Those who missed PR card Pick up date

ginnu

Registered Users (C)
Many have missed the PR card pick up date in Toronto area and the letter they send for PR pick up date they have written that if you don’t pick up card on the scheduled date one has to apply again. One of my friends missed the pick up date.
I talked to CIC on 1-800 # (I spoke from Canada)
Here is what CIC agent said:

1. If the first date is missed they will send a new latter in 90 days for the next Pick up date.
2. if one is not able to go to Pick up the card on second date then they will send final letter 15 days before to pick up the card, if on final letter( 3rd letter) one does not go to Pick up the PR card they will destroy the PR card they can keep the PR card for 180 days only and then they will destroy the card and one has to apply again.

If for some reason, one cannot pick up the PR card himself, can he authorize someone else to pick up for him with authorizing materials such as a letter, passport copy, landing paper copy, etc.?

No,You have to pick up your PR card showing the letter CIC sent to you along with other ID Passport, Landing Paper or other ID from Canada government like DL, Health card

Ginnu,

Do you know if the letter that your friends received from CIC specified a time range (from what day to what day) or a specific only to pick up the PR card? This info will be very useful when people who live in the US plan their visit to Canada to pick the card up.

Thank you!

The letter he received from Toronto CIC to pick up the card they gave the specific time
11. 42AM and specific day/date. They mail you letter 7-10 days advance

maple card

Hello for help -- urgent

I have a question. In the maple application form, there is one space to write down the employment history. If I write it down my employment in US - detroit. Does Canada government will ask for more evidence of my commuting between Canada and Detroit everyday? I never have applies Drive licence since I drive the company car which requires a US drive license. What should I do?

Thanks
Bill

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf
You have to read the instruction in column 13 and 14 and provide your correct employment history.If space is not enough attach Sheet A and Sheet B and explain . If you are working in US and go back home in Canada every night that will be counted as Residency for Canada, PR card processing unit is not going to ask any questions. If you have US DL and drive US plated car it is not issue with PR CARD Processing unit. It is DMV matter. I read on posting by some one that if you are PR of Canada you should drive with Canada DL in Canada (you can check with MVS or DMV in Canada but it is not issue with PR card.)

Missed my date too, haven't received the letter yet...

My date was March 27th, wife's was Apr 01. We missed the dates (visa stamp expired in Feb and can't travel to Canada). Haen't received the 2nd letter yet.

logicators

logicators:

My date was March 27th; wife's was Apr 01. We missed the dates (visa stamp expired in Feb and can't travel to Canada). Haven’t received the 2nd letter yet.

--- You may expect your second letter by July, they told AFTER 90 days of first pick up date they will send second letter, they never said on 90th day they will mail the second letter.

--When you get your PR card pick up date, better take the appointment from US consulate in Canada, next day and apply for your Visa in Canada, you can pick up in next day, it means you have to stay minimum 3 days in Canada, one day for Pick up (because you don’t know what time they will write for PR card pick up) second day you apply for your Visa, third day pick up the Passport between 3-4 PM.(this info is for US consulate in Toronto )
I hope “mercury6” and" Vault"will help you for more info.

Here is some info that maybe useful.

I landed in Canada in 2001. I applied for PR card in Toronto. I missed my first appointment for February 25, 2003. I received the second letter on May 26 and my second appointment date was June 3.

Well, we already sent our passports for visa revalidation (St. Louis) back in April, expecting to get them back by mid July. Since we are from a SP registration country, I am not so sure if the visa will be revalidated. It it does, we should be fine and can travel to Canada and pickup the cards. If not, I have no idea what would be the right thing to do! If AVR is valid, we should be fine (no need to apply for a visa). Otherwise, its hard to wait in Canada for background check after applying the visa from Toronto consulate.

logicators

Originally posted by ginnu
logicators:

My date was March 27th; wife's was Apr 01. We missed the dates (visa stamp expired in Feb and can't travel to Canada). Haven’t received the 2nd letter yet.

--- You may expect your second letter by July, they told AFTER 90 days of first pick up date they will send second letter, they never said on 90th day they will mail the second letter.

--When you get your PR card pick up date, better take the appointment from US consulate in Canada, next day and apply for your Visa in Canada, you can pick up in next day, it means you have to stay minimum 3 days in Canada, one day for Pick up (because you don’t know what time they will write for PR card pick up) second day you apply for your Visa, third day pick up the Passport between 3-4 PM.(this info is for US consulate in Toronto )
I hope “mercury6” and" Vault"will help you for more info.

I missed my first PR card appointment also. They attempted to deliver the second notice but would not give it to my friend whose address I am using. I now have to make a seperate trip just to get that letter. Has anyone else had a similar problem.

Would they give me the card if I go few days earlier than the notice date. I hate to make two trips for this purpose.

What do you mean by "they attempted to deliver the second letter, but would not give it to your friend"? Letters from CIC are sent via regular mail.

No CIC will not give you your card before the date specified on the letter. You can go anytime (before 4pm) on the given date.

Originally posted by RajanJohn
I missed my first PR card appointment also. They attempted to deliver the second notice but would not give it to my friend whose address I am using. I now have to make a seperate trip just to get that letter. Has anyone else had a similar problem.

Would they give me the card if I go few days earlier than the notice date. I hate to make two trips for this purpose.

not to dissappoint you, I don't beleive that the State Department is revalidating visas for people frlom Spl. Reg countries. Your passports will be returned with a letter asking you to apply in your home country. If you apply for your visa at the US Consulate in Toronto, expect to stay in Canada for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Originally posted by logicators
Well, we already sent our passports for visa revalidation (St. Louis) back in April, expecting to get them back by mid July. Since we are from a SP registration country, I am not so sure if the visa will be revalidated. It it does, we should be fine and can travel to Canada and pickup the cards. If not, I have no idea what would be the right thing to do! If AVR is valid, we should be fine (no need to apply for a visa). Otherwise, its hard to wait in Canada for background check after applying the visa from Toronto consulate.

logicators

Vault,

I know its happening, but not with everyone (some people did receive the visa revalidated, although its true that most of them didn't). I sent our passports in mid April and they are currently processsing 1st week of April so I should be hearing something within next 2 weeks.

I also received the 2nd letter to pick up my PR card (should be receiving wife's as well) and the new date is July 10th. Don't think I will be able to make it.

logicators

Originally posted by vault
not to dissappoint you, I don't beleive that the State Department is revalidating visas for people frlom Spl. Reg countries. Your passports will be returned with a letter asking you to apply in your home country. If you apply for your visa at the US Consulate in Toronto, expect to stay in Canada for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Vault,

My friend told me that it was registered mail. I have no clue what it could be. Any one else get any thing by registered mail from CIC.