Those who missed PR card Pick up date

provincial photo id

I missed my first appointment in May and was notified of 2nd on Nov 1 at London, ON. I was told to bring with me passport, landing paper, and a provincial photo id along with the notification letter.

Question 1: Can I go there any day earlier than Nov 1?
Question 2: What kind of provincial photo ids are suitable? How can I get them?

Thanks in advance.

I don’t have any info about Landon, I hope the will provide you PR card just with the Passport, Landing paper and the letter you received. CIC has they same rules, when Toronto does not need DL or other ID why they will ask for other ID? No body can force you to get DL or health card, many don’t have DL and it was not the condition that if you immigrate to Canada you Must get DL. They don’t have time for such things now as local CIC offices have to distribute the PR cards before 31 December. They are not going to ask other ID go and pick up your card.

PR card pick up info:Secondary ID card requirement

Hi,
One of my friend recently travelled from USA to Toronto to collect his PR card from CIC,Toronto office and inspite of showing his US DL and SIN CIC officer denied to handover his PR card.He doesn't have any secondary photo ID issued by Canadian Province(Like Ontario DL,Health Card)
So please keep your finger crossed.....as usual CIC officials are not consistent and confusing!!!!
Find below posting of my friend:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
New York
1 Posts
Posted - 11/17/2003 : 11:52:53
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm currently living in NYC with my Canadian Wife and tried to pick up the card in Toronto. However, the lady refused to give it to me. I showed them my NY driver's license and my SIN card, but she won't give in The office is the one on St-Claire street.

I don't understand this. The government (or whoever) has already approved the PR card and there is a picture on the card. So, I don't know why it is such a big deal to "prove" that it is you who is picking up the card!!!!

I have an old McGill University student ID card. Do you think it will work?

I can't call to the 1-800 # from the US. Does anybody know if there is another number I can use?

thx

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I got my PR card!!

Hi Guys,
Finally today 12/05/2003 I managed to get my PR card alongwith my son and wife
I actually travelled from USA to Toronto last week and today picked up our card from CIC,Toronto office at 55 St Clair E
I reached there at around 10:30 am ,showed our call letters(Supposed to pick up on 6th Nov) to helpdesk officer at the entrance who asked us to follow a line which is mainly for person whose pick up date was in Nov 2003.Within 10 mins time we got call ,officer at the counter checked our PP,call letter and also asked for Secondary photo ID.As we don't have any ID issued by Canadian Province I showed my US driving licence and my wife showed her valid International Driving permit and officer accepted those as valid secondary photo ID and we're done within 20 mins time!!!
Some useful tips:
(1) Try avoid going on Saturdays...in weekdays it will be less crowded ..try to go early morning
(2) Carry any short of secondary ID if you don't have any photo ID issued by Canadian province....I noticed all the officers also were asking for secondary ID
Let me know if you guys need any other info
Regards

passport request

Hi ginnu,

I sent my medicals in last week of Nov 03, sent other docs (us finger prints, employer letter etc.,), landing fee on 13 th of Dec. My wife is taveling to india for 2 months (Jan, Dec). So my question is how much time they give me in the passport request letter for sending the passport.
Can we send a fax or letter to Buffalo requesting additional time to send the passport. ?

How much time they give us to land after getting stamped in the passport, I heard it depends up the US visa you have in the passport. Is it true ??

My other question is I see some posts abt estatus, how do we check it ??
Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi ginnu,

I sent my medicals in last week of Nov 03, sent other docs (us finger prints, employer letter etc.,), landing fee on 13 th of Dec. My wife is taveling to india for 2 months (Jan, Dec). So my question is how much time they give me in the passport request letter for sending the passport.
Can we send a fax or letter to buffalo requesting additional time to send the passport. ?
----- I don’t think they will send you reply and give you additional time
How much time they give us to land after getting stamped in the passport, I heard it depends up the US visa you have in the passport. Is it true ??
----------------- It will be maximum 1 year from the date of your medicals, if you remember the date of medicals then count 1 year from that date, US visa stamp has nothing to do with your Canada Visa stamp or landing in Canada
My other question is I see some posts abt estatus, how do we check it ??
--------- Go to www.cic.go. And find the link
** this thread is those who missed PR card pick up date. If you have other issues post is as new post

Thanks ginnu.
I tried www.cic.go it is not working.
I have an other question. I am working on EAD my H1 visa in passport expired. So is it better to send the EAD copy with the passport or can we just send the passport.
I read somewhere in this forum that we should not tell them abt the US GC process, is it true ? Can we continue both US GC and canada immigration process at the same time.

Thank you .

Hello Mr.Ginnu,

I appreciate your sharing of knowledge with us those who need help in the immigration related matters. Thanks for all your help.

Could you also clarify a matter related to PR cards pick-up issue? I was told that we can give a friend's address at the time of landing to receive the PR card at the later date. But in this line of discussion forum, our frinds are discussing about "missed PR card pick-up date" which is a bit confusing for me as I am novice in this area. When one can give a friend's address at the time of landing to receive PR card in the mail, why would someone shoud worry about "missed PR card pick-up date"? If you could clarify this matter at your convenience, I would really appreciate it.

Happy holidays.

Regards.

Could you also clarify a matter related to PR cards pick-up issue? I was told that we can give a friend's address at the time of landing to receive the PR card at the later date.
----- At the time of landing you can give your friend/relative address IN Canada, make sure your photograph is OK for PR card double check with the officer at the time of landing or request them to take photograph for PR card.
But in this line of discussion forum, our friends are discussing about "missed PR card pick-up date" which is a bit confusing for me as I am novice in this area.

---------- “Those who missed PR card date” is related to those who landed before June 28, 2002 and later applied PR card. Those who land after June 28 2002 they get the PR card mailed to the Canada address provided at time of landing.

When one can give a friend's address at the time of landing to receive PR card in the mail, why would someone shoud worry about "missed PR card pick-up date"? If you could clarify this matter at your convenience, I would really appreciate it.

---- I hope you can understand if you read above

Happy holidays.

Hi Ginnu,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. You have always been helpful and resourceful. Appreciate your time and help.

Happy holidays.

Regards.

Hi all, Did anybody pick up PR card in 2004. Please post details. I have questions about pick up. After we receive a letter from CIC to pick up the PR card, how many days period will we be given to pick p card?
Can i pick up after that pick up date? how many pick up date options will toronto office give.
Thanks

180 days after letter mailing date from CIC. You can pickup after your pick up date but within 180 days. After that they destroy your PR card.