time interval to apply for citizenship

hurricanemd

Registered Users (C)
Sorry have not been active in the forum, two questions
1. when to apply for the citizenship , 4 years and 1 day after the date on green card
2. have to take 2 months of vacation into account before applying , which would be 4 years and 2months
thanks for feedback

A1: That depends. Have you had your green card for more than 5 years and had a break in your continuous residence and then re-established residence using a re-entry permit?
A2: Assuming your are meeting the physical presense requirements for a standard 5 year applicant, you do not have to account for your 2 months of vacation.

Sorry have not been active in the forum, two questions
1. when to apply for the citizenship , 4 years and 1 day after the date on green card
2. have to take 2 months of vacation into account before applying , which would be 4 years and 2months
thanks for feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
applying for citizenship ship

A1: That depends. Have you had your green card for more than 5 years and had a break in your continuous residence and the nre-established residence usinh a re-entry permit?
A2: Assuming your are meeting the physical presense requirements for a standard 5 year applicant, you do not have to account for your 2 months of vacation.

thanks for the quick reply , i have had my green card for 4 years now, just went once to India for 2months vacation and returned using the green card ( i dont think i used re- entry permit) , when i got green card , at that time I remember that you have to wait for 4 years and 9 months before applying , recently heard on radio show that can apply after 4 years and 1 day after getting green card.which is true
Also whenever I apply , should I also add the 2months period to that and then apply fro citizenship

You aren't eligible for the 4 year 1 day option. You can apply 5 years minue 90 days after your "resident since" date on your GC. The 2 month vacation will not require you to wait longer.