Successful interview but no decision - Chicago DO

I am not sure if the IO helped in any way to get that file, after I wrote a letter to him regarding oath letter and missing file. I will let you guys know if anything comes up.

I think USCIS act like a robot sometimes a very simple matter can throw them off track because everyone there just does his job by the
book and routine in the book has some bugs. Such simple matter can be easily solved if anyone there throw in a little bit of human intution.
So it can help a lot if you write to yoru own IO for personal help. It is not a proper behavior to ask for personal help. But in case
of action after interview, it is perfectly OK --- Why? because that is onme check box being checked on the N652 interviee result
letter --- it says please contact the immigration officer NAmed on this letter if youhave any issues/inquiry/problems etc

I contacted 1-800 number again, the 2nd level officer told me that my wife's file reached our local office on Jan 11th, 2010. Which is about 60 days after the successful completion of her interview. It's good to know that at least they got the file. I am hoping that they will take come time to review it to make sure everything is correct before they send in the oath letter.

I am not sure if the IO helped in any way to get that file, after I wrote a letter to him regarding oath letter and missing file. I will let you guys know if anything comes up.

That is very good news to know. Hopefully they will find mine soon. If you don't mind my asking, could you please post your wife's detailed timeline, something like mine. I just want to know how much gap was there betweeen giving FP, scheduling interview and the actual interview date. The reason for my asking is, USCIS already spend months pre-interview trying to locate my file. Was it the same case with your wife's petition or did they just schedule the interview without waiting too long? I am just hoping they won't wait that long now in my case, having spend months pre-interview. That's why I requested for your wife's timeline.

Also, I am suprised the 2nd level officer at 800 number actually gave that info to you. I called yesterday and he was rude. He was wondering why I am in such a hurry when my interview was done only a week back. It's like they don't care about the huge delay between the FP & interview date. They conveniently reset the timer after every phase, not realizing the fact that my case is already outside the official processing time for Chicago DO.
Anyway, please post the timeline if you can. Thanks.

Thanks spiderman03.

Even though I came to know that they send my wife's file to the local office on Jan 11, I have not yet received any oath letter from them. I have now taken infopass appointment for Feb. 12th to see if I can personally ask for an oath letter from them.

Does someone has experience in this? Is it possible to ask for an oath letter while getting information on the case. I won't mind waiting to get it. Normally they hand over the oath letter to all the people after their interview on the same day. I guess it's worth a try......

Thanks spiderman03.

Even though I came to know that they send my wife's file to the local office on Jan 11, I have not yet received any oath letter from them. I have now taken infopass appointment for Feb. 12th to see if I can personally ask for an oath letter from them.

Does someone has experience in this? Is it possible to ask for an oath letter while getting information on the case. I won't mind waiting to get it. Normally they hand over the oath letter to all the people after their interview on the same day. I guess it's worth a try......

They can print you an oath letter if oath has already been scheduled. There is a post here a level 2 IO reached thru 1-800-375-5283
even faxed the caller an oath letter.

Thanks spiderman03.

May be my lengthy message made you overlook one important piece of information I am looking for. Was there a huge delay in your wife's case between FP & interview scheduling because of the missing A# file? If you look at my timeline, I had like 4 months gap just between FP & LUD change for interview schedule. Was it the same in your wife's case? Please reply.

Both me and my wife got our fingerprints taken on the same day and in about 5-6 weeks, we both scheduled for an interview. Just on the date of the interview, we found out that my file was with them but her file wife was missing. Actually, we both scheduled for our interview, 20 days ahead of our 5th year anniversary.

Both me and my wife got our fingerprints taken on the same day and in about 5-6 weeks, we both scheduled for an interview. Just on the date of the interview, we found out that my file was with them but her file wife was missing. Actually, we both scheduled for our interview, 20 days ahead of our 5th year anniversary.

Thanks for reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Called 800 number today and spoke to 2nd level officer after little hesitation from the 1st level desk people. Put my concerns in a different way this time but the officer told me that my A# file was transferred to local office now. That's some good news finally. Wondering how long the local DO will take now to review the A# file and make a decision.

spiderman03

Did you get any date from him as to what date they send the file to local DO office. I set-up an Infopass appointment to see if I can make them move a bit to get my wife's oath letter.

Good luck

spiderman03

Did you get any date from him as to what date they send the file to local DO office. I set-up an Infopass appointment to see if I can make them move a bit to get my wife's oath letter.

Good luck

I did not get the date local DO received the file. It crossed my mind during the call but didn't ask for it as I do not want to irritate her with 'valid & sensible' questions. Never know how these guys react if we probe the issue deeper. During one of my previous calls on the issue (pre-interview), this IO suggested like it wasn't my business to know about their internal processing system when I asked about the status of A# file. It is our life on the line here and they hold this opinion that it is none of our business. That's why I tend to be careful now when talking to these folks. I have infopass setup for Feb 8th and also a letter drafted to the IO (who interviewed me) ready to be posted on Feb 9th. At the same time, I am in touch with the local Representative here. They send a query to the Chicago DO and waiting for reply.

Well Done spiderman. It is really well you handled the suituation about the officers not irritating them. It may back fire. You mentioned you recved a yellow letter. (10/1/2009: Yellow letter received) What is the yellow letter claimed to take the interview.

I did receive the same asking me to take the "Driver License".

I lost my finger print since the system crashed on the very same day i went in. I was waiting for 2 months wondering what went wrong and finally got that info from here. I even had to argue with the USCIS officer to retake my finger print. I didn't jump too high but present myself they were wrong. After he verified the system he let me take the FP again.

Well Done spiderman. It is really well you handled the suituation about the officers not irritating them. It may back fire. You mentioned you recved a yellow letter. (10/1/2009: Yellow letter received) What is the yellow letter claimed to take the interview.

I did receive the same asking me to take the "Driver License".

I lost my finger print since the system crashed on the very same day i went in. I was waiting for 2 months wondering what went wrong and finally got that info from here. I even had to argue with the USCIS officer to retake my finger print. I didn't jump too high but present myself they were wrong. After he verified the system he let me take the FP again.

The YL asked me to bring DL, Passport & court dispostions since I indicated that I got traffic violations.

Suspecting the answer given to me in my previous call about my A# file transfer to local office, I called the 800 number again today. I specifically asked this time where is my A# file and she says that it is still at the service center, not the local DO. I asked why it is still at the service center when there was a request for my A# file since Oct 2nd 2009 and she doesn't have an answer. This is really frustating. Four and half months already just for A# file transfer from place to place within USA??? I just wrote a letter to the local IO (who did my interview) expressing my concern with the A# file delay. The local IO told me that she needs to put one more request for my A# file as per rules before declaring it as 'LOST' and then proceed with the T# file. I am hoping my letter will draw her attention to finish that formality of putting in that last request.

Spiderman03:

I am just wondering how inefficient this USCIS system is? How can they give you different answer, every time you call them. Now I am confused whether the transfer of my file on a particular date is true or not. The 2nd level officer instructed me to go to your local office and tell them where your file is? Anyway I have an infopass appointment on 12th, will find out what they have to say.

How did your infopass appointment go Spiderman03?. Did you get any useful information from the IO? Do let us know.....

Spiderman03:

I am just wondering how inefficient this USCIS system is? How can they give you different answer, every time you call them. Now I am confused whether the transfer of my file on a particular date is true or not. The 2nd level officer instructed me to go to your local office and tell them where your file is? Anyway I have an infopass appointment on 12th, will find out what they have to say.

How did your infopass appointment go Spiderman03?. Did you get any useful information from the IO? Do let us know.....

I cancelled Infopass scheduled for today. I wasn't sure they will give any useful information. Anyway, I called the 800 number and spoke to a 2nd level officer today and I believe what this officer told me today is true. She told me that my file is at Vermont Service Center and she can see that two requests went from the local DO already. She gave the dates as well. Jan 19th and Feb 4th. I believe those dates are correct because the IO who did my interview told me on Jan 20th that she put in a request the day before for my A# file. She also told me that she will wait 15 days and put in a final request. Also the local representative's office told me that they contacted local DO and waiting for reply. I am assuming the 2nd request went out either because of the query from the representative's office or the IO acted as she said to me. Either way, I will give it another 2 to 3 weeks before I think about other options. Thanks.

Inforpass Appointment

Done with my wife's infopass appointment today. The same IO was sitting on the window who took my wife's interview (Maybe he does not want other officers to know that he has been sitting on this file for a month and not done anything with it). Before we said anything, he said I know why you are here and recognized my wife. He showed us the file he received and said he just got it 2 days before (As per our call to 1-800 number, we know that he received it on Jan 11th). It seems like he didn't even go through the file and forward it to supervisor for final approval. When we asked if everything is all set, he started looking at the file and said you will receive your oath letter in 1-2 weeks, I am going to give this file to the officer for approval.

My concern is that people getting oath letter on the same day of the interview. He has been sitting on it for more than a month, now he needs another 1-2 weeks to send an oath letter. Seems like he is one of the laziest officer working on my wife's file. Well at least now we know that the file is with him in the local office and wait for the oath letter to come.........which we are waiting for 90 days.

Done with my wife's infopass appointment today. The same IO was sitting on the window who took my wife's interview .

I even do not know at yoru DO, the interview officers can be reached thru infopass appointment. At other DOs, I think staff at
infopass zservice desks are not even immigration officers but very junior level clerks just like customer service representatives at
1-800-375-5283 even though they have more access to our case

You may be right WBH. Seems like he decided to come and sit, one he realized that this case is with him and he has been delaying it for no reason even though the file is with him and never replied to the letter we wrote him.

Here is the updated status regarding my case. My last 3 calls to the 2nd level officers at the 800 number gave the same information i.e my A# file was send on Feb 11th and Chicago DO received it now. They are giving dates now and the information seems to be consistent. I am beginning to believe in their answer now. Hope it is correct and the interviewing IO will work on it quickly now. If I don't hear anything by this month end, I plan to write to the local IO directly.