TR to RIR conversion tracker

I somehow feel DBEC is a bit quick acting on RIR conversions.

While my actual RIR packet with the recruitement results reached PBEC on Jan 24, the status still shows TR - In Process (after 23 days)

Anybody in a similar state with PBEC ?

Prevailing Wage > than Advertised before Jan 22 FAQ

Based on the First FAQ of BEC to convert we did the ad in November and December for the wages given in the ETA 750 (This always was higher than the prevailing wage that was obtained from state labor for H1B extensions) .

Now when the intent to convert was sent based onthe second FAQ -(Hold Harmless one), the response from BEC came with a much higher prevailing wage than what was used in the advt in Nov and Dec-06 for RIR conversion purposes.

Do we have to re-run the advts again with the higher wages? We only have less than a month and a half left? What do I do now?
Can anyone, suggest what are the best options available for me here.

TIA

No response to RIR-conversion request email yet

Is anybody else still waiting from the response to the RIR-conversion "hold harmless" email? My lawyer sent the email on Jan 12, and hasn't got a response yet. She called BEC, and was told that they are still working on prevailing wage determination. They advised against recruitment before PW is determined and response to the email is sent. Apparently they also hinted at a possible extension to the April 1 deadline to submit recruitment report.

I asked my lawyer to proceed with the recruitment based on our own determination of PW from OFLC site. I guess its more risky to wait further at this time.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Hi
I was so far thinking I was the only one waiting for this. I am not alone and you are not too. We have sent the email on Jan4th and almost everyone I know from our company have got the response. Attorney is very adament to send a reminder or talk to them..Hope we get the magic response soon,

Is anybody else still waiting from the response to the RIR-conversion "hold harmless" email? My lawyer sent the email on Jan 12, and hasn't got a response yet. She called BEC, and was told that they are still working on prevailing wage determination. They advised against recruitment before PW is determined and response to the email is sent. Apparently they also hinted at a possible extension to the April 1 deadline to submit recruitment report.

I asked my lawyer to proceed with the recruitment based on our own determination of PW from OFLC site. I guess its more risky to wait further at this time.

Same here, The email is sent in the first week of January and no response yet.
people dealing with my case are not even willing to check with BEC, they thinks it would harm the case. they are not willing to run adds with a wage that can be higher than what BEC might send us. they just wants to wait even until march.

Can some one please throw light on this part i.e is it mandatory to wait for the response? What is the intent of DOL here? is it making sure employers are offering right wage or it wants employers to wait until the response is recieved strictly even if the employer is offering a higher wage for a job.

BEC has clearly said we have to submit the packet by April 1st, Now it is taking so long to send us the response, would it take responsibilty to the daly on their part? i guess not, it would still hold the deadline against us.

thanks in advance for any ideas

Same here, The email is sent in the first week of January and no response yet.
people dealing with my case are not even willing to check with BEC, they thinks it would harm the case. they are not willing to run adds with a wage that can be higher than what BEC might send us. they just wants to wait even until march.

Can some one please throw light on this part i.e is it mandatory to wait for the response? What is the intent of DOL here? is it making sure employers are offering right wage or it wants employers to wait until the response is recieved strictly even if the employer is offering a higher wage for a job.

BEC has clearly said we have to submit the packet by April 1st, Now it is taking so long to send us the response, would it take responsibilty to the daly on their part? i guess not, it would still hold the deadline against us.

thanks in advance for any ideas

My lawyer was also insisting on waiting for the BEC response before starting recruitment. However, I insisted on them to start the recruitment without waiting for the response from DOL with the prevailing wage. The way I see it, if we recruit with a lower PW, the RIR may get denied and the application will be processes as non-RIR. On the other hand, if we don't meet the April 1 deadline, the case will be closed permanently with no chances of appeal. If you weigh the risks, its better to start the recruitment without the PW determination (you can determine PW independenly using the DOL website).

TR -> RIR deadline will extend?

I asked my laywer about April.1 deadline can be extend or not?

Here is their said:

U.S dept of laber has no plan to extend 04/01/07 deadline, they want to meet their 09/30/07 deadline to elimination the backlog.

If anyone heard anything this deadline will be extend, please let us know.
I was thinking it maybe we make mistake to go this TR->RIR conversion.
We only save a few month at most, but now we have risk to close the case if we can not submit RIR package by April.1.

PW Determination

The PW is something the company agrees to pay when you actually have the Green Card. Even if your salary is a few thousand dollars less it should'nt matter as long as the company agrees to pay the prevailing wage when you have your GC :)

Also you can go ahead and do a PW Determination and start the RIR process. You will have problem only if the labor dept sends you recruitment instructions before you send your RIR conversion packet.

Thanks.

My lawyer was also insisting on waiting for the BEC response before starting recruitment. However, I insisted on them to start the recruitment without waiting for the response from DOL with the prevailing wage. The way I see it, if we recruit with a lower PW, the RIR may get denied and the application will be processes as non-RIR. On the other hand, if we don't meet the April 1 deadline, the case will be closed permanently with no chances of appeal. If you weigh the risks, its better to start the recruitment without the PW determination (you can determine PW independenly using the DOL website).

MADANST,

If the package is complete and if you are submitting to the Dallas BEC, you should have no apprehensions in expecting a quick reply (within 2/3 weeks).

If it is Philadelphia BEC...all I can say is, all the best :)

You are right. When I was thinking to convert TR -> RIR and requested my lawyer to send the TR->RIR conversion email thats exactly what she told me. She pointed out that if you go ahead and send the email and if we can not send RIR conversion package by April 1st we take the risk of case being closed. But on the other hand if we don't send the RIR conversion email we can still parallely do advertisement and file RIR conversion. There is a chance that DOL might send Recruitment Instruction before we send the RIR package to them, however thats less risky then sending the RIR converison email and not being able to make the April 1st dead-line.

I asked my laywer about April.1 deadline can be extend or not?

Here is their said:

U.S dept of laber has no plan to extend 04/01/07 deadline, they want to meet their 09/30/07 deadline to elimination the backlog.

If anyone heard anything this deadline will be extend, please let us know.
I was thinking it maybe we make mistake to go this TR->RIR conversion.
We only save a few month at most, but now we have risk to close the case if we can not submit RIR package by April.1.

Priority Date Portabality Question

Hello Gurus..

Please help me. I am in the verge of losing my current job, unfortunately I did not receive my labor yet, I have been waiting since 2 months, I have sent the TR-RIR conversion package on Dec 19th PBEC. And also sent an email for "intent to convert" email as well on Jan10. My status shows as INPROCESS.. My question is, my company is willing to continue my labor cert even though I get liad off. But can they apply I140 for me, if I am no longer with the company. Or can we prepare the I-140 now and submit it upon labor approval, even though I am not working for the company uplon getting the labor approval.

Please help me guys.. I am in a dire situation here..

Thanks..

you are just fine

GC_Pain_03,

Of course, if your company is willing, it can apply for your I-140 even though you don't work for them. Since GC process if for a future job you are just fine. I would say you are quiet fortunate that your former company is willing to continue the process for you (for future employment)

whoa !!...2 months since you sent the RIR pkg to PBEC that kind of proves the point that PBEC is probably in siesta vis-a-vis DBEC for RIR conversions. Anyone with contradictory data ??

Just received the email response for the RIR conversion request after 45days. It was sent on Jan 04.

re:

HI, I just checked my on line status, my application got certified. My attorney submitted my rir conversion package on 02/01/2007. He insisted that DOL required to submit after feb. We began to do recruitment effort back to September last year. My on line status changed to rir after 4 days (maybe early because I did not check until afetr 2/5/2007). Today it got certified. My priority date is July/2002. EB2. Thanks for everyone in the forum and it keeps my hope. I hope every one get through this painful process soon.

Just received the email response for the RIR conversion request after 45days. It was sent on Jan 04.

Congratulations..

Hello Waiting 200X,

Congratulations !! By the way which center your labor got cleared. Is it PBEC or DBEC?.

Thanks..

HI, I just checked my on line status, my application got certified. My attorney submitted my rir conversion package on 02/01/2007. He insisted that DOL required to submit after feb. We began to do recruitment effort back to September last year. My on line status changed to rir after 4 days (maybe early because I did not check until afetr 2/5/2007). Today it got certified. My priority date is July/2002. EB2. Thanks for everyone in the forum and it keeps my hope. I hope every one get through this painful process soon.

Oh us unfrotunate ones :)...who have to face the wrath of PBEC ! By this rate I wonder if there is going to be any advantage converting to RIR at the inefficient PBEC. They might just do it near to their Sept 2007 deadline.

Hi,
I have an question. A colleauge of mine is getting appox. 55k salary right now but his pw from the DBEC is 72k and employer is insisting to raise the current wages to the pw and he other guys agreed to do so and the interesting part is the diff. between cw and pw is almost 20-25k for each employee. just guide how much the raise should be

Neeraj

Quick Question: My employer is receiving resume in response to newspaper/internal advertisement. Some of the candidates do not qualify based upon educational and/or experience criteria mentioned in the advertisements. Does my employer HAVE to interview these candidates in order to reject them or ?? Thanks in advance for your feedback.