Tentative Jan \'02 Chennai CP Interviews

No Title

I agree with AIM!

Folks who are going for interview in Jan, let us NOT create more hassels for future CPers by producing PCC for CP interviews.

NVC - Chennai mix up

Hello to all of you. This is my first time using this forum and am glad to know that there is such a support group available. I filed for my husband on March 13, 2001. His I-130 petition was approved on Aug 2. The NVC finished with his case and mailed it to the Chennai consulate on Oct. 22. I believe his packet 3 was updated in the consulate\'s computer on Nov 19. He called them on Dec 2 and was told his interview was on Jan 8, 2002. HE was also told that his pckt 4 was in the mail. A week and a half later, he didn\'t receive anything, so he called them again. At that time they told him his interview was cancelled b/c they had not received "clearance" from the NVC. I called the NVC on Thurs 12/13 and was told that his whole file was sent on Oct 22 and the matter was out of their hands. I called the embassy that night and was told that a whole batch of mail was delayed due to security reasons and to call back in 10 days. Called the NVC again on Friday and they said the matter had to be resolved with the embassy. They send the files through diplomatic government courier which can take anywhere btwn 7-90 days!
This all seems a bit strange to me also. I was under the assumption that the Madras couldn\'t begin processing anything till they received the info from the NVC. What is going on and what can we do about it?

No Title

I think some of those who were expecting Feb interviews and surprisingly got Jan interviews probably got the dates that were originally set for the current people whose files have been lost from the NVC to Madras. Let us hope that they clear this mess up soon. I guess Jan interviews are out of the question for us, unfortunately.

Some simple maybe stupid questions....

Just want to get some second opinions.

Is it ok to have a week or so gap between lab test and visiting the doctor ?

How late can you go to Lister labs to get results the same day ?

Fellow 25thers. Since Jan 26 is Republic day, will we get our passports on 26 or 27 ?

Rajesh,

Is it ok to have a week or so gap between lab test and visiting the doctor ?
No problem.

How late can you go to Lister labs to get results the same day ?
10:30 a.m.

Fellow 25thers. Since Jan 26 is Republic day, will we get our passports on 26 or 27 ?
Good Question. I need to find out too.

No Title

Superman, Aishsri etc,

I know this question is probably asked hundred times.

o Are experience letters needed for CP?
o Are there any documented cases on this site, where CPers mentioned that they were asked for the experience letters from former employers?

Please clarify.

Seperate PCC applications

Do we need to fill in two seperate PCC applications for
myself and spouse or one is sufficient. Kind of dumb question!

No Title

When one applies for the PCC from the Consulate here, what does the
Police in India do? Do they go to the address mentioned in the application or do they just call?? any ideas.

GC Despo - Seperate application for each applicant.

In regards to the "Police in India do", My guess : Crimes are reported from local police station to the main control room and are stored in the central database. Passport authorities sends the request to the Police Control room to verify any criminal records something like that.

gc_hopeful, experience letters are not in Required Documnts list. I would take them with me.

It depends on your case. My LC needs two yrs. and master\'s degree. Experience is not a very big deal. I have much more in US itself.
But if your LC needs lot of experience, they ask for them. Especially, for EB-2 with Bachelor\'s degree. They need ask for them at all. But this is something I put it in my back pocket.

experience letter

Hi gc,

As per the list given by my attorney it is not required but I accept what superman advised.

Thanks

Superman: Did you apply for the PCC at the consulate?

I wanted to apply at the embassy in SFO but they require the passport with the application. How did you manage?
Thanks.

AIM, Chicago need a copy of PP at the time of application. Original at the time of issuance only.

It is changing from consulate to consulate. I would not send the original to the consulate just before the Interview.