TN and Taxes

Junoon123

Registered Users (C)
Guys i need some help don't know where else to go so will post here.

I have been working in the US since 2008-Currently through all those years i have filed Taxes in the US. I just got a call from someone in CRA who told me that i should be filing taxes in Canada and not the US. He didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about but then he said since you are a canadian citizen you should file tax in Canada and not US.

After a while he said just send me your tax assessment from US for those years?

Am i doing anything wrong here? Should i send him the US tax assessment? Is their anything else i can do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

I answer these questions at forums.serbinski.com.
You are not taxable in canada if you legally live and work in US. Period. There is no citizenship-based taxation in Canada, it is residency-based, and you no longer reside there.
The problem might have to do with how you filed in Canada in 2008, so they may simply not know that you have left.
In any event Do not send anything anywhere unless you get a LETTER, not a phone call. Besides, if the guy knew what he was talking about, he would know that IRS doesn't send assessments. Sounds like a scam.

follow up with me at serbinski.

Nelson i wish it was a fraud, he was legit and seems like he had no idea what he was talking about.
I will post follow up questions on Serbinski
Thanks

CRA has no business calling you and asking you for information, regardless of where you are.

As I said at serbinski, It seems you have made the serious mistake of continuing to pretend to live in canada, but not reporting your income as if you lived in canada. Follow-up there. You have some serious back-pedalling to do,.