TN Change of employer (Mexican)

When you do a change of employer at the POE you get a new I94 (small piece of paper with a the new company name at the back) but your visa does not change, they do not update it or stamp a new one, it stays with the previous employer's name. Hope it helps!
they didn't give the I94 because still is current i went to an employer and wasn't what they promised me, beside treated me very bad, so visa is for 4 years good and I94 is good also, they changed the name of the employer only in the system, the employer is asking a prove of that but they didn't give me anything. what should I do?

When you do a change of employer at the POE you get a new I94 (small piece of paper with a the new company name at the back) but your visa does not change, they do not update it or stamp a new one, it stays with the previous employer's name. Hope it helps!
Hello! Hopefully someone can help me out. In order to get the new I-94 for the new employer, is filing form I-129 necessary? Or can I go directly to the POE without it?

Hello! Hopefully someone can help me out. In order to get the new I-94 for the new employer, is filing form I-129 necessary? Or can I go directly to the POE without it?
I want comment that the employer refused to take me without any written prove that he is in the system... that is sad :(

I
I want comment that the employer refused to take me without any written prove that he is in the system... that is sad :(
I’m sorry the employer didn’t take your new I-94. So when you went to the POE, did they ask anything about the I-129 form?

I went into Ped West located at Virgina Ave in San Diego, is located next to the Outlets, I actually parked my car in the outlets and walked to the POE, I didn't have to leave the United States. At first the officer didn't know about the paperwork, but he asked other officers and his supervisor and they confirmed that he could do it. So he asked me for my papers and processed my new I-94.
Just one more question, I did change my I 94 at Laredo TX border and I am Canadian citizen.I did not keave USA as well.
when I check the travel history on I 94 there is no departure recrod but only arrival record.
Is that something normal when you make a u turn or flagpolling at POE.

Hola @pfmarin23 !! Is there a problem leaving the United States and re-entering with the TN visa having the original employer once you have changed employers on the i-94? Have you been through this process? I want to apply for a change of employer at the Tijuana POE in December, my TN visa expires in 2026 and my i-94 in 2024, so I don't want to go through the entire consulate process. But I have several trips to Mexico in 2023 and I am afraid that the entry to the United States will be complicated by having the visa with the original employer.

Hi Aircraft,
I'm mexican too working with a TN in California, I changed of employer on april when I received a better job offer. I applied for my TN visa in February with the company I came to work for in the beginning, when I received the Job Offer for the new company I didn't want it to do all the process of the TN Visa at the Consulate, so I went to the POE on San Diego one Friday and request a change of employer with the new employer letter and all my papers. They gave me a new I-94 and that's it the next week I started working where I am now. I just pay 6 dollars for the permit. So I have my TN Visa of my previous job but a new I-94. At the end your I-94 is your authorization for work and your TN Visa Stamp in your passport is the one that give you the authorization to enter to the United States. Probably they are going to issue your I-94 for the time left in your TN, thats what they do with mine, so in February I need to go to Mexico and get a new TN Visa, so probably you are still going to need back to Mexico unless they issue your I-94 for more time than your TN Expire date.
Hello @ivantmj !! Is there a problem leaving the United States and re-entering with the TN visa having the original employer once you have changed employers on the i-94? Have you been through this process? I want to apply for a change of employer at the Tijuana POE in December, my TN visa expires in 2026 and my i-94 in 2024, so I don't want to go through the entire consulate process. But I have several trips to Mexico in 2023 and I am afraid that the entry to the United States will be complicated by having the visa with the original employer.

Hi! I did. I went to San Isidro and payed 6 USD. Before crossing, from the US side I asked to speak with an officer and explained what I wanted to do. She listened to me and told me I had to cross back to Mexico (walking and doing a U turn) so I did. I went back, reached Mexico and I entered the yellow house (before getting in line in immigration) and asked for my change of employer. They did only grant me my I-94 until the original visa expired but well I managed to not fly back to any consulate or embassy in Mexico for the time being so I am happy with the results.

i did my research as well and looked in YouTube and gladly I found a guy that took video of the whole walking experience so look for them!
Good luck!
Hola @pfmarin23 quisiera saber a quien fue dirigida la Carta de la Oferta de Trabajo, fue al CBP de San Ysidro?, me encuentro en una situación similar, gracias!

Hola @pfmarin23 !! Is there a problem leaving the United States and re-entering with the TN visa having the original employer once you have changed employers on the i-94? Have you been through this process? I want to apply for a change of employer at the Tijuana POE in December, my TN visa expires in 2026 and my i-94 in 2024, so I don't want to go through the entire consulate process. But I have several trips to Mexico in 2023 and I am afraid that the entry to the United States will be complicated by having the visa with the original employer.
Hi! No issue. I've crossed the border (by plane) with the previous visa BUT with my I-94 current reflecting the change of employer.

You can change the stamped employer once you renew your visa.
Hi @pfmarin23, I would like to know who you addressed the offer letter, it was to the San Ysidro CBP?, I'm in a similar situation, Thanks!
Hi! The letter the lawyer gave me reas like this:
Attention: U.S. Department of Homeland Security U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Port of Entry

Hope it helps!

Hi! No issue. I've crossed the border (by plane) with the previous visa BUT with my I-94 current reflecting the change of employer.

You can change the stamped employer once you renew your visa.

Hi! The letter the lawyer gave me reas like this:
Attention: U.S. Department of Homeland Security U.S. Customs and Border Protection
Port of Entry

Hope it helps!
It helps a lot, Thanks!

Hola! @pfmarin23

Necesito hacer este proceso en esta semana y quería preguntarte cuanto demoraste en realizar el tramite de principio a fin. Planeaba volar a San Diego y cruzar caminando para volver el mismo dia. Crees que se logre? Estoy un poco nerviosa, es la primera vez que cambio nombre de empleador y no conseguí una cita en consulado pronto.

Hola! @pfmarin23

Necesito hacer este proceso en esta semana y quería preguntarte cuanto demoraste en realizar el tramite de principio a fin. Planeaba volar a San Diego y cruzar caminando para volver el mismo dia. Crees que se logre? Estoy un poco nerviosa, es la primera vez que cambio nombre de empleador y no conseguí una cita en consulado pronto.
Hola Sandra! Te escribo por mensaje.

Hola! @pfmarin23

Hola Sandra! Te escribo por mensaje.
This is an English speaking forum. Post in English only please.

Hi @pfmarin23 I’m going to change the employer at a POE as a Mexican, did you had any trouble with the officers there? Did you asked to talk with someone in special or you just asked for a change of employer on your i94?
This is my first time on this process and I’m kinda nervous

Hi, anyone done this as of 2023? Planning to attempt this the next month at San Diego POE
Hey! I went to San Ysidro POE, I did the pedestrian line and once I passed the first filter I asked for the i94 office, the officers there were very kind but they didn't know about this process and asked me who told me this process was possible? I answer them that I knew people who have done it, one of them told me that I had to reapply at a consulate but I said that my stamp was current, that I only needed to change the employer on my i94 record. they weren't sure that was possible but, as I said before, they were so patient with me and listened, the supervisor walks in (fortunately) and the officer asked her about my inquiry and she said it was possible (YAY!).

So my advice here is:
-explain the officer that you don't need a new stamp, that yours is current, you only need them to change/update your i94 so the record shows the new employer,
-take with you all your documents original and copy (education diploma, new employer letter, previous employer letter),
-I did a lot of research and found out this web page of the Code of Federal Regulations that helped me "make my case" with the officer so they would listen as they were completely sure it wasn't possible (section 214.6 i 2),
-and last but not least, ask kindly for the supervisor, in my case was a lady that haven't done that process before but she was certain it was possible so I guess they have a different training.

Be patient and polite, I was there for almost an hour plus two more in line, take your sunscreen with you haha.
It was worth the time because it save me the process and wait of going to a consulate.
Good Luck!

@bjchavez94 Would you please share the link to the webpage you're refering to? (maybe having it printed out would help out with the initial confusion?).
Thank you so much for your advice and for sharing your experience.