Tampa FL - N-400 Timeline

Thanks to all the organizers and members of this board, finally, I got my U.S. Passport and Certificate of Naturalization in the mail this morning. I'm so happy and I'll forever be grateful to this board.

Good luck to those who are still on their Citizenship journey. May you have a smooth and quick process as I did.

My timeline:

D/O Tampa
03/02/2009 Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox
03/04/2009 Delivery Received
03/10/2009 Check Cashed
03/10/2009 Notice Date
03/14/2009 NOA Received
03/04/2009 Priority Date
03/20/2009 Fringerprint Notice Date
04/07/2009 Fingerprint Appointment Done
04/21/2009 Interview Letter Mailed
04/25/2009 Interview Letter Received
06/04/2009 Date of Interview - PASSED!
06/08/2008 Date Oath Letter Sent
06/10/2009 Date Oath Letter Received
07/03/2009 Oath - Proud and Happy U.S. Citizen
07/07/2009 Applied for Passport - Regular Service
08/01/2009 Passport and Certificate of Citizenship Arrived:D

congratulations!

:)

Missed Oath Ceremony

During my interview I told the officer that I was going to be unable to attend the ceremony in July so to PLEASE schedule me for August. Well, she didn't. I was scheduled for July. As stated in the form I returned the form with an explanation and requested again to be scheduled for August. A few days ago I got an I-797C stating that I just missed the ceremony and that I needed to wait for a reschedule. My wife did get scheduled for the August ceremony which is next Friday.

I called the 800 number but they couldn't do anything for me. Apparently the information related to my case has already left the Call Center DB or something. Does anyone know a number I can call at the local office in Tampa to see if they can schedule me for next week's ceremony?

Thanks.

During my interview I told the officer that I was going to be unable to attend the ceremony in July so to PLEASE schedule me for August. Well, she didn't. I was scheduled for July. As stated in the form I returned the form with an explanation and requested again to be scheduled for August. A few days ago I got an I-797C stating that I just missed the ceremony and that I needed to wait for a reschedule. My wife did get scheduled for the August ceremony which is next Friday.

I called the 800 number but they couldn't do anything for me. Apparently the information related to my case has already left the Call Center DB or something. Does anyone know a number I can call at the local office in Tampa to see if they can schedule me for next week's ceremony?

Thanks.

I would do an infopass visit with my wife. Bring along proof of having sent reschedule request and wife's oath letter. You might get a spot....

Oath letter

I have completed my interview in July in Tampa, FL and waiting for decsion. Please kindly inform me if anybody received an oath letter since August 1st, 2009

I have completed my interview in July 2009 in Tampa, FL and waiting for decsion. Please kindly inform me if anybody received an oath letter since August 1st, 2009

No, I have not asked name change.
Do anybody receive Oath letter lately (from August 1st, 2009)

Oath letter tampa

Hi S1994,

Did you received oath letter yet. Please kindly update
All Tampa applicants, please kindly be nice to exchange more on Citizenship issues as other cities.
Thank you for your kind help

Hi So1994,

All Tampa applicants, please kindly be nice to exchange more on Citizenship issues as other cities.

Hi akhs,

Did you get any news regarding your oath letter?
Please kindly inform me as soon as you receive your oath letter.
Thank you very much for your input.

Hi S1994,

I received my oath letter back in July.

Keep in touch

Hello akhs,

Please keep in touch. I will inform you when I receive my oath letter. Please inform me when you receive yours.
Good luck.

Oath Ceremony.

Today I became a U.S. Citizen. My immigration journey is finally over! :)). I was part of the 2nd ceremony today (one previously done this morning). There were 502 applications from 80 different nations around the globe. The process was very smooth regardless of the amount of people there. We were given our Naturalization Certificates and there were 15 Post Office employees taking applications for passports. You could also register to vote too.

I know there were other people on this forum that did the oath ceremony today, hopefully everything went well for them too.

Good luck to all those waiting.

God Bless America! :)

My complete timeline below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was part of the first ceremony today. There were about 510 applications from 85 different nations. All went well, i had to leave for work, will apply for my PP sometime soon.

Hi fjmb23 and So1994,

Please kindly advise how long the oath will take and what are the main parts of the oah process.
How long passport application did take you?

Thank you in advance.