Talked to IIO - Don't know if I should trust her

gcwait000

Registered Users (C)
After waiting for abt 15 mins finally spoke to a grumpy IIO but I am not sure if I really believe what she said. Here is how it went:

Me : Hi...can I please get my case status...my Eac # is EAC.....
IIO : We are currently processing applications which were received before Sept15'01, so yr RD should give u an idea of where yr case is.
Me : OK, But my RD is Aug17'01
IIO : Oh ok..(heard a few key strokes) we show that we asked for additional info and.. mmmmmm.....rcvd additional info on Aug20. (RFE)
and then there was that dreaded long pause/silence ..I was like
AND................. :( but ofcourse I did not say that
Me : So can you please tell me where my file is - Workload Distribution, assigned to an officer etc.

IIO : It is in the workload distribution area. We had a 10 day internal audit coz of which there has been a slowdown.
....and then silence again

Me : I understand... I also have a EAD app that I would like status on and the EAC # is EAC....
After few key strokes...
IIO : It is assigned to an officer ..but that was just yesterday and u should hear something back in 30 days.
Me : I am going to be screwed coz my EAD expires before that (Ofcourse I did not say this but instead I had to say..ok mam bye bye thanks very much for yr help.)

I am so pissed right now. :( This is really frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing to trust in...

She didn't tell you anything - you basically enlightened her on your case's new developments.

you are in better situation

My file is altogether misdirected. GOD only knows when it will be asigned, when I get RFE(Job change, informed) and they will approve. Not in the near future.

Re: There's nothing to trust in...

Originally posted by Russian Ivan
She didn't tell you anything - you basically enlightened her on your case's new developments.

Exactly my point. They are still singing the same old Audit song!

Re: There's nothing to trust in...

Originally posted by Russian Ivan

Exactly my point. They are still singing the same old Audit song!

Last time I called I was told that my case is still pending. Well thanks to RealCanandian I have gained some knowledge since.
So instead of just asking what is my case status and them saying Pending, this time I asked them a multiple choice question.
I am not sure whether my case is really in WD area or did she just pick a choice. :mad:

Same boat

Hi ,
I am also in the same boat.Here are me I-485 details
RD AUG -17-01
ND OCT-12-01
and my reciept no is EAC-02010530XX

And my current EAD is expiring next week.I had applied for renewal AUG 23-02 RD( had submited my details to attorney in July and he wasted 3 weeks, and he didn't send my photos where I got RFE for that otherwise I would have got my EAD by now) ,reciept no is EAC-02270507xx
AUG 26-02 ND and I am still waiting for my renewal EAD.I did talk to IIO's last two days and they said both of my cases arew in final stages and god knows what that means.My guess is some lazy f**** ***hole is siting with the files doing nothing.And he doen't realize the importance of our EAD's and green cards.It is totally frustrating and impacting our work life as well as personal life.I even went to local INS and they said that I have to wait till Nov'23(which is 90 days from my RD ) to get an interin EAD.If you can can you post your receipt notices for I-485 as well as EAD renewal, just to see tthe time lines.It is totally frustrating and annoying.
:confused: :confused: :eek:

Re: Re: There's nothing to trust in...

Originally posted by gcwait000
Last time I called I was told that my case is still pending. Well thanks to RealCanandian I have gained some knowledge since...
I am not sure whether my case is really in WD area or did she just pick a choice.

I am glad that I was able to help in a limited way, and I am sorry you have received such bad news. It could be possible that your case is still in WD; you didn't get distributed before the audit and you're still waiting. Of course the IIO could be saying anything to get rid of you.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed for you. :)

Re: Same boat

I hear ya! My case dates are exactly same as yrs.

Here are my details :

RD : Aug17
ND : Oct12
Rfe rcvd by Ins : Aug20

EAD

RD : Sept30

My EAD expires end of this month. The reason I waited so long to apply for my renewal was coz one of the smart IIO's told me
"It taking 2-3 weeks for approval these days so I would wait till sept to send in the renewal"

I called them even after sending in the RFE and I got the same answer - yr case may be approved before yr EAD expires so wait.
I am kicking myself now and asking myself this question - " Have I not learnt anything from this board and experiences other folks have had" I sent the renewal early Sept but I guess it was delayed coz of the audit mess.

Guys first of all I really feel sorry about the mess.Second thanks for valuable input. My EAD is expiring 30th January and my I-485 RD is 22nd October but after listening all these I am going to mail EAD renewal today. I have kept all the papers ready but I was waiting a little more since Oct approvals are going on but I better not take chances and since EAD renewal form is very easy so I am directly applying instead of sending it to lawyer who are just there to eat money....
Good luck to you all !

I would say wait till Oct30 and then send in the renewal. I think you anyway can't apply before 90 days. $120 isn't really worth taking any risks and beside there is a lesson to be learnt from the experiences other folks on this board have had.

Btw, I forgot to mention that INS cleared my EAD checks on 10/04.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it helps to call them once a week. I did that. There is always a good chance you may get some sensible, sympathetic officer as I did last week who will enlighten you. If they tell you case under review or final stage, it usually means you are almost there. A week or two.

trust?

they told me that my case was assigned since early sept. and wait 4 more weeks, then they said 2 more weeks, and then by mid of oct...then when???

it's really the INS guys!

Best of luck to all of us here in this board.

HOI
:cool:

Re: Same boat

Hi Vermont9,

I too got an RFE for my EAD. Is it true that when there is an RFE the 90 day clock for interim EADs stops until the RFE response reaches INS?

I understand you too got an RFE. I would be very grateful for any information on the Interim EAD rule. Please help me.

EAD details:

RD : Aug 08 (never got receipt from INS)
RFE: 27 Aug (recd RFE on 04Sept)
RFE response recd by INS: 03 Oct

Approval: ???

Originally posted by vermont9
Hi ,
I am also in the same boat.Here are me I-485 details
RD AUG -17-01
ND OCT-12-01
and my reciept no is EAC-02010530XX

And my current EAD is expiring next week.I had applied for renewal AUG 23-02 RD( had submited my details to attorney in July and he wasted 3 weeks, and he didn't send my photos where I got RFE for that otherwise I would have got my EAD by now) ,reciept no is EAC-02270507xx
AUG 26-02 ND and I am still waiting for my renewal EAD.I did talk to IIO's last two days and they said both of my cases arew in final stages and god knows what that means.My guess is some lazy f**** ***hole is siting with the files doing nothing.And he doen't realize the importance of our EAD's and green cards.It is totally frustrating and impacting our work life as well as personal life.I even went to local INS and they said that I have to wait till Nov'23(which is 90 days from my RD ) to get an interin EAD.If you can can you post your receipt notices for I-485 as well as EAD renewal, just to see tthe time lines.It is totally frustrating and annoying.
:confused: :confused: :eek:

What was RFE in your case?
I am applying for EAD on my own not thru lawyer so I am a little scared to hear about RFEs for EAD renewal
I guess they need
Application,
Photos,
Fee,
I-485 receipt,
I-94s copy
curent EAD copy,
Mailer that came with curent EAD

IS ANYTHING ELSE NEEDED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Thanks

Re: Re: Same boat

Originally posted by NarayanKatar
Hi Vermont9,

I too got an RFE for my EAD. Is it true that when there is an RFE the 90 day clock for interim EADs stops until the RFE response reaches INS?

I understand you too got an RFE. I would be very grateful for any information on the Interim EAD rule. Please help me.

EAD details:

RD : Aug 08 (never got receipt from INS)
RFE: 27 Aug (recd RFE on 04Sept)
RFE response recd by INS: 03 Oct

Approval: ???

Now I am really worried. I did not know that they issue a RFE for EAD RENEWAL as well specially if you already have a 485 application pending. What was yr RFE for?
I am guessing that assigned to officer doesn't really mean that you are past the RFE hump - right?
U get a RFE only after being assigned to an officer!

I got a RFE for 485 and as I have mentioned in my original post the response has already been rcvd. Is there a chance that I may get a RFE for EAD as well (I know anything is possible with INS) .....I am just getting paranoid and nervous since I am so damn close to the expiration date.
:confused:

yes I am also surprised to hear that people are gettingh RFES for renewal too. I think this is very straight forward and no one should get a RFE if he has submitted the documents that I listed in my last posting

gcwait000 I don't think you will get RFE for EAD renewal if you have submitted all the listed documents but I am not an expert and would like to have others opinion too.

As regards t o "assigned to officer", yes you get a RFE, if any, only after this stage

To clarify; mine is not an EAD renewal. This is a first time EAD appln. There was some processing error becoz of which I was asked to send some of the same documents I had already sent (I-94/approval notice etc). After much debate and thought my lawyer decided its better to send whats asked for (although there was no mistake at our end) and did so, rather than tell INS that this is a mistake etc.

gcwait:So dont worry. There will not be another RFE for your EAD. But I can understand your anxiety. Anything happens - and then you realize thats also a possibility. So far I have not heard of 2 RFEs for the same case. SO hope it stays that way.

My question still is when will I be eligible for an Interim EAD.

RD: Aug 8. Will it be Nov 3rd ? (90 days)
or do I have to add the RFE period.?

Grateful for views on this.
gcwait

Originally posted by bakshi
yes I am also surprised to hear that people are gettingh RFES for renewal too. I think this is very straight forward and no one should get a RFE if he has submitted the documents that I listed in my last posting

gcwait000 I don't think you will get RFE for EAD renewal if you have submitted all the listed documents but I am not an expert and would like to have others opinion too.

As regards t o "assigned to officer", yes you get a RFE, if any, only after this stage

Bakshi,

Sorry if I was not clear. Mine is not a renewal. Please see my previous post on this. Renewals go through easily unless there is some technical problm (like fee no recd or photos are bad etc)

RFE

Hi All,
My *** hole attorney didn't submit photos for EAD renewal and that is the RFE I recieved.But see the responses I think my RFE is related to initial checking process and not with IIO officer.And I guess seeeing the way things are one may get an RFE when the case is assigned to the officer.Hope nothing like that happens.And related to getting an Interim EAD after RFE is issued and 90 days has crossed that is a good question and I am not sure about that.I will try to find out from an attorney if possible.

Sorry Narayan, I don't know the answer to yr question.
I would think that RFE time does not count as a part of 90 day period but that is just my guess work.