time between N-400 final approval and oath

xxhwx

Registered Users (C)
Forgive me for my lack of patience.

Do you guys know how long do I have to wait for the oath letter/oath ceremony after my application was approved (one step beyond "recommended for approval," I guess, I was told by the officer sitting behind the glass window at the field office after she retrieved my file from her computer that my case was approved @ 11/18)?

On the USCIS website, it said "You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval." So should I expect the oath letter to show up within 45 days after 11/18?

my friend who had the interview on the same day as me (11/2) was "recommended for approval" after the interview and he is still waiting for his oath letter in the mail.

My online case status still sits at "Testing and Interview"

Thanks a lot.

My online case status still sits at "Testing and Interview"

Your case status won't progress any further. When I got my oath letter, I checked my case status and found it was still at "testing and interview." I was surprised by this but after searching this forum I found this is the case for everyone. The status gets to "testing and interview" and stops there.

This is the only bit I can comment on. My case played out differently than yours so I don't have an insight on the delays you are experiencing.

Do you guys know how long do I have to wait for the oath letter/oath ceremony after my application was approved (one step beyond "recommended for approval,".

USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to adjudicate your case so be ready to wait for oath.

but the officer who interviewed my friend told him after the interview that the oath letter should be arrived in about 2 weeks...now it has been 1 month now and nothing...

just an update, got oath letter in the mail today, will be US citizen on 1/6/2011
praise the ONE above.