SUPERVISOR REVIEW I485 , what does it mean ?

howlongwillwait

Registered Users (C)
Hello how r u ?
Please help me , if u guys know something about my case .
I had filed Form I-485 Adjustment of Status ,I came USA by K1
It had been over 27 months since we had submitted the Form, and over 17 months from our interview.The last inforpass , they told me supervisor review , i don't know what does it mean? , how long will i wait more ? Please help !

Yeah that is a long time, I think it's high time you should think about filing a Mandamus action against USCIS, or you maybe in for a long haul.

Contact the Ombudsman and your Congressman. Give them a couple months to act. If that doesn't work, prepare to file WOM.

Thanks you guys for responding to my email ,
Normally , my case is not name check or back ground check by the FBI , Why does my case take so long and review by supervisor ?When i sent the to Congressman , they said supervisor is reviewing and can not do anything .I also send those letters to the Senator and Ombudsman , first Lady almost 1 month already , and still waiting their respond .

Looks like your case is collecting dust somewhere and the supervisor is too lazy to pick it up and look at it. Wait another 1 month for the Senator/Ombudsman/First Lady (you have to give them at least a couple months to act before filing WOM), then make an Infopass to check the status.

At the Infopass, if there is still no progress give them a letter saying you plan to file WOM in 30 days, and ask them to read it themselves and then give it to the supervisor. Also cc: the same letter to the district director. Attach a copy of your I-485 receipt, your approved I-130 (or I-130 receipt notice, if it's still pending) and your stamped fingerprint notice so they can easily identify your case. The letter should also say when you were interviewed.

Sometimes the impending threat of WOM motivates them to act on the case; that's what you have to hope for.

Is there anything complicated about your case ... criminal record, immigration violations, or you had diplomatic status? Did you enter the US with a visa waiver? There was a court ruling earlier this year that affects people who entered with the visa waiver and filed for AOS, and USCIS is putting most cases like that on hold while they decide how the court ruling should determine the outcome of those cases.

Thank you for your responding to my case , i will wait a couple months before make inforpass to check my status , if nothing change i will write a letter to them saying i will file WOM in 30 day . If i wait 45 days without a respond from them , should i go ahead and file WOM , if i file a WOM ? do i need to go to court ? Once I file a WOM , how long will it respond ?

If you're going to give them a letter saying you will file WOM on a certain date, you better go ahead and file WOM if they don't show signs of good progress.

Most WOM cases are resolved without actually having to go to court. Typically they contact you (or your attorney, if you hired one to file WOM) within a few weeks after the filing, saying that they will decide the case by a given date if you drop the case. Or they'll tell the court they plan to decide the case by a certain date, and ask the court to dismiss the case once it has been decided.

But if it actually goes to court it may take 6+ months to get a court date. However, while the WOM is pending, the case is under court supervision and USCIS will not have the authority to deny your case without the court's agreement.

Thank you for your responding to my case , Can u give me name and address director of USCIS ? and the other helpful contact ? thank you so much .

Hi , how are u ? i got a letter from The USCIS Ombudsman had assigned a workflow number to my case with a note to get an answer within 45 days. Is that a good sign or what is that mean?

Thanks Jackolanter , so how long can i file WOM ? I had filed Form I-485 Adjustment of Status ,I came USA by K1
It had been over 27 months since we had submitted the Form, and over 17 months from our interview . Can i file it right now or i have to wait over 2 years from my interview ? My lawyer said , i have to wait over 2 years from my interview ?

You don't need to wait for 2 years after the interview. However, you do need to give the Ombudsman and others a chance to take action (otherwise the court is likely to throw out the WOM and tell you to follow up with those parties).

At this point, you should at least wait for the 45 days that the Ombudsman said. Then if they don't do anything by the end of the 45 days, you can include a copy of the letter from the Ombudsman in your WOM filing, and say that you waited for the 45 days but still got no results.

howlong,

If your marriage has passed the second anniversary when they get around to granting adjustment (provided you are eligible), at least you won't have a conditional status, it will go straight to unconditional LPR with a 10 yr card rather than a 2 yr conditional status with follow-up I-751.

Thank you for responding to my questions.

Today, I have finished drafting up the WOM, including all WOM's District Court Cover Letter, Summon Form, the certified mail receipts sent to Congressman, Senator, First Lady, USCIS National Director, Regional Director, District Director, and Field Office Director, and ready to send a letter "Intend to Sue". Should I attach the WOM with my letter and all the receipts and corresponds with the government? My USCIS District Director is located in another state, but I found out my case is under reviewed with my local USCIS Field Director. Should I send the letter "Intend to Sue" with the WOM to my local USCIS Field Director or USCIS District Director (which located in another state)?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Thank you for responding to my questions.

Today, I have finished drafting up the WOM, including all WOM's District Court Cover Letter, Summon Form, the certified mail receipts sent to Congressman, Senator, First Lady, USCIS National Director, Regional Director, District Director, and Field Office Director, and ready to send a letter "Intend to Sue". Should I attach the WOM with my letter and all the receipts and corresponds with the government? My USCIS District Director is located in another state, but I found out my case is under reviewed with my local USCIS Field Director. Should I send the letter "Intend to Sue" with the WOM to my local USCIS Field Director or USCIS District Director (which located in another state)?

Please let me know. Thanks.