TD Visa for my Pakistan resident spouse

muhaammad nasar

I am Canadian Citizen, and have worked 1o years in the U.S on TN Visa. I got married last year in Pakistan, My wife is a Pakistani citizen and resident. I haven't apply for Canadian immigration for my wife. I recently got new job in U.S and TN visa, i will be relocating to U.S soon. Is it possible to bring my wife on TD visa while she is in Pakistan? How much time would it take?

Of course, all she needs to is apply for a TD visa at the US consulate, with proof of marrriage and copy of your I-94.

For some reason I cannot make a new post. Can please tell me how I can get health insurance for my spouse? I have a TN and he has TD.
Thanks

Of course, all she needs to is apply for a TD visa at the US consulate, with proof of marrriage and copy of your I-94.

Not really a TN/TD issue. Speak to your employer about adding your dependent(s) to your company health plan.

Thanks for your reply. I got the insurance myself not through the company. The brocker I got my insurance from now says he has to have ssn number. ?!

you may need to switch, because she is not going to get an SSN. That would be something you check when purchasing.
Again, not a TN issue, except for What kind of TN sponsor doesn't give their employees health coverage? You are a professional, no? You should be treated like one.

hi, may I ask what timelines we could expect for the TD Visa? is it quick like in a week or so or does it take months / years?

I am Canadian Citizen, and have worked 1o years in the U.S on TN Visa. I got married last year in Pakistan, My wife is a Pakistani citizen and resident. I haven't apply for Canadian immigration for my wife. I recently got new job in U.S and TN visa, i will be relocating to U.S soon. Is it possible to bring my wife on TD visa while she is in Pakistan? How much time would it take?
Hi, did you apply for a Canadian permanent residency for her? Or she is living in US only?

hi, may I ask what timelines we could expect for the TD Visa? is it quick like in a week or so or does it take months / years?
What type of visa appointment would your spouse require at the US Embassy in Islamabad for a TD visa? Currently, the wait times for B1/B2 appointments are approximately 322 calendar days.

Does she have a Canadian status? She could fly to Canada and get TD visa from a consulate in Canada.

Does she have a Canadian status? She could fly to Canada and get TD visa from a consulate in Canada.
She does not have Canadian PR status. Wait times for US visa appointments in Toronto are even worse, for B1/B2 they are about 643 days. That's why I am curious what type of visa appointment is required for TD visa applicants.

Forget B1/B2. TD have higher priority, and fewer applicants.

In any event, you need to APPLY so get going!

Thanks for your reply. I got the insurance myself not through the company. The brocker I got my insurance from now says he has to have ssn number. ?!
You can do it via ITIN, that what I did for my dependents. I was with KP initially they entered 99999999 as a dummy and got me going.