successful CP MUMBAI AC140

Acceptance timeframe

Wanted to know from ppl who have applied recently, about how long it is taking these days at the Mumbai consulate from the time of submitting the application to the notification of acceptance.

Would be tremendously helpful to me in planning my trip to Mumbai.

Thanks all

INFORMATION NEEDED

Hello All,

My I-824 was filed in May 2003, in the Nebraska Center, the processing time shown is 365 days.

It has been 5 months since, the figure "365" has not changed. Is something wrong somewhere ?...

Secondly, at this stage if I wish to change my employer (my I-824 filed and waiting)....Will I need to go through the whole GC process all over again ?... {FYI - I have a valid H1-B Visa}

Kindly someone throw some light !!

Thanks
Jawad

i140limbo:

I am assuming you are asking about timeframe between mailing AC I-140 to Bbay sending email to attorneys that case has been accepted. IF this is your question then the answer is generally about 4 weeks but in some cases it can take upto 8 weeks. There are no specific reasons why it would take that long to acknowledge acceptance!

jawad:

I am guessing you have filed your I-824 for converting from AOS to CP. This at Nebraska is taking upto 365 days. This is a standard message that is displayed on the bcis online status site and also on automated voice mails. Only when your case is approved will this message change to I-824 approved on xx/xx/xxxx which will take hopefully less than another 7 months but can even take that much/ more.

Secondly, at this stage if I wish to change my employer (my I-824 filed and waiting)....Will I need to go through the whole GC process all over again ?... {FYI - I have a valid H1-B Visa}
Answer: If you have filed 824 to convert from AOS to CP then I recommend not to change employer since that would mean re-filing the entire GC process.

On the other hand if you field 824 to change from cp to aos and only when 824 has been approved and after that you have been on 485 for more than 180 days, can you change employment to a similar job description and similar pay without affecting your current GC process. But i dont think you fall in this category.

So i would suggest not to change employment at this point in time!

CP vs AOS

Hi Kdivekar,

Please accept my apologies if this question does not belong here as I have looked significantly in other threads seeking an answer to this very basic question but was unable to find it.

I know there are a lot of intricacies involved when making a decision and would depend on one's circumstances on whether to choose AOS or CP once the labor is approved.

I would, however, still like to know what option is preferred these days from processing time perspective and would very much appreciate your comments/suggestions. Typically how long does each of them take once labor is approved, starting from filing to approval? My labor is filed with Vermont Center.

Appreciate your time and inputs.

Cheers.

I would, however, still like to know what option is preferred these days from processing time perspective and would very much appreciate your comments/suggestions.
Answer: This depends on case by case basis. Needless to say research more but at a high level DO CP if:
1. You've (and other applicants such as spouse and kids) been been in status throughout your stay in usa. And there is no criminal/ illegal/ unlawful / fraudulent past in all countries you have lived.
2. There is no contagious medical condition (like hiv/ syphilis/ std...) with yourself or any of the derivative applicants.
3. Your job is 100% secured for the time of I-140 and until CP interview atleast.

On the other hand if you do not meet any 1 or more of the above criteria then proceed with AOS (485) as this will give you the safety net of AC21 ruling which means 180 days after filing 485 papers you have the flexibility to change jobs without affecting GC process.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typically how long does each of them take once labor is approved, starting from filing to approval? My labor is filed with Vermont Center.
Answer: Not knowing what category you have filed under and knwoing only that your I-140 will be filed with VSC, all I can say is that it will take about 1 year to get I-140 approval. Assumption I am making here is that you have either filed in EB2 / EB3 category. If you decide go with CP you will get your Consular Process (CP) interview date in about 6-8 months after I-140 approval. On the other hand if you decide to go with I-140 with 485 then you will get your GC minimum 2.5 years after filing 485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kdivekar,

Thanks very much for your reply, really appreciate it. Furthermore, you were right in guessing that I have applied in EB2/RIR category.

As per your last statement, "On the other hand if you decide to go with I-140 with 485 then you will get your GC about 2.5 years after filing 485" - This means that it will take 2.5 years after filing 485 provided that I apply for 485 AFTER the approval of I-140? i.e. one step after another meaning total of 3.5 years from after labor approval.

If the above is correct then will the filing of I140 and 485 together reduce the processing time (logically it should, but..) at all? So, in this case is it safe to assume that it would take 1.5 years after I140 approval, considering, of course, that both I140 and 485 follow month to month processing pattern?

Again, thanks a ton for your comments and suggestions.

Cheers.

kpatel:

No I meant minimum 2.5 years if you file I-140 with 485 concurrent. Remember it is minimum time...does not mean it will get approved in 2.5 years. It will more than likely take longer given the current state of affairs.

Hence is you meet criteria for CP and your spouse does not need EAD then CP may be a better option since you will get GC faster than thru AOS.

ac140

Hi,

I have applied my case through AC140. My company has changed the attorney since when my case was applied. Now does it matter to the consulate if some of the papers now received are from a different attorney?

Thanks
Rajnish

gbittu:

I think this question has been asked in a couple other threads and I think I have answered the question in the other thread.

Basically ask your new attorney if change of attorney form has been filed or not!

ac140

I am going for the AC140 interview in this month. Just wanted to clarify the following from you:

* Do we require to have attorney certified copies of I-140 and I-824 for the interview
* What originals we need to give in consulate
* Can we get copies notarized in India also
* whether Employment letter must be addressed to the embassy
* In medical do they go for TB test by injecting vaccine & X-ray

I will appreciate your response a lot.

Thanks

* Do we require to have attorney certified copies of I-140 and I-824 for the interview
Answer: Check this site for all document requirements.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=94430
There is no need to carry copy of AC I-140 package + I-824 since the consulate will have it but if you have a copy carry it just for reference sake!

* What originals we need to give in consulate
Answer: The only originals that you will hand over to the consulate are your passports, visa approvals if any (new I-94 document), notarized employment letter and notarized I-134. REst whatever is asked for can be cubmitted in copies that need not be notarized. The person collecting documents will see the photocopy and the original and take photocopies.

* Can we get copies notarized in India also
Answer: EMployment letter and I-134 has to be notarized in usa. There are no other documents to be notarized. There is no need to notarize photocopies of other documents.

* whether Employment letter must be addressed to the embassy
Answer: USA Consulate, Delhi OR TO whomsoever it may concern. Preferably consulate!

* In medical do they go for TB test by injecting vaccine & X-ray
Answer: First is skin test/ maanto test (where they inject a dye) is what it is called where 99% desis comes out positive due to BCG vaccine given at birth. Then comes the x-ray which proves everything is fine!

good lawyer

can anyone refer me to a good lawyer for the ac140 process. my lawyer refuses to do the process saying that its too risky:(

thanks

Please help on AC140 processing?

Guys,

I have some questions on AC140 processing

1) I have applied for I-140/485 cuncurrent processing. Now Can I go for Ac140 after I-140 approval while 485 is pending (Considering I have EAD/Advance parole)?

2) Can one go AC140 after using EAD while 485 is pending?

3) Does it need to have a valid H1-B for AC140 and interview at consulate?

Please help and educate me on this. Any answers are appreciated.

Thanks.

AC-I140

Hi KD1403

I have few questions on ACI-140.

1. My Labour Certification is filed under EB3 category through my employer and got approved on June 2003

2. My employer filed my I-140 and I opted for CP option. The RD notice as on BCIS case online staus, it is on July 1st,2003

3. I have valid H1B for another 2year. My client whom I work for converting our Company consultants to their permanent employes provided if they have green card. (With the knowledge of my company). Hence I looking for faster option to get my green card.

4. I am waiting for I 140 approval from July and by looking into the recent approvals, I140 CP option may take a very long time.(Minimum 6 months).

5. I would like to know whether I am eligible to apply for AC-140 after I140 approval? I assume this will speed up my proccess.
If I file I-824 and produce the receipt alone, is it OK.? - please note my I140 is under CP.

Appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi kd1403,

If NVC reviews your case and asks the lawyer for more documents
do they take up the case immediately after you send the required docs or do they put it in a different queue? Does processing take longer in this case than usual? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Getting impatient :)

Hi all,

My lawyer sent my AC140 application to the Mumbai consulate on Sep 11, 2003. Lawyer has not heard anything from them, not even an acknowledgement of the receipt of the application.
Reading the earlier posts, it seems reasonable to expect the 3-4 weeks for a case number to be assigned.
Anyone in a similar situation?

Thanks very much