Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Hello all,

Today, September 4th, I received my form N-445, or "Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony"... I was jumping like a kid with a new toy due to the excitement! I've been checking my P.O. box everyday on my lunck break for 8 days looking for this letter :D. It feels really good to know your imigration journey is almost over now!

I've been scheduled for Thursday, September 24th at 12:30PM and the location is Tampa Convention Center, first floor. OL was prepared and mailed yesterday, and it instructs to fill out page # 2 and bring it together with your GC and other docs if applicable.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting for one thing or the other and thank you all for your support and participating on this forum! I relied a lot on each and every one of the participants to help me through the naturalization process, get info, etc... Plus I was able to compare deadlines, see how everything was looking, or how fast the process was going in hopes my case would be similar... And it was! I can't believe the whole thing took less than 4 months (I mailed my application on 05/28)!!!

Gill1999 - I guess I will see you that day at T.C.C. :)

Thanks again! ;)

Sincerely,

Y.

Congrats buddy! Good job!!

As for me, I still haven't received mine yet :(, even though we passed the test the same day. I hope I get it soon!

Is any buddy ask to change his name durant n400 or in the interview cause me i did ,and peaple say for name change the oath will be held in court.so please if any buddy ask for name change?

Thanks!

As for me, I still haven't received mine yet :(, even though we passed the test the same day. I hope I get it soon!

busupshot83,

Thanks for taking the time to congratulate me! I'm sure you will be receiving OL anytime now... Keep us posted! :)

Y.

Good luck

Hi Busupshot83,

I hope all okay. You still have 2 weeks to go , so I believe you may receive the oath letter anytime. Again good luck!

Today is a good day!

I received my oath letter today (9/11/2009)... it is scheduled for the following:

September 28, 2009 @ 8:00 A.M.

Thanks everyone for the help and support! I could have never done it without you all!! :)

I received my oath letter today (9/11/2009)... it is scheduled for the following:

Thanks everyone for the help and support! I could have never done it without you all!! :)

busupshot83,

Great News! CONGRATS!!! I had checked early this morning looking for any updates from you. Very exciting. Woohoo! Is it at T.C.C.? Just wondering since mine is there but on the 24th.

Sincerely,

Y.

busupshot83,

Great News! CONGRATS!!! I had checked early this morning looking for any updates from you. Very exciting. Woohoo! Is it at T.C.C.? Just wondering since mine is there but on the 24th.

Sincerely,

Y.

Ytorno:

Thanks for the congrats buddy! Our sharing of timelines was especially helpful :), so I would like to personally thank you for that.

Yes, my oath is at the Tampa Convention Center. Good luck!

[busupshot83,

Great News! CONGRATS-CONGRATS-CONGRATTTTTTTTTTTSS
i'm stiil waiting , more then two weeks got infopass and they told me soon i will get my oath letter ,i didnot get any things so i went back 4 days ago and they told me i need supervisor approved ,and i have to wait (by the way the women in the counter called another women that she said she is the supervisor).since my interview it's been 64 days.I did ask for name change durant the interview. interview passed.

Last edited by a moderator:
[busupshot83,

Great News! CONGRATS-CONGRATS-CONGRATTTTTTTTTTTSS
i'm stiil waiting , more then two weeks got infopass and they told me soon i will get my oath letter ,i didnot get any things so i went back 4 days ago and they told me i need supervisor approved ,and i have to wait (by the way the women in the counter called another women that she said she is the supervisor).since my interview it's been 64 days.I did ask for name change durant the interview. interview passed.

Akhs:

Thanks friend for the kinds words :).

Your name change is most likely the reason things are taking so long. This entire immigration process is similar to a track race: you have made it all around the track and are approaching the finish line, don't give up now! Some stories to help the time pass:

http://devforums.immigrationportal....&chooseEntriesPerPage=&subcatId=117&isSearch=

Congratulations , congratulations.... congrat....

Good news Busupshot83,
I am very happy for you. All the best and enjoy. We will meet at the oath ceremony.

@akhs: do you know if Sep 24th oath ceremony is judicial or not?
In clear, can somebody change his name on Sep 24th?

Good news Busupshot83,
I am very happy for you. All the best and enjoy. We will meet at the oath ceremony.

@akhs: do you know if Sep 24th oath ceremony is judicial or not?
In clear, can somebody change his name on Sep 24th?

Sirus:

Thank you for the kind words. Congrats to you too, I did not realize we had the same oath date :p. Are you relieved this "adventure" is over?

Thanks

Ytorno:

Thanks for the congrats buddy! Our sharing of timelines was especially helpful :), so I would like to personally thank you for that.

Yes, my oath is at the Tampa Convention Center. Good luck!

busupshot83,

Thank You for sharing your timeline with me and the rest of the participants... It has indeed been very helpful. Good Luck to you as well. :D

Finally Had my interview on Wednesday 9/16 after multiple reschedules.
The interview was easy and it took only around 10-15 mins. Waiting for oath letter now
Does anyone know when the Oath Day is in October?
FP: 12/30/2008
IL: 2/12/2009
ID: 4/1/2009 (descheduled)
IL: 5/25/2009
ID: 6/23/2009 (descheduled)
IL: 7/25/2009
ID: 8/10/2009 (descheduled based on my request as I was out of country)
IL: 8/12/2009
ID: 9/16/2009 (passed)
OL: ? (expecting to be in October)
OD: ?

October oath dates

Finally Had my interview on Wednesday 9/16 after multiple reschedules.
The interview was easy and it took only around 10-15 mins. Waiting for oath letter now
Does anyone know when the Oath Day is in October?
FP: 12/30/2008
IL: 2/12/2009
ID: 4/1/2009 (descheduled)
IL: 5/25/2009
ID: 6/23/2009 (descheduled)
IL: 7/25/2009
ID: 8/10/2009 (descheduled based on my request as I was out of country)
IL: 8/12/2009
ID: 9/16/2009 (passed)
OL: ? (expecting to be in October)
OD: ?

Hi Nair, you can check with the Tampa convention centre on theri website , Usually they have more accurate info if you call them as the website is not updated all the time

hi sirus
I am very happy for you. Enjoy your oath ceremony.
Finally I’m done with all this stress.
I just got today my oath letter it’s going to be in district court of Tampa on October 21.
I’m really very happy I did it.

Oath Ceremony

Hello All,

Yesterday, September 24th, I officially became a US citizen.:D The ceremony, held at Tampa Convention Center - Ballroom C, was very neat. There were 505 applicants being naturalized from 88 different countries.
After the whole thing was over, we were able to register to vote, and there were agents from the Airport and Ehrlich Post Offices accepting passport applications, but the line was enormous... So, I decided to go to the Clerk of Court, which is only five minutes away, (419 N Pierce St.) and I was out of there in 20 minutes.

I will let everyone know as soon as I get my passport. I'm just very excited the whole process is over now and that it took a bit less than 4 months!

Good Luck to everyone waiting for one thing or the other.

Sincerely,

Y.

Hi All,

On Sep 24th, 2009 I became a proud USC. Thank you to every body during all the process.
I will like to thank specially Bobysmith, all Tampa applicants, WBH.

The oath ceremony was scheduled at 08:00 at Tampa Convention Center but I was there around at 08:45 and it took 10 min to find the parking area and was in the ceremony room at 08:55 and the ceremony started at 09:10.
It was wonderful ceremony with 500 applicants. All was done at 10:40.

Thank you again for your support and care. I will continue to read this wonderful site

Last edited by a moderator:
Passport Received

Hello Guys,
Yesterday, October 1st, I received my passport after only one week of having applied! I was pleasantly surprised... My certificate didn't come with it, but they do send a pamphlet letting you know it may be sent together with or separate from the passport. I'm hoping I get it today or tomorrow. :)
My whole process (from the day I sent my paperwork to receipt of passport) took 126 days (exactly 18 weeks) only!!!
I wanted to thank everyone again for their support and posting their experiences/timelines... It helped me tremendously!!!
Good Luck to all and the best of lucks.

Warmest Regards,

Yandro.

18 weeks!!

Mine took 6 months, from dropping my application in the mail to receiving my passport. But, all in all, this site (forums.immigration.com) was a tremendous help.

I was about to pay $350 for a lawyer, just to do the paperwork. A fellow Canadian friend said you don't need one, your process is simple.

After looking back, it was very simple.

TSC - Tampa DO (TSC - Texas Service Center)
03/25/1996 : L-1A Intracompany Transfer Work Visa (no Green Card required)
04/18/1997 : My Wedding Day!
08/09/1999 : Recieved Permanent Residency (Green Card - GC)
01/30/2009 : Certified Mail N-400 to Texas Lockbox.
02/02/2009 : Priority Date.
02/05/2009 : Notice Date.
02/06/2009 : Check Cashed ($675).
02/10/2009 : NOA Received ( I-797C) Notice Of Action
02/17/2009 : FingerPrint Notice Received ( I-797C).
03/03/2009 : FingerPrint Appointment & Done.
03/13/2009 : Interview Letter (IL).
04/30/2009 : Interview Date (ID) APPROVED!!!
05/25/2009 : Oath Letter (OL).
06/17/2009 : Oath Date (OD).
06/17/2009 : Passport (Applied)
07/17/2009 : Passport (Received)