Taking a picture of Citizenship Certificate

WhichWay2Go

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Just reading in another forum about a person who lost their Certificate soon after they got it. They did not even photocopy the thing so they have no idea of the details, numbers etc on it to apply for the replacement.

I realize it should not happen, but stuff does sometimes. What I am going to do and I suggest others consider, is to take along a digital camera to the Oath Ceremony and take some pics of the Certificate right then and there.

Most cameras have a "Macro" option and this means you can take close up pics of stuff. Get into a good, well lit area, set the camera for macro and hold the camera about 15" to 18" back and you should get some really good copies.

They do not call me anally retentive for nothing. :) :D

I sometimes don't get your wit and this is one of those times.

What/who is a Stewie?

Stewie is as American as an apple pie. Jewish sense of humor sometimes flies over people, so I don't blame you. However, not knowing who Stewie is can be considered a traitor's behavior, as a liberal, I love Stewie and what he did to Brian here.. Enjoy friend and don't be too serious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfPl6qfXvcY

Last edited by a moderator:
Even better, take them in the comfort of your own home.
I think OP is worried something might happen between Oath and coming Home :), hence the idea of taking camera to Oath ceremony and snapping it *as soon* as they hand it over. Any delay between handing over and snapping pic will present with opportunity for the Nat Cert to disappear:cool:

i think op is worried something might happen between oath and coming home :), hence the idea of taking camera to oath ceremony and snapping it *as soon* as they hand it over. Any delay between handing over and snapping pic will present with opportunity for the nat cert to disappear:cool:

lol....:d

how about having a copy in your private bank box.......but what if you lose your key....or the bank goes bankcrupt and they burn your properties....or a wildfire destroys everything........just kidding! Im bored. lol

Or a giant meteorite crashes on your citizenship certificate, or Aliens invade your home and steal your digital camera (with your certificate picture on them)....
These things happen every day!!! :)

Hi All,

Just reading in another forum about a person who lost their Certificate soon after they got it. They did not even photocopy the thing so they have no idea of the details, numbers etc on it to apply for the replacement.

I realize it should not happen, but stuff does sometimes. What I am going to do and I suggest others consider, is to take along a digital camera to the Oath Ceremony and take some pics of the Certificate right then and there.

Most cameras have a "Macro" option and this means you can take close up pics of stuff. Get into a good, well lit area, set the camera for macro and hold the camera about 15" to 18" back and you should get some really good copies.

They do not call me anally retentive for nothing. :) :D

I did the exact same thing though I am not a person who loses any document unless gets stolen or burnt in a fire (none of which has happened yet - thank God).

An external flash (Nikon SB-900, for example), a flash diffuser, extra batteries, spare lenses and a couple of cameras (I would recommend Nikon D300, D700 and D3X models with Nikkor 105mm macro lens and Tamron 90mm macro spare lens), two carbon-fiber tripods (I would recommend Gitzo), sturdy and bullet-proof camera-bag, etc. could all help except some minor troubles in security check at the entrance. The total cost of all this is roughly 25 times the cost of a new naturalization certificate, but is worth it for retentively compulsive (or compulsively retentive) new citizens.

I did the exact same thing though I am not a person who loses any document unless gets stolen or burnt in a fire (none of which has happened yet - thank God).

An external flash (Nikon SB-900, for example), a flash diffuser, extra batteries, spare lenses and a couple of cameras (I would recommend Nikon D300, D700 and D3X models with Nikkor 105mm macro lens and Tamron 90mm macro spare lens), two carbon-fiber tripods (I would recommend Gitzo), sturdy and bullet-proof camera-bag, etc. could all help except some minor troubles in security check at the entrance. The total cost of all this is roughly 25 times the cost of a new naturalization certificate, but is worth it for retentively compulsive (or compulsively retentive) new citizens.

Or you can go to Kinkos, have them scan it for you for 50 cents and upload it to your online email account as an encrypted jpg or pdf ;)

Stewie is as American as an apple pie. Jewish sense of humor sometimes flies over people, so I don't blame you. However, not knowing who Stewie is can be considered a traitor's behavior, as a liberal, I love Stewie and what he did to Brian here.. Enjoy friend and don't be too serious...

Ahh, that explains things, you assumed way too much there Al.

Assumption 1:
I have not watched TV for probably 6 years. Too busy having fun with real things in life to waste time in front of the tube living vicariously.

Assumption 2:
When I get to vote it will not be for the Dems. No traitor there then.

Assumption 3:
I am rarely serious, let alone too serious, but thanks for the cautionary. :)

I will lower my viewing standards and watch the Youtube link you provided. I am still unsure as to what "I love Stewie and what he did to Brian here." means. :)

Ahh, that explains things, you assumed way too much there Al.

Assumption 1:
I have not watched TV for probably 6 years. Too busy having fun with real things in life to waste time in front of the tube living vicariously.

Assumption 2:
When I get to vote it will not be for the Dems. No traitor there then.

Assumption 3:
I am rarely serious, let alone too serious, but thanks for the cautionary. :)

I will lower my viewing standards and watch the Youtube link you provided. I am still unsure as to what "I love Stewie and what he did to Brian here." means. :)

Well.. I can assure you aren't missing anything on TV. So, continue living vicariously. I relegate my viewing time to about 5 hours a week, too busy on this side making sure Arizona isn't bankrupt....:eek:

Dems don't need your vote in AZ, it is McCain country all the way to Mexico. Liberal doesn't mean voting Democratic... you assume wrong there...:D

Excuse us for lowering your standard, how many people can lower their standard to accomodate us mere fun people? I am honored you will lower your standard for this one...::rolleyes: Do see what he did to Brian...:(

I will lower my viewing standards and watch the Youtube link you provided.

Hmmmm, good call on not watching TV for the past 6 years. There's a need for some serious growing up around here it seems if one is to find any of that humorous.

Folks wonder why some people grow up to be violent. Not hard to figure when smashing a glass in a persons 's face, beating them with a towel rail and then dunking them in can is seen as humor. All of that to sway someone's decision making process.

I will be waiting 60 years before I would look at crap like that again.

Get a life folks, play in the yard with your dog. Take your kids to the park or a decent movie. Go to the local drag-race track on track days and run the daily driver. Go for a walk with the wife. Smell the trees and the flowers, read a book, fly model planes. Toss that stupid TV out the window, your life will be better for it.

Hmmmm, good call on not watching TV for the past 6 years. There's a need for some serious growing up around here it seems if one is to find any of that humorous.

Folks wonder why some people grow up to be violent. Not hard to figure when smashing a glass in a persons 's face, beating them with a towel rail and then dunking them in can is seen as humor. All of that to sway someone's decision making process.

I will be waiting 60 years before I would look at crap like that again.

Get a life folks, play in the yard with your dog. Take your kids to the park or a decent movie. Go to the local drag-race track on track days and run the daily driver. Go for a walk with the wife. Smell the trees and the flowers, read a book, fly model planes. Toss that stupid TV out the window, your life will be better for it.

Which,

I don't have a dog, I have a 10 month old son, who doesn't watch that particular cartoon. I would be hard pressed if you haven't seen an action movie in 6 years. If not, then what you do for fun isn't universal to each and everyone. Unfortunately, mankind has violent tendencies and if you haven't experience this for yourself, you will in the next 60 years. I don't make a habit of smelling trees, that task is reserved for dogs.....before they pee...:)

Or you can go to Kinkos, have them scan it for you for 50 cents and upload it to your online email account as an encrypted jpg or pdf ;)

What if it gets lost while going to Kinkos (or may be Kinko employee doesn't handle the certificate with enough care and something happens to it)? Better safe with camera/equipment than sorry..:D

OK folks, enough fun; let's switch to other threads where contribution can be more meaningful/helpful to the poster..;)

WhichWay2Go said:

WhichWay2Go, this cartoon is not as simple and as not as silly as you may suspect by watching just a part of one episode. The less you know stuff (and by "stuff" I mean pretty much anything), the less you understand this cartoon since you are not likely to get a correct reference.