Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Hey Everybody,
I am very happy I got my interview letter today. I will tell everything in this forum about my interview experience. is there anybody just can tell me the following answer:
01. In the reading part, do I need to read some sentences just looking it.
02. In the writing part, do I need to write something just looking it. Or, IO will just tell the sentence and I need to write it down as he says?

DO- Tampa
N 400 sent Dallas: 12-15-2009
PD- 12-22-2009
NOA received- 12-29-2009
FPL- 02-04-10
LUD- 02-02-10
FPD-02-22-10
IL- 03-09-2010
ID- 04-29-2010
Oath- ??

Thanking you,

Hey Everybody,
I am very happy I got my interview letter today. I will tell everything in this forum about my interview experience. is there anybody just can tell me the following answer:
01. In the reading part, do I need to read some sentences just looking it.
02. In the writing part, do I need to write something just looking it. Or, IO will just tell the sentence and I need to write it down as he says?

DO- Tampa
PD- 12-22-2009
NOA received- 12-29-2009
FPL- 02-04-10
LUD- 02-02-10
FPD-02-22-10
IL- 03-09-2010
ID- 04-29-2010
Oath- ??

Thanking you,

In answer to your questions,
1. The officer will give you a sentence on a piece of paper to read. Mine was 'We have 100 Senators.'
2. The officer will read a sentence to you while you write, I think he read it 3 times as I wrote, 'The largest State is Alaska.'

In answer to your questions,
1. The officer will give you a sentence on a piece of paper to read. Mine was 'We have 100 Senators.'
2. The officer will read a sentence to you while you write, I think he read it 3 times as I wrote, 'The largest State is Alaska.'
Thank you very much. In this forum you answer most of the questions. you are rally very helpful.
Thanks again.
Play boy
DO- Tampa
PD- 12-22-2009
NOA received- 12-29-2009
FPL- 02-04-10
LUD- 02-02-10
FPD-02-22-10
IL- 03-09-2010
ID- 04-29-2010
Oath- ??

i am all finished now, but my wife has her interview on 3/30/10 so I guess I'll be around for a while still.

your wife and I had the interview the same day mine was at 9 am... i came in and was called right away though there were a lot of people in the waiting area. the interview was quick. She went straight to the questions and the interview was done very fast.

DID YOUR WIFE GET A OATH DATE ? my officer didn't give me one she said i'll be getting a letter in the mail.
how did your wife do ?

your wife and I had the interview the same day mine was at 9 am... i came in and was called right away though there were a lot of people in the waiting area. the interview was quick. She went straight to the questions and the interview was done very fast.

DID YOUR WIFE GET A OATH DATE ? my officer didn't give me one she said i'll be getting a letter in the mail.
how did your wife do ?

Hi westlondon88,

My wife's appointment went very well, she was scheduled for 7.50am, was called by the same very friendly officer I had at about 7.55, she was finished and we were on our way home by 8.05am. The officer told my wife to expect an oath letter for Thursday April 22nd at Tampa Convention Center, she was glad that it didn't come for Friday April 23rd, she would have had problems taking her oath on Shakespeare's birthday :)

Well it's been a while folks. Sorry I have been busy with the Police stuff. Now I can finally be a cop......

I had my interview in Tampa today. Interview was cake. Typical 6 easy question, then STAMP APPROVED! Let me tell you all that USCIS is a great agency!!!!!! Very rear, but my lawyer pulled some strings for me and I got to take oath right in the office after my interview (which is unheard of in Tampa)! How you do this is have your attorney contact the N-400 supervisor via email for you Tampa filiers! I didn't want to wait 1-2 months for the oath at the convention center.....

Again, USCIS Tampa was very very professional. Hell they even took a pictire for me because I didn't have a camara. They also let the wife come back to watch. The N-400 supervisor even gave me a hug after she shook my hand to congrads me on being a U.S. citizen!

Good luck to all at this stage! I will be on here every now and then.

Trial

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I had interview this morning. Both interviews went very well and we were approved. We were told the oath will be on May 15th and we should get oath letters in the mail soon. Thank you all....Please let me know if any one else has oath on this date and if you got the oath letter.

Receipt date: 12/30/2010
FP Notice: 1/8/2010
FP Date: 1/27/2010
Case sent to Tampa - 2/24/2010 (per online status)
IL Sent- Feb 23, 2010
ID - April 15, 2010 (passed)
OL - ??
OD - ??

Trialanderror, when is your oath ceremony? My interview was today and we may be at the same ceremony, please keep posted...

thanks

i had my interview today at 10 am, it went smooth and perfect, the IO did a great job by trying to get me to attend next week ceremony, because me leaving overseas , and she said they will send my letter tonight. so i hope i can get it by next Monday or Tuesday... i cant wait..

Yes she got the oath letter the same week as her interview, its scheduled for April 22nd in the afternoon

Hey yes I did get my oath letter as well I just didn't realize I had it lol my mother thought it was an important letter and put it away and forgot to tell me lol. but yes I have the interview for Thursday the 22 in the afternoon as well so I might see you and your wife there.

Hey guys,

After you take oath, do you ever get an offical approval letter from USCIS via mail for your N-400?? Or just the certificate of naturalization?