Top things from ME

1. Get OIC
2. Go back to India and work for some years
3. Settle in India if like it
4. If not come back to US

Color your white hairs.
Get Hair transplant for final.
Stop checking mail obsessively.
Stop reading postings on this forum every hour.
Reduce your postings on this forum.
Peace of mind.:)
Relax, relax. No tension, No tension.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I am going to have a new worry after being a citizen (oath ceremony in 3 hrs!)... I have to go through a border patrol inspection every day (one of the joys of living near the MX border) and with the green card in hard it's easy just to flash it and move on. Now when he asks my citizenship and reply "American, sir" in my British accent I will be worried as I will have nothing to prove it.

Oh, and I keep getting jury summons, now I won't be able to say no :)

Seriously though, I am pysched about finally being done.

Actually I am going to have a new worry after being a citizen (oath ceremony in 3 hrs!)... I have to go through a border patrol inspection every day (one of the joys of living near the MX border) and with the green card in hard it's easy just to flash it and move on. Now when he asks my citizenship and reply "American, sir" in my British accent I will be worried as I will have nothing to prove it.

Oh, and I keep getting jury summons, now I won't be able to say no :)

Seriously though, I am pysched about finally being done.

I feel you on this because that is crazy everyday :eek:

Apply for a certificate of citizenship for all your kids who became citizens by operation of law under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000 the moment you took the oath :) Using form N-600 and $460.00 (current fees).

All those things everone else has listed (apart from bringing relatives to the USA, because I have none), then I'll start spelling in American instead of English .
You know - realize/realise, traveled/travelled, theater/theatre, center/centre etc. etc.
I've vowed not to do so until I have a citizenship certificate in hand.

I don't think I'll ever acquire the accent though. A bottle of water will always be a bottle of water, and not "a baddle of waddah". ;-)

Who is here from the "100% randomly selected" group?

:) These days in airports, it is faster to be selected than to stand in lines. TRUST ME lol..

All those things everone else has listed (apart from bringing relatives to the USA, because I have none), then I'll start spelling in American instead of English .
You know - realize/realise, traveled/travelled, theater/theatre, center/centre etc. etc.
I've vowed not to do so until I have a citizenship certificate in hand.

I don't think I'll ever acquire the accent though. A bottle of water will always be a bottle of water, and not "a baddle of waddah". ;-)

I recommand you to read some of that book "Slangman - Street Speak" and I think you will like it.

Who is here from the "100% randomly selected" group?

:) These days in airports, it is faster to be selected than to stand in lines. TRUST ME lol..

I never been a victim of random check here in the US, but most of the time I came back from overseas I was in random check crap. That is only because I am from MiddleEast not anything else. And believe me it won't be faster when you have a lot of thing with you since they will go through each one of them.

I have never been random checked. Does that have anything to do with elite status on your boarding card? Or is it just that young males with middle eastern name or looks? Nimche certainly has a point there. Nimche good luck with your name check. You will know early next year, if you are once again caught up in a "random" check one more time.
I never been a victim of random check here in the US, but most of the time I came back from overseas I was in random check crap. That is only because I am from MiddleEast not anything else. And believe me it won't be faster when you have a lot of thing with you since they will go through each one of them.

I have never been random checked. Does that have anything to do with elite status on your boarding card? Or is it just that young males with middle eastern name or looks? Nimche certainly has a point there. Nimche good luck with your name check. You will know early next year, if you are once again caught up in a "random" check one more time.

I think the elite status may have something to do with it. Besides, I'm a white male, and all other people who were being checked on the Continental flight I referenced a few posts back were white males. Maybe they automatically assume that all young white males flying out of Texas are bringing drugs with them?

Also, a couple of years ago, I was flying back to New York from Bahamas. From a sold out flight, only an elderly lady and her husband were selected for "random screening". Go figure!

I am happy they have not yet started giving Citizenship base on people's skin color.You are white?let me see mmm.... 2 months and you little middleesten guy in that corner? two years for you.
And then you get your reciept for your citizenship and it says:

Since your color doesn't match our criteria and expectation into our system your estimated waiting time is about 5 years for Interview and during that time you have to be like Michael Jackson and at that point you mighe be eligible to expedit your case. I should probably say 1 day.

Funny part is I went to Fp appointment. There is a paper that you have to fill out and it asks for your skin's color, I have to say other???? No sorry, it asks for your race? others.
Funny part, my eyes are brown and by mistake I marked the blue and then an asian guy a nice one(all of them are nice) said you eyes are blue???!!! and then he changed it.

Well Nimche, for all you know your name check might come right through. Not everyone gets stuck in name check. Over the years I have seen many people from middle eastern background get through name check without any problem.

I personally think it is riduculous to do racial profiling, because once the government does profiling the crooks use that information to beat the system.

Good luck with your name check. Do let us know when you get your ID.

I am happy they have not yet started giving Citizenship base on people's skin color.You are white?let me see mmm.... 2 months and you little middleesten guy in that corner? two years for you.
And then you get your reciept for your citizenship and it says:

Since your color doesn't match our criteria and expectation into our system your estimated waiting time is about 5 years for Interview and during that time you have to be like Michael Jackson and at that point you mighe be eligible to expedit your case. I should probably say 1 day.

Funny part is I went to Fp appointment. There is a paper that you have to fill out and it asks for your skin's color, I have to say other???? No sorry, it asks for your race? others.
Funny part, my eyes are brown and by mistake I marked the blue and then an asian guy a nice one(all of them are nice) said you eyes are blue???!!! and then he changed it.