months or less
  • letting time go by and giving us the hee bee jeebies as Bobby says

Our only hope is wait, and :mad: and :confused: and :(

As we are approaching May, I expected lot of approvals at TSC which are due in April Visa bulletin. I am watching closely how fast the dates are moving to get to my priority date. If they have not completed the April -Current Eb2 cases, then what we might sit in "Backlog" . If it is the case, I am hoping in June Visa bulletin EB2 dates will only forward 1 to 3 months.

I was kind of worried now; Because of my Labor approval experience. TSC processed till end of Jan'2002, just before my Federal Receipts date and stopped approving cases. I know they started establishing BEC, Since I was stuck for another 2 years to get my labor approval. Mean time who applied labors just days before me got their approvals on 2003. All of them are having Green Cards.

this sucks!

Rats!! just when i find out i'm so close and then uncertainties start creeping up. Skapa and garcia have a point. Either USCIS is approving old cases and/or the retrogression is about to hit us again. Next week my pd is supposed to become current. I was using skapa as my reference to see USCIS progress since he and i have similar dates and cases. guess i should wait till june or later to see any progress in my case. i saw some 485 approvals and people receiving gc's from 00, 01 and those guys said that they didn't see any lud's so maybe cis is not updating lud's anymore but still approving cases at the same rate. i am still hoping that cis has stopped updating lud's and they straight up mailing out cards. this wait is horrible.
B

Guys,
I think you all got the message. I became current in Apr 2006. I setup an inqiory on Mar 26 on my case. So far I did not get any response even after 30 days as to whats pending on my case. The representatives are not helpfull now and get pissed off. Today I called again, and she was pissed off. She set another inquiry.
So finally I faxed my problem to my local congressman office. I am not hoping for them to get me some answers or approval.

I guess there is a reason

May be the 485 approval process has slowed down. Come to think of it TSC is working on cases filed in Aug & Sept of 05 (or roughly around that time). Remember that there was a surge in 140/485 filings specially during sept. to beat the cut off date. So it is logical that USCIS have slowed down a bit. Guess they are working on the cases but have slowed down due to the surge in filings. There's only one potential problem. I was reading murthy's chat on 4/10 and someone asked her if eb2 will retrogress in the near fuuture. She said that at the rate 485's are being approved it might be, add to that faster PERM approvals which i think might be eating up the visa numbers.
B

Update Status I485

Update of my Status

Priority Date: 6/05
Receipt Date: 11/05
Current in May: Yes (EB2 other)
FP: Code 3 12/05
Name check: Pending
Approved: N

Here is surprise approval from TSC for sqldba2005. His/her priority dates is Oct' 2002 with Receipt/Notice date August'2005. I am not sure why we have not seen approvals from our XL lists that are current in May, at least whose name check is completed. I am expecting to see approvals next for BobbuSingh, nishi22 & Kj because their name is check is completed.

are you going to call tsc

skapa said:
Here is surprise approval from TSC for sqldba2005. His/her priority dates is Oct' 2002 with Receipt/Notice date August'2005. I am not sure why we have not seen approvals from our XL lists that are current in May, at least whose name check is completed. I am expecting to see approvals next for BobbuSingh, nishi22 & Kj because their name is check is completed.

Skapa:
are you going to call tsc before long or will you wait a while. sqldba's pd is after yours.
B

BobbySingh said:
Skapa:
are you going to call tsc before long or will you wait a while. sqldba's pd is after yours.
B

You are next BobbySingh. Get ready for big party. At leat you know your name check status. I am tempting to calls TSC, but I don't want to know if my case is pending because of name check.

May 1 Approvals as of now

sqldba2005 - pd:Oct'2002/Rd:Aug'05 :D
thane - pd:dec'2002/Rd:Sept'05 :D
situn - pd:dec'2002/Rd:Oct'04 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Skapa for maintaing and summarizing this thread. Please keep it updated.. It's been 2 days into may. Hoping for something soon- no LUD yet though.

KJ said:
Thanks Skapa for maintaing and summarizing this thread. Please keep it updated.. It's been 2 days into may. Hoping for something soon- no LUD yet though.

You might have good chance approving your case today/tomorrow. I noticed your name check is already completed. Get ready for party.

My updated Info!

Below are my details:

EB-2/RIR/Texas (India)
PD:August 22, 2002
Concurrebt(I40/485) RD: Aug 29, 2005
I765, I131 AD: Sep 19, 2005
140 AD: Sep 22, 2005
First LUD: Aug 31, 2005
FP Code 3 Completed: Oct 25, 2005
No LUD changed after FP.

Called TSC last week one of the lady told, my background check is cleared on same day of FP. Again called yesterday and today they are saying my bakground check is pending. I do not know what's goin on? Whom should I trust.
BTW my PD become current starting of May 06.

Any thoughts/suggestions on my case.

--Regars