There IS a God!!!! Received my Oath Letter

Asorock

Registered Users (C)
Finally!!!!!!! I opened my mailbox, and sitting there with my other mail was my Oath Letter. Yesssssssssssssss!!!!

My Oath Ceremony is scheduled for January 08, 2010.

Boy, it feels good. After yelling with joy, doing a few cart wheels, back flips and high-fiving my cousin, I called all the people that had supported me with prayers and assurances.

My journey, though not unduly tedious, was unique and full of anxiety, as my petition could easily have gone "sour", if the good Lord did not give me the wisdom and courage to take the bull by the horns and speak out about my plight.

Wow, this even feels better than the day my petition was approved.

I can finally RELAX and exhale.

My sincere gratitude to Bobsmyth, Sanjoseug20, Moho, Mmlo, Wantmygcnow, Kailashrathi, Perpetualgc, Mh66ii, Washburn27; for all your advice, kind words and support.

I visited other immigration related discussion boards, and Immigrationportal Forums is hands down the BEST immigration related discussion board, period. The users here are respectful, friendly, empathetic and willing to share their personal immigration experiences, which is a priceless blessing to anxious immigrants navigating the mind boggling bureaucracy, complex maze and unpredictability of the USCIS. I will keep coming back to lend my “2 cents” worth and give in return, the kind of support that I have received.

I will let you know how my Oath Ceremony went. Thanks once again and God bless you all.

" That only a few (1%), under any circumstances, protest against the injustice of long-established laws and customs, does not disprove the fact of the oppressions, while the satisfaction of the many (99%), if real, only proves their apathy and deeper degradation". – Elizabeth Cady Stanton

**DISCLAIMER**
I am neither a lawyer nor an immigration consultant. My comments should NEVER be considered as legal or professional advice as they are not meant to be such.

Los Angeles time-line:
Sent N-400 6/11/09
NOA 7/14/09 (PD of 6/12/09)
FP Notice 7/15/09
FP Date 7/30/09
IL: 8/4/09
ID: 9/22/09 (Los Angeles DO) Passed! BUT....
"nasty" and "difficult" AO gave me N-652 stating :mad:
"A decision cannot yet be made about your application" :mad:
"Please follow the instructions on Form WR-822" :mad:
"USCIS will send you a written decision about your application" :mad:
AO gave me Form WR-822 requesting 1)Copy of 2007 tax return 2) Copies of all pages of passport 3)Documentary proof of financial support from family/others
AO suggested I hand deliver documents to his office, and said I should hear from them in a few weeks.
WR-822 and ALL requested documents HAND DELIVERED to AO's office on 9/25/09
On 11/11/2009, after previous numerous telephone inquiries, I was transferred to an IO, who said she would send an "expedite request" to the DAO that interviewed me:mad:
On 11/18/2009, received a "generic" "your case is in active review" letter :mad:
On 11/25/2009, spoke to another IO, who now said that the DAO who interviewed me was waiting for my A File, and it can take up to 1 year to receive an A File :mad:
Tired of waiting sent a 15 page passionate "complaint" letter on 11/25/2009(sent to everyone from The President down) :mad:
Received a letter on 12/10/2009 (dated 12/04/2009) inviting me to come in for an appointment on 12/14/2009 (at 9:30 a.m.) to “complete my N-400 naturalization application and affix my signature to my N-400 naturalization application. Signed by the Director of the Los Angeles DO and District Adjudication Officer (DAO) who interviewed me in September, 2009
Attended appointment on 12/14/2009 - APPROVED :D
OL: 12/19/2009 :D
OD: 01/08/2010
PP/PC: (applied)
PP/PC: (received)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't infer that there is a God because you got your oath letter, but all the same, congratulations!

Huracan,

If in American popular culture, the phrase "there is a God" is used flippantly and trivially to express gratitude for "scoring" a hot female or when one's professional sports team pulls off a last minute victory; then in a sober instance like obtaining naturalization approval, to me, "there certainly IS a God". I suppose that's what freedom of speech and religion is all about, and I know what I experienced during and after my interview. Isn't this a great country? Yes it is! There IS a God!!! Thanks for the well wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations once again!

Now comes the real wait (not for the Oath, but for when you apply for a US Passport after the Oath at the Post Office and they take your Naturalization Certificate for a few weeks :eek:)

Best reason ever to use the Passport Agency...

Thanks everybody!

Perpetualgc, I hope you're not the Grinch that stole Christmas? :D You sure go out of your way to let the air out of the tires! From now on, I'm changing your username to "Oliver Twist", because, you ALWAYS want more! :D Chill out buddy, you're NOW a U.S. Citizen. What else do you want? Cindy Crawford, maybe? :D

Thanks everybody!

Perpetualgc, I hope you're not the Grinch that stole Christmas? :D You sure go out of your way to let the air out of the tires! From now on, I'm changing your username to "Oliver Twist", because, you ALWAYS want more! :D Chill out buddy, you're NOW a U.S. Citizen. What else do you want? Cindy Crawford, maybe? :D

Selma Hayek :)

congrats !!

Congratulations, Asorock !

I understand you because I also wrote letters to all officials
when my case was stuck during a year for no reason.
Most probably I have had similar feelings when I saw the Oath Letter in my mailbox,
I even remember the date when I received that Oath Letter.