Sue USCIS in small claims court? Really?

Stolen Chalupa

Registered Users (C)
Hmmm... lots of time to scheme...

I think I have a definite financial grievance. The unreasonable delay of my N-400 claim for 2 years is grounds to expedite and sue financially I believe.

First and foremost, I my first strategy would be to file a financial grievance with ombudsman, congressman, district office etc. for the matter of speeding things up. Now, what is the best strategy here? To see particulars, read below. This is always top priority, and the main line strategy. I call this an unreasonable wait grievance. (Using financial loss as the reason)

Secondarily, there is a genuine financial grievance Probably get laughed out of small claims court but! They have to answer to it. Well not really, but at least my financial losses are made known to someone. And someone gets served. That is the main cost of a small claims court case. Serving the defendants. Who knows what may happen, it might even be fun. Few hundred dollars to get into this game.

Now, kind of hard to connect the dots here since A caused B caused C type of thing. i.e. I cannot bring my wife here, since I am not a citizen and it has caused these financial losses. However, I have receipts from Western Union and bank transfers for two years. "Maintaining two residences." I have receipts from 9 trips to visit my wife, each costing around $4,000 each. Four in the last year. I have phone bills in the $100s per month. Thank goodness, Skype has cut down on that, the video phone is great! :) Anyway, not too hard to come up with the $7500 California limit. Wait a few more months and I think I really have a case. For me personally. I would have to wait until I had my passport in my hand, i.e after its over. And would I want to bother at that time? probably not.

Unfortunately in my case. It is too risky to go forward with anything but the "unreasonable wait" method. WOM is out of the question for me unfortunately. Not a squeaky clean past. The last people I want to sue are the FBI.

Anyway have a nice day
SC

Point is that me and others are losing a lot of money due to to unreasonable delay by USCIS, FBI. And there should be a way to recover these loses.

Secondarily, there is a genuine financial grievance Probably get laughed out of small claims court but!

No, they don't need to answer it. The federal government is not answerable to the state courts.

If you want, file a suit in Federal District Court for a Writ of Mandamus. There's no way you'll be able to get any financial losses, especially since as a Permanent Resident you can sponsor your wife for a GC.

Point is that me and others are losing a lot of money due to to unreasonable delay by USCIS, FBI. And there should be a way to recover these loses.
I have a full size pickup truck and 1969 Corvette with 468 ci motor . I think I should sue the government to get refund for the gas bill as they aren't drilling in Alaska.

I agree with GotPR & Triple Citizen.

Because of all the wait times and processing multiple visas I should sue them for pain and hardship ...
Even better ... I should sue them for the cost of living and submit an expense report for trying to maintain my residence ...
May be have them pay for my BMW too .