TN visa Question

Rawfile

I am new to this forum. I need your expertise.

I have Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree with Major in Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) from outside of North America. I got my WES evaluation done and was given U.S. Equivalency of Bachelor's degree. I do have some computer courses as part of my syllabus.

I am a Canadian citizen. I got an offer for Systems Analyst role in the US (this would be my first time appearing for a TN visa) but due to my educational background, I am not sure if I am qualified under NAFTA although I have been working as Systems Analyst in Canada for a decade. I have work experience letters from past employers detailing job duties if that matters.

My role and responsibilities align with Computer Systems Analyst and I also have over 13 years of experience in that role. But I don't want to face a TN visa rejection due to my education. Please advice. Thank you!

Your experience doesn't count, so you will sink or swim on your degree evaluation. Did WES evaluate it as a particular bachelor's degree?

Your experience doesn't count, so you will sink or swim on your degree evaluation. Did WES evaluate it as a particular bachelor's degree?
No, they just mentioned Bachelor's degree. I reached out to them asking if they could classify it as a degree in Technology or Engineering. Their reply was - "Universities in the United States have a wide range of practices for naming degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. WES uses generic terminology (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree) to identify the level of the degree earned so that our evaluation reports will be understandable to all recipient institutions."

I am thinking if it makes sense to get evaluation done from other organization. But not sure if immigration officer would accept it.

Last edited:
It will be for you to do the explaining.
I understand. But if the officer goes by book and says that my education doesn't match my role, I am doubtful if I could get a chance to explain myself . I also want to know if anyone was successful in getting TN visa for CSA with ECE degree. Thanks for the response Nelsona!

Hi All

I have a question if someone please help?

I am Canadian citizen and want to work in USA so I need to go through WES process for TN visa.
Kindly let me know what kind of WES required e.g. employment, immigration or so on?

And also we need WES with US equivalent or Canadian equivalent is same if I go for WES evaluation Canada.

Thanks

I understand. But if the officer goes by book and says that my education doesn't match my role, I am doubtful if I could get a chance to explain myself . I also want to know if anyone was successful in getting TN visa for CSA with ECE degree. Thanks for the response Nelsona!
Hi , I am also in similar situation. Would like to know if you got TN visa ? Did you got the education evaluation done somewhere else ?

Appreciate in advance