talk to IIo and got to know interview date

Not yet

Dunno if its worth going to the Houston office. Its only been 2 months that my case got transferred to the local office. Any updates on your cases??

later.

Update

Received a notice from the BCIS houston yesterday to redo my Finger Prints. Me and my wife did our first first FP back in 04/2002 My wife didnt yet receive the FP notice.

later.

Good sign

Apprently they were putting your data into the system and found that your fingerprints needed updating. If I believe my lawyer, it would be max six months for your interview (but who knows, I am still waiting). Hang in there man !!! At least now you know that they recognize your presence, just kidding!!

Wella

So whats up with my wifes FP. We both did our first FP's same day on 04/2002. She didnt yet receive the notice for redoing her FP and shez going to India next week. I was just wondering what wud happen if she has a FP scheduled while she is in India.

later.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exact opposite happened with me and my wife. Although I am the primary applicant, she receieved her fingerprint notice about six months after the transfer (July 2002), and I hadn't. Well, finally I got my fingerprint notice last February, and did it.

Well, if your wife's fingerprint notice comes in when she is in India, there is no problem because she can go on the make-up day (which is Wednesday of every week). However, she has to be fingerprinted within 84 days of the notice date (not absolutely sure about the exact number of days). Your notice clearly advices about the make-up days.

Hang in there man, I am trying!

Visited BCIS office

Me and my wife visited the BCIS office this morning. Been there around 4:00 in the morning. We didnt get any update regarding our 485 or her fingerprints. All we had to do is fill up an enquiry form and drop it in the dropbox by the cashier. Its not worth visiting just for an enquiry. Also the department that handles the 485 cases has been moved to a new location.

later.

I have got my FP notice & also they have asked me to bring W-2s and current employment letter. Did anyone of you get the same request with FP notice

Wimbledon

I got the FP notice and they asked me to get the copies of Employment letter and the W2's from my present employer who is sponcering my GC. I had my FP appointment today and I submitted the docs to the person at the front desk.

later.

Wimbledon.....

Did you figer printing?? Have a quick question for ya. Did you and your spouse get the FP's same time? I received mine and my wife didnt receive anything yet. Plz lemme know.

later.

i had to reschedule my fp as I fractured my left elbow on Saturday and my fp was on Tuesday @12.30. I am single.

Wimbledon

Sorry to hear that. I couldnt give my finger prints as I cut one on my ring fingers. They asked me to come again after the scar healed off. What a luck :(

after fingerprint

I got my interview notice six months later after my fingerprint done. Houston office is faster than TSC.

Do you guys know the numbe for FBI, I need it to check my security check result. Thank you.

visit to Houston office

I have been there several times. If you want them check your status and talk to you while your visiting, you need be there as early as 2:00 am to get one among the 25 numbers. otherwise you are only given a form to fillout and then two weeks later they send you a very short message.

FBI

304-625-5590
304-625-2406

I also read an article on the FBI web site that talks about the processing time of security checks. It takes a maximum of 120 days. They say that 98% of the cases are done in less than 30 days. This is as far as the name checks.

As for the fingerprint results usually a couple of days. The numbers above, are for the fingerprint status check, not for the other "name check"

Check this out

I-485 Standard Operating Procedure. I found this on another fourom. It is very interesting to see exactly what happens to your file once it has been submitted. It answered several questions I had. Look at the security clearence and adjudication sections!!!!