Ten years bar over

roxie

I came to the USA in 1993, overstayed and was deported in 2008 giving a 10 years bar, in 2015, 7 years into the bar I was granted a waiver of 212 small (A)(9)(a)(2) and I visited the USA for 10 days, and since the visa is just for 12months could not go back before it expires. now I have tried to renew the visa the consular officer in London have refused me twice in 2016 and 2017 that i should wait until my bar is over. i went last week 5th of sept i 2018 was denied my 10 years was over in June. My question now is i am a British citizen would it be easier for me to come to Canada and use land border since the consular officers in London are just to tough. please advise

I was given a letter that I was inadmissible because exclusion of I NA 214 and though I had finish my bar and I do not have ties to my country of residence

My question now is i am a British citizen would it be easier for me to come to Canada and use land border since the consular officers in London are just to tough. please advise

You still have to fill in an i94w form which asks if you’ve been denied previous visas on any passport and also if you’ve ever overstayed. Added to the problems those questions highlight is that it starts to look like you’re desperate to enter the US if you’re going to those lengths to try get in, which makes CBP officers suspicious. Will you have a plan B if your refused entry?

Using a land border from Canada would subject you to the same scrutiny for US admittance. The i94w form you'd have to fill out at the border asks for previous denials and nationalities. What are your current ties to the UK?

With denials in 2016, 2017, and 2018.. if we see you as desperate to get to the US, CBP is likely too.

You still have to fill in an i94w form which asks if you’ve been denied previous visas on any passport and also if you’ve ever overstayed. Added to the problems those questions highlight is that it starts to look like you’re desperate to enter the US if you’re going to those lengths to try get in, which makes CBP officers suspicious. Will you have a plan B if your refused entry?
No plan B, if i am denied entry will just come back to the UK, i have a better life here and i will not do anything stupid again i am 51 years old, i just want the opportunity to visit my daugher who is in high school in Baltimore. and in giving time will i stay more than 2 week in the state.

Using a land border from Canada would subject you to the same scrutiny for US admittance. The i94w form you'd have to fill out at the border asks for previous denials and nationalities. What are your current ties to the UK?

With denials in 2016, 2017, and 2018.. if we see you as desperate to get to the US, CBP is likely too.
yes it may look that im desperate but i not, if denied will come back, because maybee i will have luck with land border, and moreover, at no time do i plan to spend more than 2 week in USA, the primary purpose is to be able to visit my American daughter that is in high school in baltimore.im a british citizen with good employment in uk

Surprising the good employment in the UK couldn’t overcome the 214b assumption, anyway make sure to take all proof of ties home with you. Long way from the Canadian border to Baltimore. Might be more feasible for your daughter to visit you in the UK during a school break?

Well you are free to try at the US-Canadian border.

Or have your daughter visit you in Canada if your attempts don't succeed.

Surprising the good employment in the UK couldn’t overcome the 214b assumption, anyway make sure to take all proof of ties home with you. Long way from the Canadian border to Baltimore. Might be more feasible for your daughter to visit you in the UK during a school break?
yes my daughter do come for holiday she was last month but God forbid there is an emergency i need to be there, ticket you can get i a day butvisa i can get in a day.i am a self employee in UK , Uk taxi driver make about £1200 per week, is that not good enough , also i travelled to oversee my progect in African every 3months.

Understand it’s painful, unfortunately this is the consequence of past overstay. It becomes so much more difficult to overcome the assumption that you will do it again.
I don’t think being a self employed taxi driver helps unfortunately because you can just do that in the US too.

You guys on the forum are talking like immigration officers , always counter everything I say, look I’m 51 yrs don’t have that strength anymore and before you become a cab driver here is long process and moreover if I wanted to stay I could have done that when I was giving a waiver visa for 12 months. Gosh let have some positive thinking. The street of USA is laid with Gold. There are Americans too becoming British citizens.

And moreover is I’m making 1200 which around 1500 dollar why do I want to start gain pls I need something to lift my sprit I’m positive person don’t need negativity around me

You guys on the forum are talking like immigration officers , always counter everything I say, look I’m 51 yrs don’t have that strength anymore and before you become a cab driver here is long process and moreover if I wanted to stay I could have done that when I was giving a waiver visa for 12 months. Gosh let have some positive thinking. The street of USA is laid with Gold. There are Americans too becoming British citizens.

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were looking for “positive thinking”. I thought you wanted realistic advice, which is where the “talking like an immigration officer” bit is perfectly appropriate. I’m not sure this is the right forum if you’re looking for positive thinking and good vibes etc, this is a forum for immigration advice based on what we understand to be the approach uscis, CBP etc take.

Precisely! That’s what we strive to do here - we put on the thinking cap of IO. If you’re interested in people who will sugarcoat things or tell you what you want to hear or provide you with fraudulent ways of getting a US visa, this forum is not for you.

You turn around to say “the streets of USA is NOT LAID OF GOLD” which is an insult to those answering your questions and trying to point out things to you. You didn’t think so when you stayed in the country for 15! years until you were deported though.

Americans becoming British citizens are doing so legally. And plenty of British citizens become US citizens too, legally.

We're trying to offer realistic visa/immigration related advice. What did you find so offensive?

You're the one to mention a 15 year overstay, then deportation, then a 10-yr bar, then your visa attempts the past 3 years. And you said the London embassy is tough. Fair enough. You asked for advice about entering from Canada.. well, all we did was to suggest to give it a try. Now if you want us to say all is hunky dory, that you'd be admitted for six months with no issues.. well, it ain't like that. The US Border officers look at previous history, maybe question you about your intentions in the US, and decide if they're authorized to admit you into the US. The British government does the same thing. Do you have issues when UK Border Control refuses entry to someone who was deported from the UK after a 15 year illegal overstay?

I sincerely hope you are able get into the US and meet your daughter. Keep us posted how you get on. Wish you luck!

On a serious note Cab Drivers make $1500 a week?

Between @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom @1AurCitizen

You”ve gotten advice that would cost you a few hundred bucks atleast!! At a consultation with an Attorney

Whats the point of asking questions if your mind is already made up on what you want to hear?

Im no IO, just forum member, but you do come off as being desperate to enter the US fyi “im not one to judge”

But if regular folks can get that feeling so will an IO. After all. They”re just regular folks themselves.
Anyways GL hope you do get to see your daughter:

Precisely! That’s what we strive to do here - we put on the thinking cap of IO. If you’re interested in people who will sugarcoat things or tell you what you want to hear or provide you with fraudulent ways of getting a US visa, this forum is not for you.

You turn around to say “the streets of USA is NOT LAID OF GOLD” which is an insult to those answering your questions and trying to point out things to you. You didn’t think so when you stayed in the country for 15! years until you were deported though.
yes i was young about 23 just out of college and i came i overstayed,but now i am not any longer interested in that anymore, so don't castigate me and I have made better thing with my life for the 10yrs out USA, i have built houses in my country, im not going to the USA to look for money, I'm going to spend money.you are talking like family does not matter, 6 of my sibling are citizen of USA and my age mum is and my dad was before he passed on.