• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Things to know before entering the DV 2011!

Maybe one fifth of those are illegal immigrants or people who received Green Card via family member, or people who went there as refugees and claimed asylum.
No, it is federal statistics, and illegal immigrants are not considered. According to MLA English was spoken by 80.60% of people over 5 years old in the entire US in 2005 (most recent data).

one even said he was denied due to his English skills and the interviewer stating that he wouldn't have a chance to pass the exam to obtain a license for his work and without a license he wouldn't get a job...
I think I know whom you are talking about. There was one barely legible thread, although the person claimed that he was denied without a clear reason, and then a few forum members (including myself) started offering explanations. My opinion was that the guy with a work experience in electric business had to be properly licensed if he wanted to work in the same industry. And poor English may be a problem here. However, the guy never answered my question about his financial situation, so we can only guess how he was going to make a living. If, for example, he comes to US with enough money, he may not bother with any licenses, and be just fine. Until he runs out of money, of course. But then again, who needs Engish to flip burgers?
To summarize, English may be an important factor for the GC applicant, but no officer can deny an immigrant visa based on a language skills.

Please Advise!

Can a person after winning the DV and have already went to the states for a few months but due to some reason wanted to return his country and withraw from the DV or GC application?
Please advise

Oh now your question is more clear....you can quit at anytime with your GC application. Nobody is forcing you to go forward but if you have paid certain fees you won't get them back since they are non refundable.

You can either stop responsing or just write or email KCC that you changed your mind and decided not to move forward and they will throw your file away or schred it....
If I were you I would give notice, that might come across better than nt responding if you alrady send in your papers, just in case you want to enter later on.

When will we know if the 2011 Dv lotery will be in place and which countries will be eligible....previous years we already had heard about it....

DV Program

Glossary
Important Notice about DV-2011: The online entry registration period for DV-2011 will be October 2 until November 30, 2009. Please, check back later for updates and instructions regarding online entry for DV-2011.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html#6

So far no eligible countries are listed ...so i guess more info will come out in the upcoming days....maybe they are counting the visa that are given out in the past 5 years to see which countries will be eligible and who aren't...

So they came indeed out with the new bulletin...I thought the numbers were the same as last month, but they went up by a few....so I guess many people send in their papers very late to KCC...

So they came indeed out with the new bulletin...I thought the numbers were the same as last month, but they went up by a few....so I guess many people send in their papers very late to KCC...

What crap are you spouting? The reason why the numbers are only slightly up from the last bulletin is because they started high and probably want to see turnout for the first batch of interviews before they commit to releasing larger visa numbers.

What crap are you spouting? The reason why the numbers are only slightly up from the last bulletin is because they started high and probably want to see turnout for the first batch of interviews before they commit to releasing larger visa numbers.

Neither you and I have proof of any reason why the number only was raised by 400!

I did read about a couple of people who just recently send in their papers to KCC and they all had lawyers...so maybe lawyers have advised to wait longer...that is all I wanted to say!

Hi all,
Just wanted to find out if someone has a high number,like AF 79xxx.Is it possible for them to enter the DV2011 just incase their number doesn't get called out or become current?

Thanks all.

Hi all,
Just wanted to find out if someone has a high number,like AF 79xxx.Is it possible for them to enter the DV2011 just incase their number doesn't get called out or become current?

Thanks all.

In terms of possibility you can enter for DV 2011. So if the case number becomes current and you will get selected for DV 2011 at the same time you will just not proceed with the DV 2011

Eligible countries!

Beware...the first link is from the USCIS official website and is stating they will come out with eligible countries before the start of DV 2011....

The second link is from a a non official website which is already stating the eligible countries...which could be right or wrong...so please check the official website, there are many sharks fishing in the pond of DV lottery applicants who are stating they want to help and take your money....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...le+countries+dv+2011&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

According to the second NON official website the folowing countries aren't eligible!

The following countries do NOT qualify for the DV-2011 Green Card Lottery:
CANADA
COLOMBIA
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
EL SALVADOR
HAITI
JAMAICA
MEXICO
GREAT BRITAIN (UK)*
CHINA - [mainland-born ]**
INDIA
PAKISTAN
SOUTH KOREA
PHILIPPINES
POLAND
VIETNAM

* UK includes the following dependent areas: ANGUILLA, BERMUDA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, CAYMAN ISLANDS, FALKLAND ISLANDS, GIBRALTAR, MONTSERRAT, PITCAIRN, ST. HELENA, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. Note that for purposes of the diversity program only, Northern Ireland is treated separately and does qualify; Northern Ireland does qualify and is listed among the qualifying areas.)
** The HONG KONG S.A.R., MACAU S.A.R. and TAIWAN do qualify and are listed below in the Países Calificativoslist.

The following countries do NOT qualify for the DV-2010 Green Card Lottery:
CANADA
COLOMBIA
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
EL SALVADOR
HAITI
JAMAICA
MEXICO
GREAT BRITAIN (UK)*
CHINA - [mainland-born ]**
INDIA
PAKISTAN
SOUTH KOREA
PHILIPPINES
POLAND
VIETNAM
RUSSIA***

* UK includes the following dependent areas: ANGUILLA, BERMUDA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS, CAYMAN ISLANDS, FALKLAND ISLANDS, GIBRALTAR, MONTSERRAT, PITCAIRN, ST. HELENA, TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. Note that for purposes of the diversity program only, Northern Ireland is treated separately and does qualify; Northern Ireland does qualify and is listed among the qualifying areas.)
** The HONG KONG S.A.R., MACAU S.A.R. and TAIWAN do qualify and are listed below in the Países Calificativoslist.
*** While Russia is not eligible, countries from the former Soviet Union (USSR) ARE ELIGIBLE.

Also from a NON official website since I coundn't copy it from the official website....so check for the correct list. for DV 2010!

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf (official list from USCIS)

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...0+eligible+countries&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us