The newest thread for April\'01 CSC I-485 mailers

No Title

chik, AVM says this message after your FP.. until your i-485 is approved...
you should call IIO for details about your FP.

Did FP today, had a few ridge breaks!

Hi all,

I finally completed my FP today. I went to INS Fairfax Application Center this morning at 9 AM. There were just a few (2 or 3) applicants before me. It took 5 minutes to fill out the Finger Printing application form that had only very basic personal info (including A#, SSN, Date & Place of birth and the residential address). They issue tokens after you fill out the application and submit it to them. All you need to show them is the Finger Printing appointment notice and your id (driver license will do. If not, the passport will work too).

There were 4 machines inside the ASC. The operator asked me to apply a liquid lotion upon the palms of both hands and rub it thoroughly. Then she took the impressions of both hands (4 fingers, excluding thumb), followed by impressions of all 10 fingers. I asked her if the quality was good. She said, "yeah.. its fine..". I further asked her about ridge breaks. She said it is very common to have ridge breaks, but it is okay if the ridge breaks are at the top (on perimeter) of the finger image. I got a few ridge breaks too. They show up on the image on the monitor. She said not to worry anything about it and said the technician will do a final inspection. The technician came over and concluded that the prints were fine and were of "good quality".

Now begins the wait...and hope that no RFEs pile up on my case.

Good luck

Pump

Voice says EAD approved on Nov 1

The AVM now tells that our EAD applications have been approved on Nov 1. Previously we have been forced to get interim EADs, the first ones was valid for 3 months and the second ones for 6 months. We filed April 23 (RD).

Recieved EAD card!

MightyCount..please update when you get a chance. We received our EAD cards on November 2nd!

Received EAD card

I have received my EAD card. My wife (dependent) has already received it.

I did my FP before schedule on 10/30. Will call IIO sometime next week to inquire about FP.

This board is very helpful.

Pban

No Title

Nonamerican,
    My RD, ND are same, and my WAC is also wac-223-xxxxxxx.
I have received EAD cards and FP notice. My FP was scheduled for 11/30, but did it early on 10/30.
I live in Sunnyvale.
Hope you will also receive FP notice soon.

BTW, where do you live ?

--Pban

Did my FP early on 11/2.

Hello MightyCount,

Did my FP early on 11/2 .
Scheduled date is 11/21.

Please update your page.

As always, we all appreciate your great help to the GC-Wait community !!!!!!!

FP Done

Completed FP ahead of schedule at San Jose on 11/03.

Had been to San Jose INS support center on 11/03 at around 2:25 PM. There were only 2-3 people in the waiting room. The lady at the front asked for FP notice and photo ID. Gave us an yellow form to fill out. Form contained basic info like Name, address, birthplace, birth date, A#, race, height, weight etc. As soon as the form was returned, she called us to the FP machines.

FP of Left thumb showed Ridge Breaks for about 4 consecutive attempts. On the fifth attempt a green light flashed and I got a Pass.
Later a QA techician was called to examine the prints. After the technician went, I asked the lady who did the FP about the prints. She said that it was fine. Spouse had a scar on one of the right fingers. Scar is not visible under normal circumstances but was seen only on the enlarged image of FP machines. Techician said the prints were fine too.

An excellent experience.

Wife received FP notice today, I did not yet. But I am primary applicant.

Hi guys,

Anyone has same experience? Should I be supposed to receive FP too at the same appointment time with my wife? How to deal with this? Can I also go to do FP with my wife using her notification?
Our location is Oakland, anyone did FP early the schedule? please share your experience. What doc shoud be brought and what is the best time to arrive?

Thanks,
Niwang

Same new EAD approval message!

I have notice the same changes!

I still have not received my EAD yet, but
before friday the message was saying that
my AED was approved on oct 4th and it will
take ~120 days before the next step

Now it says that it was approved on Nov 2nd and
I shoud receive something by mail in the next 14 days...

we will see.

I still have not received my FP notice, I ask my lawer
to send a fax to the INS.

Roger Cadoret

Hi niwang....

I am the primary applicant, but my wife received the FP notice 2 weeks ahead of mine. She received her FP notice on 10/03/01 and was scheduled on 10/25/01, but did it on 10/12/01. I received my FP notice on 10/16/01 and was scheduled on 11/01/01. I have mine FP done on 10/25/01.

But that\'s a ver strange thing on the AVM. When I check my wife\'s 485 case, the AVM indicates that " on 10/13/01 the finger printing was recorded, and the case is pending review." However, mine is still the old message "on 10/11/01, we mail out a finger printing notice......"

It seems very difficult to tell that how INS processing our paper work. I saw some other friends on this thread who got EAD approved but did not receive their EAD card right away. In my EAD case,first I heard my EAD was approved on AVM, the EAD card was inside the mail when I received it. (EAD approved on 9/26/01, received it on 10/01/01.)

The only thing we can do is wait wait & wait......

FP done on schedule date

Got our FP done on the scheduled date: 11/03 @ Phoenix, AZ. The entire process was smooth. There was a person checking all FP\'s for quality assurance. Not sure what that person was looking for..ridge breaks whatever! Mightycount..please update..whenever

Did FP as scheduled but think might delay process? Please give your feedback.

Anyone had manual FP taken at Oakland ASC and how much time it takes to get FP back to INS?

I\'d my FP on 11/2/01 and taken manual at Oakland ASC and just curious to know how much more time it take?

Please add your feedback.

Finally, our real EAD cards arrived!!!

Our RD is April 23, and we got 3 months interim EAD cards in July, and had to renew them in October (the new interim cards were valid for 6 months).
Today, we received our "real" EAD cards in the mail, they are valid until Oct 24, 2002. The AVM told about the approval on Nov 1.

Just to let you guys who are also waiting for your EAD cards know...