Time after H1B termintation

Fullspan

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone please tell me how long do I have ......to find another job or a school for F-1 after the H1B is terminated by the employer?

2nd question is

How old the pay stubs should be in order to get the H1B transfer or to F-1?

thanks

In both cases leaving the US and getting a new stamp is the safer approach since the transfer/COS might get denied. You are out of status immediately in case of H1B termination. Sometimes they do forgive a few days, but they don't have to.

My employer is willing to issue me pay checks. All they want is to terminate the H1B as soon as COS is applied.
Should it be good enough?
thanks

So your employer is willing to engage in immigration fraud with you by pretending you are getting paid even though you are not and you want to know whether USCIS is likely to find out about this? Is that what you are asking?

No.. he is paying me and getting rid of me.
Now... Look nscagony. You are go going too far judging me. I ask simple questions and you keep replying with only thing. fraud, fraud...
You are stupid... your answers are stupid and you judge people with your stupid mind.

I will do everything according to the book and there will be nothing that you can do about it.

Everybody know.. once COS F-1 is in the process, You F**king can't leave the country.

PAY ATTENTION TO QUESTIONS than judging the people.

There is no such thing as "how long". Best thing to do is finding jobs as soon as you can.

Fullspan

Chill,

nscagoney is only asking a question, not judging. I think you are overreacting. If you look at his/her response, they are confusing pay stubs with actual money be exchanged. Generally he/she offers great advice. Why don't you retract your last posting as it was probably made in the heat of the moment. The fact that your employer is willing to pay you money is proof enough that you answered the question and nothing is fraudulent.

Sometimes these postings are read and taken out of context.

Think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if you get what I mean.
Approval of transfer or COS is up to USCIS officer if you don't have job upon the filing of transfer or COS. They might look into how long you were out of job and decide whether to approve or not. There is no clear guideline how many days of jobless is acceptable to them therefore shorter gap is "better" than longer gap.

"My employer is willing to issue me pay checks."

If you mean that they give you a check and you give it back (what this sounded like to me), thats illegal.

If you mean they keep paying you, your H1B is not terminated, you are in status, and you can apply for COS. Also, make sure your F1 status can start immediately. You can't ask for COS to F-1 for Fall, for example. That would be denied because you can't start in F-1 status more than 30 days before the program starts.

"Everybody know.. once COS F-1 is in the process, You F**king can't leave the country. " This is America. You can leave any time you want. There is no problem with leaving while COS is pending. I did that twice. The COS is of course abandoned and you have to get a new visa stamp to come back, but thats not a big deal.