Those who missed PR card Pick up date

I talked to CIC 2-3 months back from Canada and they told that after second letter they would send Final letter.
“Murcury6” also confirmed that. “murcury6” is still in Mississauga and he can only provide you any recent up date from CIC, as he can talk to CIC from Canada, try to send message to murcury6 create separate thread so he can read it, Vault can also help he stays in Canada for 2-3 days a week.

Originally posted by ginnu
I talked to CIC 2-3 months back from Canada and they told that after second letter they would send Final letter.
“Murcury6” also confirmed that. “murcury6” is still in Mississauga and he can only provide you any recent up date from CIC, as he can talk to CIC from Canada, try to send message to murcury6 create separate thread so he can read it, Vault can also help he stays in Canada for 2-3 days a week.

I live in Canada, and travel to Buffalo 2-3 days a week to work out of the office. My letter to pickup the PR card was sent by regular mail, and so was my b-in-laws parents. They applied for their PR cards during Christmas, and received the letters in March.

Well, looks like things has changed since then. One of my relatives called a few days ago. He didn't receive his 2nd letter for long time (first was received in Feb, still waiting for the 2nd). They said that he will receive the 2nd letter before August (6 months of first letter) and if he won't pick it up, it will be destroyed.

In my case, the first letter was received in March and the 2nd letter was received at the end of June with an appointment on July 10th, so I am guessing that they will not destroy the card since its not 6 months since I received the 1st letter.

On a side note, I called the visa revalidation office and heard that they approved our visas (haven't received the passports yet) so it looks like that they started revalidating visas for SR countries.

I already booked tickets for next week so we could pick up my wife's PR card on July 28th. I am thinking of presenting my letter as well and requesting my card at the same time. Do you guys think it will work?

Vault / mercury6, can any one of you please call and find out?

Thanks in advance!
logicators

Originally posted by logicators
Well, looks like things has changed since then. One of my relatives called a few days ago. He didn't receive his 2nd letter for long time (first was received in Feb, still waiting for the 2nd). They said that he will receive the 2nd letter before August (6 months of first letter) and if he won't pick it up, it will be destroyed.

In my case, the first letter was received in March and the 2nd letter was received at the end of June with an appointment on July 10th, so I am guessing that they will not destroy the card since its not 6 months since I received the 1st letter.

On a side note, I called the visa revalidation office and heard that they approved our visas (haven't received the passports yet) so it looks like that they started revalidating visas for SR countries.

I already booked tickets for next week so we could pick up my wife's PR card on July 28th. I am thinking of presenting my letter as well and requesting my card at the same time. Do you guys think it will work?

Vault / mercury6, can any one of you please call and find out?

Thanks in advance!
logicators

Logicators,

congrats on the VISA revalidation. No CIC will not give your card. You will be told that the CARDS are locked in a time safe which cannot be opened!! But who knows, they might give you the card. Good Luck!!

I was just in toronto CIC office to pick up my PR card and talked to a couple of Officers, If you miss first date, they send you another appointment letter in a couple of months usually and the date will be approximately 3 months apart from the first appointment date.
If you miss the 2nd appointment also the 3rd and final notice will be sent again after a couple of months. If you don't show up then also they will destroy the card and you will have to do a fresh application.
If you need a specific date you need to talk to Officer personally at 1-800-255-4541 but the no. works just inside Canada. He will usually give you a date 2-3 months from the date you call. You can't pick up the PR card by just walking in the office on a different date.

Khush

Any problem while returning to Canada to pickup PR card in person?

I read couple of times in this site that...

"The landing document is valid for travel to Canada till the end of 2003(even though they stamp it as not valid for travel)."

This is very helpful for those who returned to U.S.A right after landing and then got a letter to pickup PR card in person (for some reason it wasn't mail to their given address).

My question is... Is there any CIC website or official document talks about this? If so then we can take a printout and have it with us while going back to Canada to pickup PR card. Anyone ??

prcard pickup date/time limit.

I received a letter on aug 5th at friends address to pickup pr card and they have given a 30 day limit to pick.did any of you had a similar experince , I was assuming they give a fixed date to pickup card.this is in kitchener,ontario.

Thx.

maple card

now the pick up date is not specified and said within 1 month of the date you received the letter. -- what does that mean? any changes? Better or worse

maple card

Windsor is the pick up location.

Required to bring: Passport and Landing Paper.

Any suggestion to pick up? What kind of question will be asked?

Thanks very much for any input

PR card can be picked up any Saturday with out Appointment in Toronto
I just got news from Toronto for those who missed PR card pick up First date and second date. According to new Info any one who missed the PR card pick up date can go on Any Saturday to pick up the PR card. One of my friend after he missed second PR card pick up date he went on Saturday and collected the PR card as it is rush on Saturday one has to wait for 2-3 hours

I hope Murcury6 and Vault may confirm this

PR CARD

Hello friends,

Could you clarify my question in regards to picking up PR card? If we come back in couple of days to the US after landing in Canada, do the canadian authorities send PR card to the Canadian address--friend's address--we mentioned when we land in Canada, or do we have to personally pick it up from the Canadian PR issuance office at the designated time?

I am not planning on staying in Canada as soon as I land in Canada since I would like to come back to the US as I am currently employed here.

Please advise.

Regards.

Canadian authorities will mail PR card to the Canadian address--friend's address—that you provide when you land in Canada, your friend will receive the PR card and he can send the PR Card through FedEx to you in US.

** Ask the officer at the time of Landing if they have the correct photo for PR card, or they will take the Photo

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks a lot for the info. I really appreciate your help in this matter. Have a good one.

Regards.

PR Card status

Hi Ginnu,

I have mailed the PR Card processing center for status. I have also faxed them all the nessecary documents .How long does it take for them to respond ?In what way do they repond back ?
Do they send letter or send me some email or fax ?I have provided with contact fax no, email , & canadian address

Iam in the US now & have given an Canadian address.I had applied for my PR card on 27 th July-03.

Look forward to hear from you

Also my current H1B is valid till Oct-13 th 03.I plan to get it stamped sometime in Dec-03.My question is If I come to canada to collect my PR card , will I have problems to ener US if I don't have current Visa stamped on Passport ( I have the new H1 B documents & I intend to travel by land )

Thanks
Sandeep

Hi Ginnu,

I have mailed the PR Card processing center for status. I have also faxed them all the necessary documents .How long does it take for them to respond? In what way do they respond back ?
---- I am sorry that I could not search for your earlier post and I don’t know your situation, if it is related to PR card delay or not received the PR card or landed after 28June 2002 or before that. You should have posted the background because nobody has time to search your earlier posts. I don’t know what kind of response you are trying to get from them
Do they send letter or send me some email or fax ?I have provided with contact fax no, email , & Canadian address
--- if it is related to PR card and you sent fax or letter to PR card Processing Unit , I don’t know how they respond, I hope they will respond by letter on Canada address
I am in the US now & have given an Canadian address. I had applied for my PR card on 27 th July-03.
------- If you applied on 27July 03 then it is not late, many are waiting for PR card pick up letter more than 4-5 months
Look forward to hear from you

Also my current H1B is valid till Oct-13 th 03.I plan to get it stamped sometime in Dec-03.
My question is If I come to canada to collect my PR card, will I have problems to ener US if I don't have current Visa stamped on Passport ( I have the new H1 B documents & I intend to travel by land )

---- This thread is for Canada PR card ,post your question in correct H visa thread don’t mix Mahabharta with Ramayana

Missed PR Card Pick up date Toronto? Read the recent Info

My friend picked up PR card from Toronto on Saturday 4th October.
Here is his experience I post it for others:

1 he missed his first PR card pick up appointment and also missed his second PR Card pick up appointment. He called up his friend in Toronto and his friend confirmed that one could pick up the PR card on any Saturday if missed the previous appointment to get PR card pick up date.
2 My friend reached Toronto Friday evening from US and Saturday morning 9AM went to the PR card distribution Center address: 55 St. Clair Avenue EAST,5th floor, this office is in downtown Toronto. He told that at 9 AM about 70 people were in line and he was out with PR card in hand with in 10 minutes. He said that they have 12 counters open and processing is very fast. They ONLY need passport and Landing paper and have written on the board that “ keep Passport and Landing paper and letter in hand” they don’t ask for any other ID like Canada driving license or health card. Show the letter they sent and show the PP and show the landing paper then the CIC agent just checks the Commuter system with your name and DOB and asks you to sign on the letter and provides you your PR card in the envelope and asks you to check the PR card if that has correct info. Once you check the card they ask if every info is correct if you say it is correct then they stamp your Landing paper with stamp” Not valid for travel” and tell you to keep your Landing paper at safe place at home because you will need that when you apply for Canada citizenship and Pension plan.

My friend also informed that now on Saturday and other 3 days one can pick up the PR card if missed the Pick up date he forget what are other 3 days but remembers that it is morning 8 AM to 12 PM time for these people. Now they are sending new letter with PR card pick up letter a Yellow color Paper that has other days info when one can pick up the card if not able to go on scheduled date. He also told that he met a person who got the PR card pick up letter and his pick up date is 8th October, he just showed the letter and collected the card, no questions asked.