Texas Consolidated I140 Tracker

Wait for FP.
Yesterday hihisusi posted that he/she got FP notice by mail, their ND was 11/04. Hope we get our FP notices week or two.

All the best!!

FP Question

I have used a sub labor from NC, but I work in Hartford, Connecticut.
Does that mean that I should goto NC and give my FP?

Updated list

Thank you guys...Not too sure what an RFE on 485 could be for, I did send the medical stuff.
Waiting to hear from USCIS

atl01 said:
Does the issuance of FP cause any date changes on the online USCIS status? Or the only source to get FP notice is from the attorney?

No, you won't see any status update on the website when they send a FP appoinment letter. Only after you have submitted FP, does it show on the website.

mhsoor said:
Hey ingcQ, congratulations man. Looks like your I485 is about to be approved.

My case history is similar to yours. My I-140/I-485 was received by TSC on Aug 23, 2004. I got my 140 approved, but haven't got FP notification yet. I really hope I get some info on my FP notice and 485 soon.

Good luck and congrats, once again.

Mhsoor,

Thanks for your congrats, and I hope your saying about my I-485 approval is true. My LUD has been changing everyday for the past two weeks (except weekends) saying they received the FP results the previous day. I am hoping that it is some immigration officer actively working on my case to approve it on my Birthdate (in a couple of weeks from now) :)

I feel that you will get your FP notice and the I485 soon. Good Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting article

Interesting article I found in another forum.
===========================================
As we all know visas are numerically limited. All the countries in the world have a PER-COUNTRY CAP for each visa categories. Many years before the EB3 as stated by the Department of State has remained current or “C” in the VISA BULLETIN but due to the BACKLOG REDUCTION effort of the USCIS more visas are being consumed than there are available. It means that the Department of State has PREDICTED that there would be more visas that would be consumed than there are available so they set PRIORITY DATES to slow down the issuance of visas. It works on a FIFO basis (FIRST IN-FIRST OUT) for all consular applications and adjustment of status. I ASSUME YOU ALL KNOW WHEN ARE YOUR PRIORITY DATES.

Another thing… it has nothing to do with the USCIS, your petition is still going even there is retrogression as long as it was been filed before January 1, 2005. The only thing that would happen is that it would FREEZE your consular or adjustment of status until well of course your PRIORITY DATES ARE CURRENT!

Ok this is the stuff you’ve been waiting for. HOW DO VISA NUMBERS MOVE?

Well as I mentioned earlier there is a per country cap visa limit for all countries. According to the LAW the consumption of VISAS are done in a QUARTERLY BASIS. The U.S. Government FISCAL YEAR starts at October 1 through September 30. So the Fiscal Year 2005 would start at October 1, 2004 and would end at September 30, 2005.
If you read the VISA BULLETIN at the travel.state.gov website there is a paragraph written below that the Department of State has PREDICTED it is necessary to impose a
CUT-OFF DATE to slow down the processing during the second quarter (January 1, 2005- March 31, 2005).

I hope you are all following on this. Well hmmm that is why the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) claimed that they do not expect visa numbers to move until APRIL! Because April 1 would be the start of the 3rd Quarter of the FISCAL YEAR. According to the law, the Dept. of State can now use additional VISA NUMBERS. DEFINITELY THE VISA NUMBERS WOULD MOVE. Yehey!!!

My predictions during the 3rd QUARTER the PRIORITY DATES would be somewhere in around November 2003 or January 2004. The Department of State will be processing other cases that were approved by the USCIS(cases that were filed before January 1, 2005). First in-first out. The Dept. of State will be processing other cases without taking new cases in.

Here is really the most glorious part. LAST QUARTER OF THE FISCAL YEAR. (JULY 1, 2005 – SEPTEMBER 31, 2005 .)

ACCORDING TO THE LAW --- ALL UNUSED VISAS FROM ALL OTHER COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD WILL BE MADE AVIALABLE TO THE Philippines, India and China and other countries that has visa cap.

MY PREDICTION IS THAT PRIORITY DATES WILL BE CURRENT DURING THE LAST QUARTER FOR THE EB3 CATEGORY.

What the Department of State did is that they choose a priority date which is January 1, 2002, a date far enough so it would freeze processing entirely for the 1st and 2nd quarter (Oct.1, 2004 to March 31, 2005) so the Department of State would have time to process visas without taking new ones. On April 1, 2005 to June 30, 2005 (3rd quarter) the Department of State can open up and distribute visas again until the per country cap is met again. The good thing is that ACCORDING TO THE LAW, on the fourth quarter (July 1, 2005 – September 30 2005) THE REST OF THE WORLD’S UNUSED VISAS WILL BE GIVEN TO THE PHILIPPINES, INDIA AND CHINA. The EB3 category will be CURRENT AGAIN!

Although it will be ON and OFF until the U.S. Congress passes new legislations but IT WILL BE ONLY 5 TO 7 MONTHS DELAYS AND NOT 3 TO 5 YEARS. Do not believe all what you read in newspapers and articles

Guys need your locations again

Hi ,
Please include the location from where you filed the papers. There seems to be a lot of difference for FP notice dates across different regions.
If we get the location of filing, we can identify if there is a pattern. AS of now i can see that charlotte is the fastest and Atlanta/Tampa are the slowest.
-lrugnevm

Help please - 140 REF - Major Field of Study

I got REF on my 140, i have not received letter yet, i am going through possible options

My Labor Certificate column 14, Major Field of Study has as follows.

Section 14. Sate in detail the Minimum education, training experience for a worker
to perform satisfactorily the job duties described in item 13 above.
College = 4
College Degree required = B.S
Major Field of Study = Computer Science / Engineering, or a closely related scientific discipline

Experience Job offered = 5
Related Occupation = 5
Related Occupation = Programmer/Analyst, Programmer

But i have education of (10+2+3+2 = 17) form India.
B.S(3 years) major field of Study = Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
M.S(2 years) major field of Study = Chemistry,
Computer diploma training in Computers (1 year,)

I have 5 year experience before join this company.

LC has Major field of Study is "Computer Science / Engineering, or a closely related scientific discipline"
But i have Major field of Study is Chemistry, and 1 year Computer Training form some Institute.

Is this going to be a problem?. Please some one help me, what are the options have at this time.
i have completed my 6year of H1b and i am using EAD for my visa status.

at0324 said:
I got REF on my 140, i have not received letter yet, i am going through possible options

My Labor Certificate column 14, Major Field of Study has as follows.

Section 14. Sate in detail the Minimum education, training experience for a worker
to perform satisfactorily the job duties described in item 13 above.
College = 4
College Degree required = B.S
Major Field of Study = Computer Science / Engineering, or a closely related scientific discipline

Experience Job offered = 5
Related Occupation = 5
Related Occupation = Programmer/Analyst, Programmer

But i have education of (10+2+3+2 = 17) form India.
B.S(3 years) major field of Study = Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
M.S(2 years) major field of Study = Chemistry,
Computer diploma training in Computers (1 year,)

I have 5 year experience before join this company.

LC has Major field of Study is "Computer Science / Engineering, or a closely related scientific discipline"
But i have Major field of Study is Chemistry, and 1 year Computer Training form some Institute.

Is this going to be a problem?. Please some one help me, what are the options have at this time.
i have completed my 6year of H1b and i am using EAD for my visa status.

Dont worry, the issue could e much smaller than you think. Wait for the letter to see what the issue is.
Have trust in God above and the lawyer below.

140 approved and 6- months in 485 - do i need ead for ac21?

Hi, or do i need another h1 to use ac21?
I thought the ac21 allowed me to switch employers without ead or h1

AC21 -- EAD or H1 IS required

lrugnevm --
You need a work permit to allow you to work in the US and EAD or H1 or L1 or any work permit is needed at any given time.

All Others
I have updated (once again) the tracker with my FP details. Fellow users please download the latest tracker prior to updating your info else we will be loosing data.

That could be appointment...

Chimi,

Ognep might have mentioned that has Appointment date. Have a good luck on your case chimi....

gcbygod