Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Hi akhs
That's good. I hope the next oath ceremony is September 24th. So we may get our letter on around August 31st (Just a guess).

Do you have any news on your side?

Help, no tax returns for interview.

The interview letter I received says to bring the following:

- the interview letter
- green card
- Selective Service proof
- passport
- marriage certification
- spouse's birth certificate

However, the USCIS' website has a list (N-659) which states to also bring the following:

- tax returns for the past three years

I already submitted my tax returns along with my N-400 application... do I still need these for the interview? My interview is next week and I do not have another set of tax returns.

Hi sirus
i don't think you and i going to be in the same ceremony, because i change my name in the interview .And the IO told me the process take more time because it's the court who change the name so maybe the ceremony going to be in court.

mh66ii,

It depends from case to case. Sometime it take same day oath to 4 months, even up to 5 years.
We have been waiting for more than a month.
Are you Tampa applicant? where are you in the process?

- the interview letter
- green card
- passport
- marriage certification

However, the USCIS' website has a list (N-659) which states to also bring the following:

I already submitted my tax returns along with my N-400 application... do I still need these for the interview? My interview is next week and I do not have another set of tax returns.

busupshot83,

You could call the IRS and have them fax your Tax Transcripts. That's what I did, and those are the documents I'm bringing to my interview this Wednesday, so I suggest you do the same (just the same way someone suggested me to do so :D). For your convenience, I am including the link to the the IRS page where you can find all the info you need (phone #, etc.). Hope this helps and good luck on your interview!!!

irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Interview Over and Done With!!!

Hello all,
Today, August 26th, I passed my interview... Yeah! I got there like 30 minutes before my scheduled interview time, I handed my appointment letter to the officer at the door and he sent me to the trailer and mentioned my name would be called shortly. Right by the time I was scheduled, I was called, passed through the security checkpoint, and was given directions to take a seat and wait at another area of the building. Two minutes after, a very nice older lady called my name, introduced herself as the officer who would be conducting my interview, took me to her office, sworn me in, and invited me to take a seat.
First, and for the most part, we went over the whole application paperwork, she made a few annotations, had me sign and initial here and there, made sure that all the info to be included on Naturalization Certificate was correct, had me sign that as well, etc.
Right after that she proceeded to ask the next questions:
  1. What is freedom of religion?
  2. When was the Constitution written?
  3. Name one state that borders Canada.
  4. What ocean is on the east coast of the US?
  5. When do young men register for the Selective Service?
For some reason, I can't recall the last question... She stopped after the sixth because I had answered all of them right. Then, she had me read: "What do we pay to the US government?", and write the answer she gave me: "We pay taxes to the US government". Once we completed this, she handed me form N-652 with the results of the interview, congratulated me, wished me luck, and mentioned I should be receiving the invitation for the Oath Ceremony within a week or so, and that I will most likely be on the one for September 24th in the afternoon.
I'm so glad the interview is over!!! All I have to do now is wait for my Oath Letter... My experience at USCIS today was very pleasant. Everyone there was very courteous and polite, and Patricia Dwyer, the officer that conducted my interview, was extremely courteous, polite, and sweet.
Good Luck to you all and, please, go to you interview calmed and feeling confident 'cause is anything but scary. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ytorno,

Good news for you and congratulations!
You have done a great job and good luck.
Please kindly inform us when you receive your oath letter.
Please kindly note that we are only 3 to 4 active members from Tampa on this site , so please continue to inform us.
I have been told also that my oath letter is on the way . I will inform you when I receive.

- the interview letter
- green card
- passport
- marriage certification

I was only required to bring to following:
- the interview letter
- green card
- Driver's License

But what I brought:
- the interview letter
- green card
- social security card
- Driver's License
- Canadian passport (expired in 2000)
- marriage certification
- spouse's previous divorce papers
- My Canadian birth certificate (Translated from French to English)

I had them with me, just in case. In the end, they only wanted to see Green Card, Driver's License and interview letter.

Bring everything!

Hello and Thanks!

Hi Ytorno,

Good news for you and congratulations!
You have done a great job and good luck.
Please kindly inform us when you receive your oath letter.
Please kindly note that we are only 3 to 4 active members from Tampa on this site , so please continue to inform us.
I have been told also that my oath letter is on the way . I will inform you when I receive.

sirus,

Thanks a million for your nice message. I will make sure I keep you and the rest of the active members on this thread posted on the details of my process... Hope you get your OL soon. Take care and keep us posted of your progress as well.

Regards,

Y.

busupshot83,

You could call the IRS and have them fax your Tax Transcripts. That's what I did, and those are the documents I'm bringing to my interview this Wednesday, so I suggest you do the same (just the same way someone suggested me to do so :D). For your convenience, I am including the link to the the IRS page where you can find all the info you need (phone #, etc.). Hope this helps and good luck on your interview!!!

irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Thanks for the info, but the IRS rejected my request to fax the transcripts.

Today was my interview... I was so nervous :eek:.

My appointment was at 8:50 A.M. at the Tampa location on West Cypress Street. I got there at 8:30 A.M., and was instructed to walk around the building to the dingy ol' white trailer in the back. I used this time to review my notes on American History. I had time to review the 100 questions before they called my name.

Interestingly, when they called for me via speaker, they used the following format: "FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME" (they did not use my last name). Anyhow, I exited the trailer, and went back around the building to the front entrance, where a guard allowed me to enter. After being instructed to the proper seating area, I sat there for about five more minutes before a male USCIS officer came out and greeted me (again, with the format "FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME").

As soon as I entered his office, he made me stand up, raise my right hand, and take an oath to tell the truth. Afterwards, he questioned why my wife was not present. I told him that the interview letter did not instruct me to bring her, and that she was at work. He told me that although it does not state that, I should have brought her :(. I thought he was going to make me come back in 60-90 days, but he then proceeded to go ask me a few questions about my marriage:

"Where did you meet your wife? Did you meet her here (Florida)?"
"Are you and your wife still married?"
"Where do you two current reside at?"

He then asked me for my passport and green card, and began going over my application with me, making sure the information was correct.

For the reading test, I was asked to read the following:

"Who lives in the White House?"

For the writing test, I was asked to write the following:

"The President lives in the White House."

For the history test, I was asked a total of six questions, all of which I answered correctly. Some of the questions asked:

"What is one promise you make when you become a U.S. Citizen?"
"Who was the first President?"
"Who lives in the White House?"
"What movement tried to end racial discrimination?"
"Name two national U.S. holidays."

I forget what the last question was :p.

The officer told me that I had passed, shook my hand, and then told me that my oath date would be during the week of 9/21/2009. I exited with a huge smile on my face :D.

Thank you everyone for all the help over the past couple of months, I really appreciate it!

Ytorno, I was the male with a yellow polo and jeans on :cool:.

I will update you all regarding my oath in the near future.

I was only required to bring to following:
- the interview letter
- green card
- Driver's License

But what I brought:
- the interview letter
- green card
- social security card
- Driver's License
- Canadian passport (expired in 2000)
- marriage certification
- spouse's previous divorce papers
- My Canadian birth certificate (Translated from French to English)

I had them with me, just in case. In the end, they only wanted to see Green Card, Driver's License and interview letter.

Bring everything!

Thanks buddy! I was only asked for my passport and green card.

Hello

Thanks for the info, but the IRS rejected my request to fax the transcripts.

busupshot83,

Congratulations on successfully passing your interview! That's awesome!!! :) Also, sorry to hear that the IRS wouldn't fax transcripts to you. Well, at least you didn't need them (nor did I). All I was asked for was my DL and GC even though I had a binder with every single thing I thought, or was told, they could ask from me.
I don't think I could've possible ran across you since my interview was at 10:10AM and I didn't get there until 9:35AM or so, but I was in a dark blue suit.:D
I thught it was weird, but the AO that interviewed me mentioned I'd be most likely invited to the September 24th Oath Ceremony, but I always thought September 21st was the next one... Who knows??? Maybe the excitement affected my listening skills.
Anyways, CONGRATS again, and I will make sure I update my signature once OL is received... Have a great one!!!

Regards,

Y.

I got my passport 2 days ago, pretty darn quick I may say. I applied for with Expedited Service and got it just 8 days later!! holy cow!. The passport arrived first, and the certificate 2 days later.

I applied through a "Clerk of Court" office in my county, had to pay an extra $25 bucks to do it there but at least they don't work by appointment. My local USPS offices were all booked out with appointments for the week, it was worth going to the other place.

Interview Tampa 25th Aug.

Hi people, I had my interview at the Tampa office and was aproved. I had called the Tampa Convention Centre earlier and was told that 21st Sept. has been booked by DHS. Hoping I will get my oath letter for that date.

Timeline
Application sent 05/17/09
NOA 05/19/09
Priority Date 05/19/09
Fingerprint date 06/19/09
Interview letter recieved 07/**/09
Interview date 08/25/09
Approved 08/25/09

busupshot83,

Congratulations on successfully passing your interview! That's awesome!!! :) Also, sorry to hear that the IRS wouldn't fax transcripts to you. Well, at least you didn't need them (nor did I). All I was asked for was my DL and GC even though I had a binder with every single thing I thought, or was told, they could ask from me.
I don't think I could've possible ran across you since my interview was at 10:10AM and I didn't get there until 9:35AM or so, but I was in a dark blue suit.:D
I thught it was weird, but the AO that interviewed me mentioned I'd be most likely invited to the September 24th Oath Ceremony, but I always thought September 21st was the next one... Who knows??? Maybe the excitement affected my listening skills.
Anyways, CONGRATS again, and I will make sure I update my signature once OL is received... Have a great one!!!

Regards,

Y.

Congrats to you too! Yeah, the officer told me the exact date I would be invited to, but I could not retain the information due to my excitement. All I know is that it is the week of September 21, 2009.

Hi people, I had my interview at the Tampa office and was aproved. I had called the Tampa Convention Centre earlier and was told that 21st Sept. has been booked by DHS. Hoping I will get my oath letter for that date.

Timeline
Application sent 05/17/09
NOA 05/19/09
Priority Date 05/19/09
Fingerprint date 06/19/09
Interview letter recieved 07/**/09
Interview date 08/25/09
Approved 08/25/09

Congrats Gill!

Hi

Updated Timeline Below:

Tampa District Office (DO)
05/28/09 : N-400 Sent via USPS Express Mail® to TSC (Texas Service Center).
05/29/09 : N-400 Received.
05/29/09 : Priority Date.
06/01/09 : Check Cashed ($675).
06/01/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA) Date.
06/05/09 : NOA Received.
06/13/09 : Fingerprints Notice Received.
06/25/09 : Fingerprints Appointment - Done per schedule!
07/16/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Date.
07/19/09 : Interview Letter (IL) Received - Yeah
08/26/09 : Interview Date (ID).
**/**/09 : Oath Letter (OL).
**/**/09 : Oath Date (OD).

I had myu interview on the 25th Aug. Update pls as soon as you get yr oath letter , i`ll do the same

Hello All,

I did call Tampa Convention center, they said it is Sep 24th, one of the oath ceremony will be at 08:00 and dont know the time for the second ceremony.
It depends who you call, but if you call the Management, they will give you the right time.
Hope this help.