Talked to IIO - Don't know if I should trust her

Does anyone know if INS keeps a log of calls. I want to call again next week and may be I will get lucky and talk to some nice IIO.

Never Take Risks

hello all

After reading these messages, i would like to share my experience. my RD is 08/22. spoke 3 times with different IIOs since end of july and each time i was told that my case may be approved within a couple of weeks.

when i was told the second time in mid-august, i didn't take a chance and applied for the EAD renewal. i received the new EAD within 2 weeks, but am still waiting for my 485.

i would say never take chances based on the IIO response. i have been waiting for the 2 weeks to pass since july 2002. God knows when will that happen.

good luck!

RD 08/22
ND 10/16

Originally posted by gcwait000
Does anyone know if INS keeps a log of calls. I want to call again next week and may be I will get lucky and talk to some nice IIO.

Yes, I have heard that they do so often. This is because if there is some major problem/delay with yr application, your lawyer could put up the matter before the AILA-VSC liaison. VSC will then check the IIO log to see if any effort was made to check with IIOs and waht happened etc etc.

But I dont think they can jeopardize your case if you call. Besides you are expected to call at reasonable time intervals. like if the IIO said 2 weeks , call after 2 weeks. Otherwise whats the service for?

Man, this whole process makes us all paranoid. I will have to see a shrink soon!!

Re: RFE

Originally posted by vermont9
Hi All,
My *** hole attorney didn't submit photos for EAD renewal and that is the RFE I recieved.But see the responses I think my RFE is related to initial checking process and not with IIO officer.And I guess seeeing the way things are one may get an RFE when the case is assigned to the officer.Hope nothing like that happens.And related to getting an Interim EAD after RFE is issued and 90 days has crossed that is a good question and I am not sure about that.I will try to find out from an attorney if possible.

Thanks Vermont9,

Please let us know once your EAD is approved. Looks like there is a general slowdown in processing EAD RFE responses.

Also if you have any info on Interim EAD rules please post it. I too will be checking by going to the local INS office to get information on when I can get an Interim EAD. Will post any info I get.

Thanks