TN STATUS INTERVIEW QUES-

Yikes! Do they actually make you prove Canadian ties? I've spent the last several years living in the US (went to school here), so my only Canadian ties are a bank account and my friends/family :S
No they do not. TN is not a tourist status. You are allowed to live in US on TN, and can be in any other status before beginning TN.

Thanks! I thought that about F1 too but still got grilled a couple times at YYZ. Since I've already lived here over 5 years for school and OPT, I hope they don't think it's suspicious or something that I want to stay longer.

TO ALL

I started this thread but i think should DELETE it, not because of the comments.

NONE of the above ALLLLLLLL questions were asked to me today.

Officer: Which category you are applying? Ans-Sci Tec/Techno
Officer: What is your edu qualification? MS in Const. Management
Officer: Give me your paperwork. ANS-THis are originals and I have the complete set here photocopied with original TN letter.
Officer: K, give me original.
Officer: After 3 mins.--OK give me the other set and take this originals. Did you make your passport page copy and attach with application.
Officer: OK don worry I will make it. (he came back after copy my passport)
Officer: Sir put your 4 fingers and please give me $56.0
I: Put R Hand 4 fingers, gave $56.
Officer: stamped I-94 and gave my passport back. asked my driver license to put my home address. Thank you sir you can go now.

IN: 1:53pm
OUT: 2:11pm

NO QUESTIONS asked not even job title, company name, project, etc. After i got my passport, I saw him asking about TD for my family. He said go and get them now I will process there TD also, come with marriage cert. longform birth certs for kids. He was very very nice and the most easy CBP officer seen in my 18 years of immigration dealing in US/CAN.

none of the above QUE works ONLY strong application. keep the TN cover letter very very simple- BULLET points. He just read my TN cover letter.

TN VISA granted for three years
POE: LYNDEN-WA

It is mentioned here that the officer asked the driver's license to look at the address. I don't have a valid driver's license from Canada. Do I need to apply for one and wait for it to arrive before applying for TN status? Or is there any other document that I can provide? Or do I need to provide a document for my address at all?

carry something with your address onit. It was merely convenient for the officer, rather than have obe dictate their address.

Let me clarify:
I have US state driver license it was easy n fastest way for officer to enter my address in the system.
you can carry any sort of address proof, bank statement should be fine.

thanks.

it seems my thread has helped others also.

If a company submit a petition on behalf of employee for TN visa and i 797 is approved, please what does that mean?

ALL

I have tried to compile some SAMPLE QUES based on my previous interviews for L1B (3 times), and some from searching online / talking with people like us.
Keep adding in this thread any new QUES you think have/can/maybe asked by CBP. QUES are NOT in ORDER but random.
Thanks to ALL of YOU for suggestions / advice / discussion
  • Where do you work? -Company / Employer NAME
  • What is your status now in US?
  • Where do you live now? Where is your home?
  • What you will do at work, are you working at client site or company office? What is the address?
  • What are your Canadian ties?
  • Show me proof of Canadian ties?
  • Why are you trying to work in the USA?
  • Why did you stay so long in USA after finishing you H1/L1B/TN –2 months ( i.e. 60 grace period)? (my situation now)
  • Why your car has US license plate and you still have US license?
  • What is the purpose of your visit?
  • Why you cant find job in Canada?
  • Who wrote this (TN) letter?
  • Who is the company contact person?
  • This job title is not in NAFTA?
  • I think you are over qualified for this position?
  • Are you trying to stay in USA?
  • Your edu. Evaluation show equivalent to US engineering degree, why not to apply TN in Engineering category rather then S T/T? (for my TN tomorrow)
Are there any issues with getting a job offer by a consulting/staffing firm for services to be performed at client location under CSA category? Is it appropriate to list client location where you will be position and working OR should you rather list your direct hire staffing/recruiting agency contact? Please advise.

If the TN letter from the agency specifies a particular client, then it should say so. If the letter simply says that you will work for several clients at the need of the agency, then it need not be specific, Location is never needed to be specific.