Tax and Citizenship?? Please Helpppppp

Miko

I am GC holder, my Spouse she isn't Green card or citizenship? I will file the tax as married filing jointly.

I heard that will be a problem if i did that when I will file to get my Citizenship is it right???

Please Help me

Regards

so I can claim her in the tax and there is no problem will show while applying citizenship.

If you are married, you can choose "married file separate" or "married file jointly" whichevery options lets you pay less tax.
No implication on your future citizenship...unless you have more than one wife at the same time.

I am not sure but I think you can claim her in your taxes ONLY if she has a legal social security number if she does you should be ok,,

Gurus---please correct me if I am wrong :)

I am not sure but I think you can claim her in your taxes ONLY if she has a legal social security number if she does you should be ok,, Gurus---please correct me if I am wrong :)

You're wrong. :) If she's a dependent without an SSN, he can apply for an ITIN for her with his tax return.

That is correct - the ITIN is an option. However, be warned that if they have another stimulus check - you will not be eligible. The IRS requires all parties to have a valid SSN to be eligible for a stimulus check. Just thought I would throw that out there - although I am sure most of us on here aren't going to go broke because we didn't get $300-600.

The IRS requires all parties to have a valid SSN to be eligible for a stimulus check. Just thought I would throw that out there - although I am sure most of us on here aren't going to go broke because we didn't get $300-600.
It's not an IRS requirement per-se, but rather a clause that was slipped into the last stimulus bill, with few people noticing, in a misguided attempt to stop the money going to tax-paying illegal immigrants. There is nothing to assume that future stimulus bills would have the same provision.

Previous posts are all correct, you file either MFJ or MFS. When I was on H1B my husband (citizen) and I filed together our Form 1040. If no SSN get a TIN number. You can check on the IRS website for Enrolled Agent who can apply in person for the TIN number.

Sprry to be offending if I offend anyone, but I hope illegals with not qualify for the next one.

I heard that i only can file married filling jointly???
there's no problem with filling citizenship...???