TN visa travel overseas

lvx2011

Registered Users (C)
I am a Canadian holding 3 TN visas. I am planning to attend a meeting in Europe. What do I need to do in relate to TN visas when traveling ?
thanks

Nothing. make sure you have a copy of your I-94s separate from your Passport, in case the I-94 is taken by airline.

You will re-enter US with information from one of these I-94.

Nelsona, can I just take the I-94s off my passport so the airline wouldn't take them by mistake and then show the I-94s at custom when I come back ? Do I really need to show I-94s to custom officers when I come back ? If so, do I need to bring any documents to show I am currently employed ? I had an experience years ago at custom when I came back from overseas and being asked by a custom officer for a current employer letter.
thanks

Since you know you have the option of taking out the I-94s, why are you asking?

You obviously need to show an I-94 when you come back, otherwise you would need to get a new TN.

Your past experience was not the common one. Besides, it appears they let you in, so such a lterr was not really necessary. Bring a paystub or your security badge.

And a copy of your i-94 also protects you if you lose the real ones, and avoids any fight at check-in.

Always have a copy of your I-94 with you when you come back to the U.S.

I made the mistake of not having a copy of my I-94 when I came back to U.S. this year.

When I tried to re-enter the U.S., the officer was going to re-issue me a 1-yr TN visa instead of the 3-yr which was granted to me last year.

The reason is because I had no proof of me being issued a 3-yr TN visa.

I had to talk to the officers at the backroom to fight out my case.

Lesson learned here: Always have your I-94 (at least a copy of it) and your job offer letter with you when crossing the border.

Sorry to post off topic, but is there a problem with this website as I cannot post a New Thread. When I click on New Thread button, I get following error:

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: mrnasesimilarthreadcheck_header in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3893

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: mrnasesimilarthreadcheck_main in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3893

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /disk2/v/apache/htdocs/VIRTUAL/forums.immigration.com/public_html/includes/class_core.php(4029) : eval()'d code on line 15

Once again sorry for non related post, this is the only way I could ask this question.

This might be the same question as the original on this thread, but I'm still a bit concern about it.
I'm about to go on a cruise to the bahamas (you know the 3 night thing) and I was wondering will they take my I-94 on my departure?
I guess I should still have a copy of it, but different to flying to another country I'm just going on international waters.
What else should I bring with me?
Please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator: