Timeline for Decision cant be made - Due to less than 5 years

dallas812

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,
I wanted to start a new thread and will request people to post their timelines who are in this situation.
This is for people who appeared for the interview and the decision cant be made because the 5 year rule was not met (The date of interview and Approval of the Green Card were less than 5 years apart).
I had my interview done on 9/15 and I completed 5 years on 10/1. I havent heard from USCIS yet.

I've seen people here that get the oath letter after the 5 year hit, or before but with the oath date after the 5th year of course. Hang in there, you will be ok. =)

Hello All,
I wanted to start a new thread and will request people to post their timelines who are in this situation.
This is for people who appeared for the interview and the decision cant be made because the 5 year rule was not met (The date of interview and Approval of the Green Card were less than 5 years apart).
I had my interview done on 9/15 and I completed 5 years on 10/1. I havent heard from USCIS yet.

I am in the same boat.

I had my interview on 9/25 and completed 5 Years on 9/30 2009. Still I haven't heard anything from USCIS if my application was approved/recommended for approval.

Hope we will receive something from USCIS soon.

The issue is: to walk-in or not walk-in in FP

I feel sorry for those people who have to go through this experience which is certainly in no way a desirable one, especially following a euphoria of seeing the speedy processing of the N400 application (only to be abrupty halted by a nasty "decision cannot be made.)

However, I really don't feel sorry for particularly those who did a walk-in in their FP appointment. They did nothing but try to get ahead of others hoping to speed up their application...

I myself have been before tempted by the walk-in mania but now have come back to my senses and realized that it is better to let things take their natural course and thus avoid forcing the issue which may backfire in the end...

I have my interview two weeks before my 5 years..even though I went for scheduled date of FP.. I will see now what I have to go through after my interview...but I will keep an eye on this topic.. so please post your timeframe and I will do when I go through this thanks..

I feel sorry for those people who have to go through this experience which is certainly in no way a desirable one, especially following a euphoria of seeing the speedy processing of the N400 application (only to be abrupty halted by a nasty "decision cannot be made.)

However, I really don't feel sorry for particularly those who did a walk-in in their FP appointment. They did nothing but try to get ahead of others hoping to speed up their application...

I myself have been before tempted by the walk-in mania but now have come back to my senses and realized that it is better to let things take their natural course and thus avoid forcing the issue which may backfire in the end...

Hey Free, I had my finger printing at Tukwila, Seattle today

Same here :-(
I had my interview on Oct 5th and just a day short of 5 yrs of Greencard anniversary(6th oct). And I was told that i would hear from them in a day or two about the decision. I'm worried and hope to hear from them soon.

My appt was at 2.10 PM. I went to the office by 1.00 PM and they didn't call me in until 3.05 PM.
Interview itself took less than 10 mins and much easier than I anticipated.
I was bit concerned about having an interview a day early to my 5th yr.

First the IO went through my N-400 application and made sure everything was correct and asked me if there are any changes. I told him about my recent india trip which i took after FP and he updated the application.
Asked if my kids are born here and asked about my husband's interview date.

Civics test was easy -
Ohio Governor?
who was our First president?
Who would be the president if the president can no longer serve?

English exam -
Asked me to read a sentence and write a sentence.

IO made me sign the application and sign on my pictures.

But .. He said he will review the application and make a decision in a day or two and mail me. I wanted to ask the reason but didn't i repent for it :-(

Same here. No regrets of applying 90 days upfront; which very soon people will start accusing you of :p (as N400s are being processed quickly). Or doing an early walk-in. Which is more of a convenience then trying to hustle up the case.

I am not rushed and can wait for my oath letter and date. ;)

Glad everything has gone smoothly so far!

TIMELINE
5 Year Based N-400
GC Date: Oct 27, 2004
FO: Columbus, OH
07/31/2009 (Day 1): N-400 Mailed to Phoenix, AZ (Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation)
08/03/2009 (Day 4): N-400 Delivered @ Phoenix, AZ
08/06/2009 (Day 7): Check Cleared
08/08/2009 (Day 9): NOA Received (Receipt Date/Notice Date/Priority Date: 08/03/2009)
08/17/2009 (Day 18): FP Notice Received
08/19/2009 (Day 20): FP Done (Walk-in, Original Appointment: 08/25/2009)
09/01/2009 (Day 33): Status changes to "This case has been sent for a standard interview."
09/02/2009 (Day 34): Interview Letter Received
10/09/2009 (Day 72): Interview Done & Passed
xx/xx/xxxx (Day 00): Oath Letter
xx/xx/xxxx (Day 00): Oath Date

Last edited by a moderator:
please read my post under Wash,DC -- decision cannot be made on my case due to < 5yrs -- the IO officer told he will call me on Wednesday morning for Oath -- he gave his # also --i will wait for his call --

Triple Citizen,
Have you ever considered the profession - "Fortune Teller"? :) You could be a darn good one...
I received my OL yesterday, oath is scheduled for 10/22. I will post my experiences after I am done.
Good luck everyone!

Triple Citizen,
Have you ever considered the profession - "Fortune Teller"? :) You could be a darn good one...
I received my OL yesterday, oath is scheduled for 10/22. I will post my experiences after I am done.
Good luck everyone!

hey -- congrats !!!!!!!!!

Triple Citizen,
Good luck everyone!

Congratulations!!! Dallas812.

I am still waiting for mine from almost 3 weeks.

My interview was on Oct 5th and completed 5 yrs on Oct 6th. Still didn't hear any thing from USCIS. Its been almost 3 weeks now and I can't resist not thinking about it.
Any one in the same boat??

Thanks