TN to GC

gforce74

I have been a TN holder for 4 yrs with the same firm and applied for GC status. My lawyer obivously does not know the "dual intent" issue(Reading the previous posts). We are currently waiting for the Labor Cert. approval. Has this triggered an alert to UCIS. My TN is due in May? Can I renew another time?

Please advise

We are currently waiting for the Labor Cert. approval. Has this triggered an alert to UCIS. My TN is due in May? Can I renew another time?

No "alert" has been triggered. No, this is not going to prevent a renewal. You need not even disclose the LC application or approval on the I-129.

So is my GC process null & void or will it continue? And will it trigger an alert later i.e. at I-140 or I-145 stage . Must I get an H1-b to apply for a GC?

So is my GC process null & void or will it continue? And will it trigger an alert later i.e. at I-140 or I-145 stage . Must I get an H1-b to apply for a GC?

Your GC path is safe at this point. Get your LC and I-140 and then come back with questions before submitting I-485. The I-485 stage is very important while you are on your way from TN -->GC. If you search this forum, you will get all the information you need. Good luck!

To the veterans here, would it help if Gforce74 renew his TN by mail now and get the 3 year extension, would that help his GC process? Perhaps this way Gforce doesn't have to apply for H1B?