successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Question for alren or harapatra or other experts:

I have a pending I-140 and a pending I-485 (please see my signature). I am currently working on EAD and Advanced Parole and didn't extend my H1-B visa into the seventh year.

I was considering AC I-140 process to get a quicker greencard.

My question is, will filing of I-824 mean that I have abandoned my I-485 (AOS) application and thus may be illegal in this country due to invalid EAD and AP?

Can someone confirm that AC I-140 will not make my EAD and AP invalid?

Thanks,

Filling your I-824 does not make your EAD or AP invalid.
The time to get the I-824 approved is about 8-9 months, Usually the AC-140 goe sthru before that. When the 824 application is picked up they will send a notice asking if you would like to proceed with your 485 or pursue the 824.

But before you can do that you need to wait till your 140 gets approved.

interview date 06/07/2005

EB3
My 140 AD : 11/12/2004
NVC Case Created: 12/02/2004
Fee bill generated: 12/13/2004
Fee Bill recd: 12/29/2004
Fee bill sent: 01/07/2005
P3 -NVC Recd P3 from STL: 03/14/2005
NVC Completed PK3 Review: 03/21/2005
Case Sent to Consulate: 03/30/2005
Interview Date : 06/07/2005

Any new developments / updates/ info :
Emailed consulate asking for interview date on 05/05/2005,
Got reply 05/06/2005 - Interview Date is 06/07/2005....

Questions: For Medical is it OK to go on 06/06/2005 just a day
before interview ? If this is not OK then why not OK?
What are the reason that could delay the interview for more than 1 day...
(Me , My wife & Daughter (5 year old) are in Great health & never had any medical issues by the grace of GOD)

Do you mind sharing your PD?

Hello Ansarianas,

Good to know CP cases are moving these days. My I824 was approved in Dec 2004. I received a mail from NVC asking me to send fee to STL. But my attorney told not to send as they would not send my case to Consulate due to retrogression. My PD is july 2003.
I am glad to know you got interview date.
Do you mind sharing your PD?

Thanks.

Experts,

I have a question regarding, is there any body who has done there CP successfully by going labor substitution route.

I'am getting a approved labo, and intend to o thru CP. Bit no very sure if labor substitution would cuse any issues. Technically it should not, thats why just wanted to check on this forum if anyboy has gone thru or heard about this .

Please let me know.

Hi There,

I have gone through the CP process after getting approved labor from one company. It took only 2 mins to finish my CP interview. Three simple questions and we found ourselves out of the consulate with the immigrant visa stamp approved.

Enjoy and best luck

Hi Patelash01,

thankyou very much for your reply.
If its ok, can I have your personal email/contact info. So that I can get more information about CP process from you thru that.

Hello To all of you
I have an approved Eb-1. I have filed I-824 5 months ago and no response yet. Could you tell me how to file for AC-140 and also can I still file for EAD, if I went with AC-140
thanks and good luck.

interview date change/ duration of visit for interview in mumbai

Hi all:

I have just sent a completed DS-230 Part I with required documentation to the NVC. So it will be a while before I know my interview date. However, I had two questions:

1. I was wondering if the interview date, once set can be requested to be changed. I have an upcoming professional examination in mid October in the US that I cannot afford to miss.

2. How many days should one go to India for consular processing - to take care of medical examinaton and interview? I can take only minimum required holidays from work since I teach and it will be in the middle of an academic semester.

Please advise. Thanks.

sarawgt1 said:
Hi all:

I have just sent a completed DS-230 Part I with required documentation to the NVC. So it will be a while before I know my interview date. However, I had two questions:

1. I was wondering if the interview date, once set can be requested to be changed. I have an upcoming professional examination in mid October in the US that I cannot afford to miss.

2. How many days should one go to India for consular processing - to take care of medical examinaton and interview? I can take only minimum required holidays from work since I teach and it will be in the middle of an academic semester.

Please advise. Thanks.

The whole process should not take more than a week. Say, 3 days for medical (in case, one has to repeat some procedure. And it had happened in case of my wife - there was a special x-ray done for her to make sure everything was fine with her). It is better to arrange the medical appointment from US itself so that there is no delay. The consul work should be over in just a day - they hand over the sealed envelope in the evening after 3.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot Harapatra. That information helps because I will need to let my employer know that I will be leaving for India for those many days in a month's notice (hopefully)!

birht certificate

hi prasad
congratulations
your birth certificate, does it have your first name and last name or just your first name. i am having problem with mumbai municipal office regarding my brith certificate, they will not put my last name on it and my lawyer wants it.
please advise
shirin

shirin said:
hi prasad
congratulations
your birth certificate, does it have your first name and last name or just your first name. i am having problem with mumbai municipal office regarding my brith certificate, they will not put my last name on it and my lawyer wants it.
please advise
shirin

I am really surprised why they can not put the last name. Without the last name the birth certificate may not be complete (although it will still have your parent's names). Check with others from Mumbai. Also, sometimes they create problem in order to squeeze some money.

CP with LC Substitution

Gurus,
Do you think one might have problem at US Consulate with CP option with labor substitution?

Thanks in advance.